PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul visiting any other states than Iowa and NH?

Razmear
08-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Looking at his recent events he doesn't seem to be heading anywhere other than Iowa or New Hampshire.
Not to second guess the campaign, but it seems it might be productive to visit some of the other 48 states, at least in terms of fund raising. I know we could get a big turnout for him here in SC and I'm sure the crowds would be just as large where ever he went.
Perhaps a Ron Paul Bus might be a good investment for the campaign, something comfy enough for him to work and sleep in while going from city to city. Might be cheaper than all the flights between DC, Iowa and NH too.

eb

Razmear
08-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Used RVs are between 50 and 100K for a nice ride with sleeping quarters and slide outs. Would show his 'frugality' as well VS Palin's and Perry's million dollar buses.

http://www.rvshoponline.com/pre-owned-inventory/

eb

eduardo89
08-25-2011, 02:58 AM
Ron should lease a million dollar bus. He needs to drive around in something that says "I'm a presidential candidate" and at his age he needs something as comfortable and with all the amenities possible if he's going to have such a busy schedule.

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Ron should lease a million dollar bus. He needs to drive around in something that says "I'm a presidential candidate" and at his age he needs something as comfortable and with all the amenities possible if he's going to have such a busy schedule.

Leasing a $500,000 RV would be more than enough.

robert9712000
08-25-2011, 05:09 AM
i think putting most his efforts into iowa and nh is a good move.Right now Ron Pauls biggest roadblock ,holding people back from supporting him is the perception that hes unelectable.If he were to win in iowa and nh youd find alot jumping on board nationally.Monetary wise im not sure ,

chronicaust
08-25-2011, 05:29 AM
i think putting most his efforts into iowa and nh is a good move.Right now Ron Pauls biggest roadblock ,holding people back from supporting him is the perception that hes unelectable.If he were to win in iowa and nh youd find alot jumping on board nationally.Monetary wise im not sure ,

I agree with this, I think in the grand scheme of things he's doing what's best for the campaign. I wish he would come to Alabama, but no one ever comes here lol.

IDefendThePlatform
08-25-2011, 05:41 AM
I agree with the OP that RP should also be visiting South Carolina. That's probably the most important state, and it really is winnable if we lay the groundwork now, then can find a way to win either Iowa or New Hampshire.

Does he really need to be in DC for much? Those clowns in congress are going to vote for more and bigger government every chance they get, we need to get RP elected Pres way more than we need his vote against most bills in congress. Obviously, the high profile ones like debt ceiling we want to be there for, but otherwise, stay and campaign for a while.

nasaal
08-25-2011, 07:12 AM
The unelectable argument seems to make no sense to me. The only way someone can be unelectable is if the people deem it so. People only deem someone unelectable when they are told to think so. Noone is unelectable unless they fail to meet the legal requirements. I understand what the term means, but it seems like a self fulfilling term.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
We win the other states by winning in the top 3 in Iowa, and by winning Nevada and NH. These 3 victories will be done by the Phone from Home program.

RileyE104
08-25-2011, 09:10 AM
He was in Florida just last week and I think he's been to Nevada a couple times not so long ago.
Also, wasn't he in New York?

GunnyFreedom
08-25-2011, 09:24 AM
I know there is an NC event coming in a few months, don't know the details. As much as I'd love him to come here, I agree, SC is more important right now.

musicmax
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I agree with the OP that RP should also be visiting South Carolina.

+1. Bachmann & Perry recently came to Rock Hill (Charlotte media market). Romney is skipping DeMint's Labor Day forum. Good opportunity for RP to amplify his support and really go for that DeMint endorsement.

musicmax
08-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I know there is an NC event coming in a few months, don't know the details. As much as I'd love him to come here, I agree, SC is more important right now.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/632/orlyp.jpg

Cool

Canderson
08-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Hes coming to Nevada and California in Sept

sailingaway
08-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Besides Florida he went to South Carolina and Nevada early on and will be back in South Carolina over Labor Day for DeMint's forum. he will be in Ca for the debate and convention right after

JohnGalt23g
08-25-2011, 10:52 AM

If he wins IA and /or NH, you'll see the money fly in.

AFPVet
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Leasing a $500,000 RV would be more than enough.

I agree... these new RV's are no joke. They are essentially the same as the top of the line tour buses—they share the same chassis, and other things. They are both actually considered "coaches". The only difference is the typical uses—touring versus general tour, camping.... With a top notch RV, you can do anything that a tour coach can do—and more!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
We win the other states by winning in the top 3 in Iowa, and by winning Nevada and NH. These 3 victories will be done by the Phone from Home program.

Minnesota caucuses come before Nevada -- MN is Feb 7 -- and we're not getting RP.

djruden
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Dr. Paul more than likely was in Iowa a bunch recently to get people to support him at the Straw Poll. For me, it was over a 2 hour drive (1-way) to put in my vote, so him coming here helped encourage people to go for him.

He has an office in the state and will keep a presence here. He's likely to ramp up the efforts in the winter when we get closer to the first-in-the-nation caucus. If he can bring a victory over all the other candidates in the first primary, he will show just how strong his support is and it will be very good for his campaign.

I presume there's similar reasoning to his trips to NH as they have the second primary.

GunnyFreedom
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Greenville, NC -- an event for Congressman Walter Jones.

http://www.walterjonescommittee.com/events

October 7th