PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly dilemma - will we whine & complain again or will we hit back hard & fast thi

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 09:46 PM
So, there is question on my part.
And I also have kind of idea how to hit him back. We should follow Jon Stewart approach. We should mock him, ridicule him and expose him as a lying, deceiving bigot. And how to do that?

Well, having in mind our resources, I say how about full page ad in some New York newspaper. And theme of the ad should be Bill O'Reilly deception about last Rasmussen poll and fact that he left out Ron Paul who is trailing Obama by only 1%, best of all GOP candidates, and then he was overbold enough to state how nominating Ron Paul is safe way to Obama's second term.
I know this is quite expensive venture, but keep in mind what will we get in return. It is not just one page in one newspaper - it is national coverage as well which will follow. Just like with Robert Morrow sex ad. And if Morrow himself had been able to finance one page ad, I hope we can do the same thing. Also, after Jon Stewart piece, and all following reports on media blockout, this ad will have a lot of trustworthiness at face value.

Opinions?

FSP-Rebel
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't worry, Stewart will make it right.

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Stewart is on vacation for two weeks

JohnGalt23g
08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Don't pick fights with people who buy ink by the barrel.

Sorry about repeating this, biut I think it is importatn for the campaign to at least consider this. If anyone can get word to them, please do so.

Copied from another thread:

I've put some thought into this, and I've figured out what my recommendation to the campaign would be.

Go to O'Reilly's people and say: Look, we've had some rough experiences with Bill in the live format in the past, where we, and a lot of other people thought Bill came off as rude. So here's what we'll agree to...

Bill and Ron sit down, one on one, for as long as long as you like. Everything is on the table, no question out of bounds. O'Reilly agrees to give sufficient time to answer any question before asking followups. Producer gets the final edit, but entire unedited interview goes up on billoreilly.com, and gets shared with the campaign.

Does that sound fair to everyone involved?

Bruno
08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
You give the campaign a hard time, and this is your approach? Interesting.

FSP-Rebel
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM
ya, wat?

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 10:21 PM
I was thinking something like:

This ad is just for you Bill

We know you are so busy so we understand it wasn't malice on your part when you commented latest Rasmunssen poll and missed to mention that Ron Paul is polling best against Obama, following him by just one mere percentage point.

Yes, it's not your fault. When you reported on results of other GOP candidates against Obama, you just hadn't saw Ron's name. Don't worry, it's often case this days. Ron Paul is sort of invisible. Like a thirteenth floor in a hotel, you know.

So, we understand your statement that nominating Ron Paul is sure way for Obama second term is just case of misreading Rasmunssen poll on your part, and nothing else. And in order to help You to provide true facts for your audience, there is part of report on latest Rasmussen poll bellow.

Take a long, hard look at it Bill

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5654/rasmussenreport.jpg

Paid by Ron Paul Presidential campaign grassroots supporters

TIMB0B
08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I was thinking something like:

This ad is just for you Bill

We know you are so busy so we understand it wasn't malice on your part when you commented latest Rasmunssen poll and missed to mention that Ron Paul is polling best against Obama, following him by just one mere percentage point.

Yes, it's not your fault. When you reported on results of other GOP candidates against Obama, you just hadn't saw Ron's name. Don't worry, it's often case this days. Ron Paul is sort of invisible. Like a thirteenth floor in a hotel, you know.

So, we understand your statement that nominating Ron Paul is sure way for Obama second term is just case of misreading Rasmunssen poll on your part, and nothing else. And in order to help You to provide true facts for your audience, there is part of report on latest Rasmussen poll bellow.

Take a long, hard look at it Bill

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5654/rasmussenreport.jpg

Paid by Ron Paul Presidential campaign grassroots supporters

That's good, but you haven't sent this yet, have you? It needs to be revised for spelling and grammatical errors.

South Park Fan
08-24-2011, 11:24 PM
An ad showing the various polls where Paul performs well might be beneficial without the snark. You will get more flies with sugar than vinegar, and even though Bill O'Reilly's endorsement is out of the question, the support of his listeners isn't.

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 11:28 PM
That's good, but you haven't sent this yet, have you? It needs to be revised for spelling and grammatical errors.

This is just idea. Rough one. Just to give impresion what I have in mind. It certainly can be done much better.

TIMB0B
08-24-2011, 11:36 PM
This is just idea. Rough one. Just to give impresion what I have in mind. It certainly can be done much better.Well, it's good. Just needs to be edited.

TheTyke
08-24-2011, 11:38 PM
What did you use to block the advertisements in that screenshot? I'm trying to get a clean screenshot for a project...

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 11:48 PM
An ad showing the various polls where Paul performs well might be beneficial without the snark. You will get more flies with sugar than vinegar, and even though Bill O'Reilly's endorsement is out of the question, the support of his listeners isn't.

I'm afraid that is where you are wrong. An ad showing various pools where Paul performs would be just that - an ad. Nothing special. This, on the other hand, would likely got attention from other media, and would be widely reported and commented. And any media reporting about this ad would have to mention some basic facts:

1. Ron Paul is polling best against Obama of all GOP contenders

2. Bill O'Reilly commented the Rasmunssen poll and results of other GOP contenders against Obama, but skipped Ron Paul

3. Bill O'Rilley stated how Ron paul nomination is safe way to Obama's second term.

All of that on the same show.

This is great way to promote that Ron Paul is polling strongest agains Obama. If we make 'suger' ad, no one would care too much. But, add to that little spice in form of Bill O'Reilly and - voila! We have something very newsworthy.
It would be very interesting to see how would he explain that. It would be very, very difficult.

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 11:55 PM
What did you use to block the advertisements in that screenshot? I'm trying to get a clean screenshot for a project...

As I said it is just basic idea. I'm not sure if we can use screen shoot of Rasmunssen page in an ad. Intelectual rights and all that. And it can be done much better.

Here is link for Rasmunssen site:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/obama_39_paul_38

As you see there is no advertisements at the moment.

RIPLEYMOM
08-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Fight. Go on O'Reilly. There's no other way. O'Reilly is the neocon king. His audience will never vote for Ron Paul, but RP will gain massive credibility from those on the fence. FOX is obviously feeling the heat and trying to regain viewership. Don't quit now. He must do these interviews.

TheTyke
08-25-2011, 12:05 AM
As I said it is just basic idea. I'm not sure if we can use screen shoot of Rasmunssen page in an ad. Intelectual rights and all that. And it can be done much better.

Here is link for Rasmunssen site:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/obama_39_paul_38

As you see there is no advertisements at the moment.

Thanks.. There are big advertisements on mine, and they take away from the message. I'm using Firefox. Do you have some kind of ad blocker running or something? I'm thinking about making a Youtube video taking apart O'Reilly's distortions.

lucky_bg
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks.. There are big advertisements on mine, and they take away from the message. I'm using Firefox. Do you have some kind of ad blocker running or something? I'm thinking about making a Youtube video taking apart O'Reilly's distortions.

I use Chrome, and if there is some kind of ad blocker, i'm not aware of it. If yop PM me your e-mail, I'll send you screenshoot I used.

Cleaner44
08-25-2011, 12:30 AM
My blog is a resource of polls and such. I have been tracking Ron's progress.
http://thecaseforronpaul.wordpress.com/

lucky_bg
08-25-2011, 12:36 AM
My blog is a resource of polls and such. I have been tracking Ron's progress.
http://thecaseforronpaul.wordpress.com/

Thanks. I just think if we use Rasmussen web page screenshoot (if it's legal, ofcourse), it would send much more powerfull message.

dusman
08-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Well, there is an alternative. I had an idea I'd like to incorporate into the www.blackthisout.com moneybomb. Here is from my post:

Allow users to report misrepresentations by the media. Each report will get screened and published on the moneybomb site. Each story could be individually shared out through social media and every page would have a pledge form, which would be tracked.

In this way, not only does it increase exposure to the moneybomb, but it also gives us really great details on how each story influences pledge totals.

As an example, say that the New York Times does a nasty hit piece and that one story influences 500 pledges and $50,000 in potential donations. We could then take those details right back to them and instead of lashing out at them, like usual... we can thank them for putting $50,000 more into Ron Paul's war chest. Oops, that backfired!

If the mainstream media has an agenda to stifle Ron Paul's campaign... knowing that their own stories are basically creating millions in donations.. you have to imagine that might change their tone quite a bit. The more they misrepresent, the more they add fuel to the fire. Knowing that their agenda is self-defeating.. it might just stop them in their tracks.

Further, we could do running totals for all media outlets and put them into contest against each other. 1) We'd be able to see which outlet was the most aggressive against Ron Paul and 2) see which ones garnered the most pledges of any of them.

Imagine if that caused this moneybomb to pull in $10million in donations? Not only would they have to report such a massive amount being pulled in, but they'd also have to admit that their own reporting made it go so high. An odd conundrum for the media! Any curiosity from the press would naturally lead them back to the moneybomb site, where they would have a historical account of all the bad reporting and how that in itself, generated millions of dollars. That could become it's own story!

What do you guys think?

lucky_bg
08-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Well, there is an alternative. I had an idea I'd like to incorporate into the www.blackthisout.com moneybomb. Here is from my post:

What do you guys think?

I think if we would pay for a full page ad, we may as well put http://www.blackthisout.com/ at the bottom of the page. We can promote Black This Out moneybomb and get some additional pledges that way. :D

orenbus
08-25-2011, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

robert9712000
08-25-2011, 01:50 AM
I think the ad showing the poll is fine but if youve noticed in everything Ron Paul does he attacks ideology not individuals,so i say ignore Bill Oreilly .

You give him credibility to others that his opinion matters by coming down to his level .Everyone knows hes a shill for the neocons and doesnt respect his opinion.People watch him for the freak factor.Hes defiantly also a attention whore,youd actually make him more angry by ignoring him.He thrives on getting a rise out of people and that would play right into his game.

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 02:13 AM
I think if we would pay for a full page ad, we may as well put http://www.blackthisout.com/ at the bottom of the page. We can promote Black This Out moneybomb and get some additional pledges that way. :D

I think the ad showing the poll is fine but if youve noticed in everything Ron Paul does he attacks ideology not individuals,so i say ignore Bill Oreilly .

You give him credibility to others that his opinion matters by coming down to his level .Everyone knows hes a shill for the neocons and doesnt respect his opinion.People watch him for the freak factor.Hes defiantly also a attention whore,youd actually make him more angry by ignoring him.He thrives on getting a rise out of people and that would play right into his game.

I think an ad for blackthisout in several major newspapers would be far better than the O'Reilly ad idea.

Perhaps find out how much it would cost to do a decent sized ad in these:

New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Washington Post
San Francisco Chronicle
Dallas Morning News
Miami Herald

lucky_bg
08-25-2011, 02:24 AM
I think an ad for blackthisout in several major newspapers would be far better than the O'Reilly ad idea.

Perhaps find out how much it would cost to do a decent sized ad in these:

New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Washington Post
San Francisco Chronicle
Dallas Morning News
Miami Herald

a lot...:eek:

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 03:11 AM
a lot...:eek:

I believe the OP's ad idea would be around $200,000 or more.....maybe I should actually look it up. Lol.

Oddone
08-25-2011, 03:19 AM
NY times or a similar paper can cost 70k+ for a black and white full page ad. Color it goes up!

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow. I was thinking 1/4 page ads in each.

x6 would probably be $100,000 or higher.

lucky_bg
08-25-2011, 03:35 AM
According to this source around 40k for a black and white full page ad.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-stoute-explains-40000-nyt-160049

It is probably 'standby' rate, which mean advertisement can run anytime in a seven-day window.
Considering it is about educating O'Riley, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be quite generous additional discount. :D

Oddone
08-25-2011, 03:51 AM
The price also depends what day of the week the ad is placed. Sunday papers usually cost more.

bunklocoempire
08-25-2011, 04:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

I've never seen that one, or don't remember seeing it.

Thanks for posting orenbus.:)

Bunkloco

LisaNY
08-25-2011, 05:36 AM
The best way to hurt Bill O'Reilly is to turn him off and mock & ridicule his viewers (In particular your friends & family members who watch him) there is a playful way to go about it like, "come on, you really watch that idiot?". I have done this in the past and found it effective. I was successful in turning off my father and a few of his senior friends to Beck, as well as a few of my husband's friends by making them feel stupid for watching that crap. I also have an aunt who was sending money to Dick Morris until I told her about his sleazy past with the whores and the clintons. She was mortified (maybe I piled it on a little thick) but it worked. Thee smear merchants are nothing without an audience.

erowe1
08-25-2011, 05:41 AM
I have no idea what he did.

But I say just keep ignoring him. If you weren't already ignoring him, then better late than never.

Steve-in-NY
08-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Ignore it and move on to other productive things.

No Free Beer
08-25-2011, 08:10 AM
just ignore them. they are trying to bait us in...be smart. do it for ron paul

LibertyEagle
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Get even. WIN! :)

RIPLEYMOM
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Maybe Jon Stewart can mock Bill O'Reilly during his next interview with Ron Paul. Stewart can yell and interrupt Paul and say he doesn't want to talk about history. O'Reilly most likely will bring it up on his next show as he usually does.