PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show: Robin Koerner or Ron Paul?

progressiveforpaul
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/2011/08/daily-show-robin-koerner-or-ron-paul.html

KramerDSP
08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Very interesting read/angle, thanks for sharing.

I agree. ProforPaul is resilient and keeps coming back despite being disparaged a lot around here. He is a valued member of this forum, of which is the most gigantic tent I personally have been involved with. I think the question he proposes JS should ask RP is a very good one.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't see how what ProforPaul wrote is any different than the standard libertarian position of giving the money back to the people so they can spend it on whatever they want in the first place. Tax rates and tax expenditure on the state level, while vehemently opposed by us, is not the purview of the Federal Leviathan and is in no way a solution to any problem (such should be obvious by this point in time). So, I don't see what the problem he is trying to correct is -- unless instead of giving the people their money back (via not taxing them...) he wants the Federal Leviathan to write checks to the States based on a criteria of population or in otherwords the flipping of the countries original tax policies (instead of taxing the States per population and based on FY budgets and them (The numerous states) sending Leviathan a check (there were very very few Leviathan taxes save for a select few 'sin' aka excise taxes), Leviathan will just tax whatever it wants and then if it feels necessary it'll throw some back to the States after having engorged itself on most of what it took.) Sort of like Leviathan eating at a buffet and taking others money to pay for it and then at the end going up and throwing some chicken legs in a bag and saying 'Here you go, thought you might like something, aren't I so generous and giving.'

There is something progressives need to understand. We aren't out for piecemeal or temporary tinkering of the existing system. We want a fundamental shift in the role of Government in our lives. Bluntly, we want our fucking lives, time, labor, and liberty back from authoritarians, whether they be good-intentioned, ill-intentioned, or just plain old narcissistic bastards. It's not yours, or theirs. It's the original appropriators. I think you are looking for a problem that doesn't exist. Ron Paul isn't going to stop you at the state level from trying to levy more taxes for whatever State-schemes you want to enact. That'll be us horde of libertarians doing so. :D