PDA

View Full Version : Great Ideas but what are his plans to implement?

gocubsgo
11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Someone at work brought up a great point, I convinced her to watch the Jay Leno Show and she was impressed by Ron Paul, his ideas sounded great but she said,"what are his plans to implement these ideas". I told her I'd look for some information as to what he intends to do and how he intends to it, for example, how he would eliminate the IRS, how he would get us out of IRAQ etc. I know he has spoken in the past and there are videos of the good Doctor saying that he'll have to work with Congress and show them that once he's elected that the American people want change and hopefully they'll listen and he's talked about the day that he is sworn into office, stating he would order the ships in the gulf to pull back from IRAQ and IRAN. I'm looking for a website or if someone can point me to where I might find some of his plans in writing that would be great, so that I can print it out to give it to her. Any help? Thanks.

BTW: Reading that the Philly Rally is still one made my day today. Thanks everywhere who took part in accomplishing this.

james1844
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
A bunch of this stuff is up on the webpage.

gocubsgo
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
A bunch of this stuff is up on the webpage.

It lists his stances on issues, but not how he'll implement it.
For Example:
"We must withdraw from any organizations and trade deals that infringe upon the freedom and independence of the United States of America."

How would be go about withdrawing from these organization through executive orders, through Congress etc.

F3d
11-04-2007, 12:06 AM

gocubsgo
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
He won't be able to do anything without the help of Congress. Maybe the drug war but maybe not. They can easily impeach him if he tries to implement his ideas. It all would depend on what U.S. voters think.
Exactly. So he hasn't really said how he would go about it, except hoping that congress will listen to him because the American citizens elected him. Sounds like a a tough position to be in.

0zzy
11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
The War:
-As Command-in-Chief, Ron Paul can bring the troops as safely and fast as possible (3months to 2 years)
-Stop policing the streets in Iraq
-Bring the Navy back off of Iran

IRS:
Cut spending enough to not need it. We spend 1trillian dollars overseas, he can save billions to hundreds of billions of dollars each year from this. He also wants to cut spending here.

Other:
He can appoint responsible people that reflect his views to the departments and Supreme Court and Attorney General positions. (CIA as well I believe)

Original_Intent
11-04-2007, 12:16 AM
No, they can't "easily impeach him". They could keep a lot from getting done, at least until the mid-term elections, but if they tried to impeach without grounds I think there would be heads on pikes in front of the capitol building.

F3d
11-04-2007, 12:20 AM

F3d
11-04-2007, 12:27 AM

njandrewg
11-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Iraq war he can take care off as the CIC.

The rest he can control with power of persuasion and the veto pen. i..e he can veto all unbalanced budgets that the congress puts up in front of him

F3d
11-04-2007, 12:32 AM

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Congress will say it's unconstitutional to get all the drug users out of jail i.e. abusing his power. Voters would have to voice their opinions, and I don't think it would be pretty. Even if he can't do half of what he wants to do, it's better having nothing than Hillary's absurd proposals! lol

He can pardon people.

When he is nominated, I think we will see a lot of like-minded people running for office.

As far as trade deals go, as President he can stop all future non-free trade agreements and work towards getting the others overturned.

He can also throw out Bush's Security and Prosperity Partnership and all its little working groups that are being used to subvert our sovereignty.

He can veto legislation right and left. All unbalanced budgets. Tax increases, gun grabs, liberty-subverting legislation like the Patriot Acts, etc.

He can stop illegal searches and seizures and illegal surveillance of Americans.

He can make sure the legislation passed to secure our ports and borders is carried out.

He can wholesale get rid of all the Executive Orders and Presidential Directives.

He can get rid of the recent measures to make government more secretive and restore openness to government.

But most of all, it is what we will NOT do. He will not continue us down the path to more centralized government, collectivism and totalitarianism. Nor, will he allow legislation to be signed into law that is unconstitutional. He also will not allow our sovereignty to be subordinated to a North American Union. That alone, is enough reason to vote for him.

But, he also will have a platform to talk to the American people and remind them of a lot of things they have forgotten, or never quite learned. Lessons of the past about the proper role of government and what the tradeoffs are; the dangers of a central bank and how it is used to steal their hard-earned money; what real free trade is, as opposed to the current managed trade agreements, and why it matters to them; why we never want to give up liberty for security and why we never want to turn our liberty over to the whim of man, rather than insist that our Constitution is upheld, etc.

Now, once the American people truly understand some of these things, do you really think Congress is going to be able to keep doing what they're doing? The American people are going to be majorly ticked off when they understand.

F3d
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM

goRPaul
11-04-2007, 01:12 AM
An answer in three parts:

1. Veto power! He's going to veto any bill that doesn't explicitly follow the constitution, forcing Congress to act in accordance to the document. The Constitution is so blatantly disregarded nowadays, RP's veto power will keep the Congress in line. One example might be the budget- RP will veto every unbalanced budget, and only sign one that pays as much as we're taking in.

2. Breaking down the unconstitutional structures that are already in place will take a while. He will be in charge of appointing a Cabinet, so his choice of secretaries will start dissolving the bureaucracies- Education, Energy, Homeland Security, etc.

3. Elections every two years. Representatives and Senators will have to do as the president says, or face the consequences. If they go against President Paul, then they're going to have to explain that to their constitutents. Seriously- who wants to vote for the asshole who voted against abolishing the IRS?

Hope this helps!

johngr
11-04-2007, 01:47 AM
He won't be able to do anything without the help of Congress. Maybe the drug war but maybe not. They can easily impeach him if he tries to implement his ideas. It all would depend on what U.S. voters think.

He can immediately (the word he used in the Calif. debate) neuter the IRS in two ways. First, by mass pardoning tax evaders and second, by hiring US attorneys who agree with him and refuse to prosecute such cases. There is no other morally consistent action on his part than pardoning people who refused to be extortion victims. He has publicly endorsed civil disobedience to unjust laws, even going so far as to call such disobeying a "duty" (listen to the NEOCONNED speech).

johngr
11-04-2007, 01:49 AM
An answer in three parts:

1. Veto power! He's going to veto any bill that doesn't explicitly follow the constitution, forcing Congress to act in accordance to the document. The Constitution is so blatantly disregarded nowadays, RP's veto power will keep the Congress in line. One example might be the budget- RP will veto every unbalanced budget, and only sign one that pays as much as we're taking in.

He'll veto any law that isn't authorized by the constitution. I propose a new nickname: President Veto

NewEnd
11-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Congress can say his intent isn't what the pardon was meant for. The supreme court would agree with them. In reality, the supreme court can say whatever they want.

Not.

Tons of corrupt people are pardoned every time a president leaves office. Happens all the time. And the supreme court can not do a damend thing about it.

In fact, clintoned pardoned a woman convicted of dealing crack and sentenced to 900 years or something ridiculous like that.

johngr
11-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Congress can say his intent isn't what the pardon was meant for. The supreme court would agree with them. In reality, the supreme court can say whatever they want.

The pardon power is unlimited (except for impeachment and non-US citizens). Read Federalist #74.

President Paul will be able to pardon a class of people (US v Klein 80 US 128).

SeanEdwards
11-04-2007, 02:01 AM
He can order all the troops worldwide to come home without approval from anybody.

He can veto every unconstitutional bill, and overspending budget that reaches his desk.

He can unilaterally terminate the thousands of unconstitutional executive orders currently on the books.

He can pardon a whole bunch of people, from tax protestors to non-violent drug offenders.

He can refuse to appoint people to head the bloated Federal departments such as Education and Energy, and can effectively shut down the operation of these entities by refusing to sign a budget that funds them.

I think all that will keep him busy for at least the first week in office. :D

SeanEdwards
11-04-2007, 02:15 AM
I hope that balanced budget doesn't exclude educational grants and loans. :eek:

Do you really think it's moral to forcefully take money from one person in order to pay for someone else's college education? Why should people who can't afford college for themselves be forced to finance the college education of others? Is that fair?

Paul wouldn't even let his own children use federal student loans on principle, so I'd say signs point to no for federal grants. But cheer up, there's still the states, and private loans, and with all the money saved from no income taxes you'll have more to spend on tuition. :D

Nash
11-04-2007, 02:42 AM
He'll veto any law that isn't authorized by the constitution. I propose a new nickname: President Veto

He'll veto plenty but this isn't technically true. He's already stated that he would be willing to pass unconstitutional legislation so long as it did not increase taxes and decreased the overall budget (meaning it cut money from somewhere else).

His primary impact would be troop withdrawal and vetoing any tax increases. Everything else he'd have to get a consensus for.

Corydoras
11-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Remind your coworker that he is in his 10th term in Congress and he knows all about how Congress works and all about how to build coalitions.

He isn't just a guy with good ideas-- he's got a ton of experience with Congress.

Revolution9
11-04-2007, 07:11 AM
I hope that balanced budget doesn't exclude educational grants and loans. :eek:

Uh oh.. The teat is going to be removed and the reaction has begun. Why not pay for your own education out of pocket? Because it costs too much? Why? Because there is too many grants and loans to pay for it perhaps? In the meantime a college degree is worth one hell of alot less than it used to be before everybody had one.

Randy

Ron Paul Fan
11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't think he would to get rid of student loans and grants right away. He has said over and over that he wouldn't throw anyone in the streets and that people are dependent on those. It would be a phase out process if anything and there would still be grants and loans from private entities and the states. The federal government isn't the only one that is capable of giving those out. Dr. Paul probably doesn't believe in the federal grant system because it's taking from someone and giving to someone else, but there would be many more pressing issues on his doorstep-Iraq, Iran, foreign policy, border control, civil liberties, health care, taxes, runaway spending, federal reserve, etc. He'd have to compromise with Congress. That may piss some people off, but it's just the way it is.

steph3n
11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
I think it may be the first time in a LONG time that there is a balanced budget WITHOUT siphoning the "social security trust fund" yes I am talking about the "clinton" balanced budget too, it was a farce.

TheEvilDetector
11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Nice ideas, now lets get to the reality of implementation.

He cannot pardon 100,000s of non violent drug users without decriminalising drugs first, otherwise the police will go on strike across the country and you will have anarchy on the streets.

He cannot withdraw student loans, without a suitable notice and a workable transition to a private student loan market.
This will need an voluntary industry code of conduct. So at least students can see which loan providers abide by certain standards (voluntary of course).

He cannot pull troops back from around the world in less than 2 years. Additionally, the troops will need to have a home (ie. sufficient capacity at domestic bases)
on the way back. I do not think sudden massive military lay offs will be a good idea or he may face a military coup and be overthrown.

He cannot just dismantle the IRS in one go. Firstly, this will need a repeal of the statute governing income tax and ideally also 16th amendment,
but both of these involve congress. He cannot just fire all the people simultaneously in IRS or other departments, those need to be shut down over time in sections
and in an orderly manner and the people concerned need to be provided some financial relief while they look for work in private sector else he will have
major problems on his hands, such as getting 0% cooperation from people working in the executive branch.

The only way to ensure this happens however is to get 1-2% of the meetup people to run for congress (with the rest helping them win the seats in respective areas)
and replace people in it through elections.

The incumbent (R) and (D) delegates will not buckle the system that has been bought and paid for by the corporate/banking/military complex.

Thurston Howell III
11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Congress will say it's unconstitutional to get all the drug users out of jail i.e. abusing his power. Voters would have to voice their opinions, and I don't think it would be pretty. Even if he can't do half of what he wants to do, it's better having nothing than Hillary's absurd proposals! lol

What would congress say, more specifically, about Presidential Pardons being unconstitutional. Or, the Pres could work with congress to pass an act, or a new law, really, it's done all the time. What is your position that it would be against the Constitution? You must be beside yourself with regard to past Presidential Pardons. I'm not saying your wrong, it's just that you've made me think, a sad sight to behold. :)

MsDoodahs
11-04-2007, 08:45 AM
He can order all the troops worldwide to come home without approval from anybody.

He can veto every unconstitutional bill, and overspending budget that reaches his desk.

He can unilaterally terminate the thousands of unconstitutional executive orders currently on the books.

He can pardon a whole bunch of people, from tax protestors to non-violent drug offenders.

He can refuse to appoint people to head the bloated Federal departments such as Education and Energy, and can effectively shut down the operation of these entities by refusing to sign a budget that funds them.

I think all that will keep him busy for at least the first week in office. :D

:D:D:D