PDA

View Full Version : Trump praises Ron Paul yet again

KramerDSP
08-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Second RP-centric tweet from Trump in a week - "@RonPaul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration. Wrong for media to ignore him."

This one was noticed by Erick Erickson, who retweeted it, adding that "Considering @realDonaldTrump is not exactly a Ron Paul fan, this is rather notable. https://twitter.com/#!/realDonaldTrump/status/106011126889852928"

I wonder if Trump is trying to become Ron Paul's Vice-President? LOL. Paul-Trump 2012! Nahhhh... But this does suggest to me that the "wrong nominee" he keeps talking about is Mitt Romney.

pauliticalfan
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
This actually surprises me, only because I also swore that the "wrong nominee" he was talking about was RP. Guess not.

PEnemy
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Trump/Paul 3rd party bid..

Oh god...

Aratus
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
rick astroturf perry or mitt flipflop romney = trump's "wrong nominee"

bluesc
08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
This actually surprises me, only because I also swore that the "wrong nominee" he was talking about was RP. Guess not.

Nah, it's still Ron. If he gets called out on this, and is questioned by the media, you can expect him to say something like "No, no, I still think he's completely unelectable. I just agree with him on a few ideas, on the rest, he's crazy HAR HAR HAR."

If he comes out and endorses his "right" candidate, and you can be sure it won't be Ron.

mport1
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
What was the 1st tweet?

bluesc
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
What was the 1st tweet?

realDonaldTrump Donald J. Trump
Ron Paul is right that we are wasting trillions of dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
13 Aug

CaptainAmerica
08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm surprised that Trump would suggest that Paul has some serious ideas. Ending the wars is probably the "serious " ideas he was referring to?

bluesc
08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm surprised that Trump would suggest that Paul has some serious ideas. Ending the wars is probably the "serious " ideas he was referring to?

That, and perhaps auditing the FED, which seems to have become pretty mainstream now.

One Last Battle!
08-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Trump always said he likes Ron, he just thinks he can't win. He would endorse him if he thought he could win. Romney is the one he hates.

RileyE104
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think a Paul/Trump ticket would be treated very well by the media, but Trump DOES have the money to help us... :eek:
I'd consider it if the GOP keeps treating Paul badly and marginalizing both him and his supporters.
Nice way to give a big FU to the establishment.

However, I think Trump would want to be at the top of such a ticket. Something I wouldn't support unless RP had a good reason.

mit26chell
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dub9k3_VPQ0

FSP-Rebel
08-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Trump must want to repatriate himself these days.

Brett85
08-24-2011, 09:01 PM

No, he was talking about somebody like Perry or Romney. Trump is mostly a paleo-conservative like Pat Buchanan. He wants to run as an independent anti war candidate if a neo-con wins the GOP nomination.

Duckman
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
He wants to run as an independent anti war candidate if a neo-con wins the GOP nomination.

Trump is anti-war? I guess I didn't realize that. If Trump makes public anti-war statements similar to Ron's that could be VERY POSITIVE for Ron. Ron already has locked up conservatives serious about the economy. That I think is a big reason for Ron's recent uptick. We NEED other mainstream conservative candidates to take anti-war stances publicly to make Ron again seem like the trend setter he is.

gerryb
08-24-2011, 10:37 PM
No, he was talking about somebody like Perry or Romney. Trump is mostly a paleo-conservative like Pat Buchanan. He wants to run as an independent anti war candidate if a neo-con wins the GOP nomination.

Really? I don't think so! Who has trump donated to in the past? Let's see..

The real estate mogul and “Celebrity Apprentice” host has made more than $1.3 million in donations over the years to candidates nationwide, with 54 percent of the money going to Democrats, according to a Washington Post analysis of state and federal disclosure records.

Recipients include Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (Nev.), former Pennsylvania governor Edward G. Rendell, and Rahm Emanuel, a former aide to President Obama who received $50,000 from Trump during his recent run to become Chicago’s mayor, records show.
During the recent Chicago mayoral election, Trump contributed $50,000 to Democrat Rahm Emmanuel, according to the Illinois Review. Emmanuel served as Obama's chief of staff during his first two years in office.

As the Center for Responsive Politics first noted in February, Trump has been a generous contributor to both Democratic and Republican candidates and causes. For example, Trump donated a net total of $700 to Obama's ex-primary rival, Hillary Clinton, who now serves as secretary of state under Obama.

During the 2006 elections, Republican Mitt Romney's leadership political action committee, Free and Strong America PAC, received a $5,000 contribution from Trump.

Presidential hopeful and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) also benefited from Trump's money, though back in 1996. Trump donated $5,000 to Gingrinch's then-leadership PAC, Monday Morning PAC.

C'mon folks, histories aren't hard to find with a simple google search in this day and age

Revolution0918
08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I would be all for a PAul/Trump ticket, for the very purpose of getting all the idiot neocons to vote for a ticket just cuz trump was on it....we all know the VP doesn't do shit anyways, who cares....the only other guy that would b worth getting would b the Judge, that way u get all the idiot FOX NEOCONS, and you get the two most constitutionally sound men alive.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-25-2011, 07:57 AM
RP's Twitter account just retweeted it :toady: :collins:

Bruno
08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Amazing that Ron Paul gets so much flack for his speaking ability, when you listen to Donald Trump speak in that clip. He basically said three times "I like a lot of what he is saying", fumbling for other ways to rephrase it, but really didn't succeed.

Brett85
08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Really? I don't think so! Who has trump donated to in the past? Let's see..

C'mon folks, histories aren't hard to find with a simple google search in this day and age

What does that have to do with his position on the wars? He's said many times that he agrees with Ron that we should end the wars. That was one of his recent tweets on twitter.

Diurdi
08-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Trump/Paul 3rd party bid..

Oh god... That would probably result in the most entertaining Presidential Race in US history.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
My guess?

The cynic in me says that Trump is trying to kiss up to the RP crowd in case he runs for Prez as an independent.

mtmedlin
08-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Trump is a tool who will support RP more and more, when RP becomes more popular. They agree on quite a few issues and I can see Trump helping RP out.

As far as who he has donated to.... Trump is a business man. He knows to butter both sides of the bread. Notice, he gave money to people, where he does business. Slimey but smart business.

We all may not like him, but any praise is good praise...especially if he would praise RP with a fat check!

tangent4ronpaul
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I would be all for a PAul/Trump ticket, for the very purpose of getting all the idiot neocons to vote for a ticket just cuz trump was on it....we all know the VP doesn't do shit anyways, who cares....the only other guy that would b worth getting would b the Judge, that way u get all the idiot FOX NEOCONS, and you get the two most constitutionally sound men alive.

For starters, Paul couldn't run independent for Prez till 2016 till 2016 due to sore looser laws. A Trump/Paul ticket would be possible, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States

Garret Hobart, the first Vice President under William McKinley, was one of the very few Vice Presidents at this time who played an important role in the administration. A close confidant and adviser of the President, Hobart was called "Assistant President."[35]

In 1933, Franklin D. Roosevelt raised the stature of the office by renewing the practice of inviting the Vice President to cabinet meetings, which every President since has maintained. Roosevelt's first Vice President, John Nance Garner, broke with him at the start of the second term on the Court-packing issue and became Roosevelt's leading political enemy. Garner's successor, Henry Wallace, was given major responsibilities during the war, but he moved further to the left than the Democratic Party and the rest of the Roosevelt administration and was relieved of actual power. Roosevelt kept his last Vice President, Harry Truman, uninformed on all war and postwar issues, such as the atomic bomb, leading Truman to remark, wryly, that the job of the Vice President was to "go to weddings and funerals." Following Roosevelt's death and Truman's ascension to the presidency, the need to keep Vice Presidents informed on national security issues became clear, and Congress made the Vice President one of four statutory members of the National Security Council in 1949.

Richard Nixon reinvented the office of Vice President. He had the attention of the media and the Republican party, when Dwight Eisenhower ordered him to preside at Cabinet meetings in his absence. Nixon was also the first Vice President to assume temporary control of the executive branch, which he did after Eisenhower suffered a heart attack on September 24, 1955, ileitis in June 1956, and a stroke in November 1957. President Jimmy Carter was the first President to formally give his Vice President, Walter Mondale, an office in the West Wing of the White House.

Though Walter Mondales's tenure was the beginning of the modern day power of the Vice Presidency, the tenure of Dick Cheney saw a rapid growth in the office of the Vice President. Vice President Cheney held a tremendous amount of power and frequently made policy decisions on his own, without the knowledge of the President.[36] After his tenure, and during the 2008 United States Presidential Election, both Vice Presidential Candidates, Sarah Palin, and Joe Biden, recognized that the office had expanded too much under Cheney's tenure and both had planned to reduce the role to simply being an adviser to the President.[37]

eaglesfan48
08-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Most probably hate and/or despise Mr.
Trump, but it is still a great thing for us as we are getting praise/publicity from a verrry famous man.