PDA

View Full Version : Why Do US Presidential Voters Seem Brain-Dead?

PeacePlan
08-24-2011, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7NcUOP8Gx8

bluesc
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Oh man, I love Cafferty.

He's always the one who asks the right questions.

robert9712000
08-25-2011, 02:27 AM
That was a good analysis.I wish it would become viral to want someone with brains over a candidate that offers a entertainment factor.It amazes me how the average person gravitates to such shallow candidates with no substance

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2011, 02:38 AM
That was a good analysis.I wish it would become viral to want someone with brains over a candidate that offers a entertainment factor.It amazes me how the average person gravitates to such shallow candidates with no substance

When the individual cedes their responsibility and decision-making to others is it not any wonder that their functional brain-centers atrophy and that the useless superfluous things in life become their je ne sais quoi such as what the 'tube continuously airs. It's the revolving door once the process is initiated. It will take us a while yet to educate and inform those around us that their world paradigm is deeply flawed and dangerous. You can't really lay the blame squarely on those who were born into the revolving door, and it certainly does no good in any event to put such effort into pointing fingers when our energy could instead be put into demonstrating how wasteful and destructive the status quo is both to our health and to our humanity. With that, the march continues. I just wonder where we would be without the liberating avenue that the internet has brought us. I bet TPTB really ache over how their stranglehold is loosening by the day -- Liberty & the internet in their nightmares, while I dream of such a future.

Ah, well, back to watching the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's, 1-4. :D

Cutlerzzz
08-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Ah, well, back to watching the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's, 1-4. :D

1-4? I only know of Trust and Betrayal and Reflection (which is completely non canon).

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2011, 02:48 AM
1-4? I only know of Trust and Betrayal and Reflection (which is completely non canon). What are the other two?

1-4 is just Trust & Betrayal, but I tend to bypass anything taken from Japan to America as it turns into crap. (Dubs are the worst) It's basically Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen. (1-4 just being Ep. 1 through 4) Reflections was just terrible, but Tsuiokuhen was absolutely amazing. Stunning artistry and sophistry. Tomoe was such a sad ending.

PS: I am amazed another person around here likes the Battousai. :p

Cutlerzzz
08-25-2011, 03:02 AM
1-4 is just Trust & Betrayal, but I tend to bypass anything taken from Japan to America as it turns into crap. (Dubs are the worst) It's basically Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen. (1-4 just being Ep. 1 through 4) Reflections was just terrible, but Tsuiokuhen was absolutely amazing. Stunning artistry and sophistry. Tomoe was such a sad ending.

PS: I am amazed another person around here likes the Battousai. :p

Oh, I see what you were saying. I just misread it.

But yea, I agree. Tsuiokuhen was a great movie/special/story. It explained almost everything about who Kenshin was and why he became the Rurouni, while actually providing some drama. Reflections was bad enough that even Watsuki said it awful. And yeah, dubs do ruin quite a few series.

As an anime/manga fan, I can't see how someone could not like Kenshin. It has great plot, character development, drama, and action. Watsuki even knew to pull the plug after around 250 chapters, instead of continuing until the characters grew stall. He also never made the mistake of trying to out do himself in his final arc, and used it to tie up closed ends and give everyone closure. Definitely worth watching and reading.

CaptainAmerica
08-25-2011, 03:07 AM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/imagesqtbnANd9GcQApmjP6qywo0BvaKmaK.jpg

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Oh, I see what you were saying. I just misread it.

But yea, I agree. Tsuiokuhen was a great movie/special/story. It explained almost everything about who Kenshin was and why he became the Rurouni, while actually providing some drama. Reflections was bad enough that even Watsuki said it awful. And yeah, dubs do ruin quite a few series.

As an anime/manga fan, I can't see how someone could not like Kenshin. It has great plot, character development, drama, and action. Watsuki even knew to pull the plug after around 250 chapters, instead of continuing until the characters grew stall. He also never made the mistake of trying to out do himself in his final arc, and used it to tie up closed ends and give everyone closure. Definitely worth watching and reading.

Definitely. I just wish there were a swath of darker, melancholic, historical, romantic styled anime's, that I do. Kenshin is just a pale above everything else, and it would have been even better if the TV anime had stopped at episode 62, and if it took on the styling and musing of Tsuiokuhen, but there is a lot to be said about the philosophical underpinnings of a character like Kenshin. He speaks a lot to me, at least, that he does. :p

Honestly, I'd imagine that a lot of people in the liberty movement would connect with the Kenshin in OVA 3 and 4.

Cutlerzzz
08-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Definitely. I just wish there were a swath of darker, melancholic, historical, romantic styled anime's, that I do. Kenshin is just a pale above everything else, and it would have been even better if the TV anime had stopped at episode 62, and if it took on the styling and musing of Tsuiokuhen, but there is a lot to be said about the philosophical underpinnings of a character like Kenshin. He speaks a lot to me, at least, that he does. :p

It's a shame that the Jinchu Arc was never animated. Instead, it created possibly the worst filler I have ever seen(I want the time I spent watching those 24ish episodes back).

Kenshin is one of the most complex characters I've ever seen, that he is. His progression in Tsuiokuhen, the Kyoto, and Jinchuu arc is amazing.

that I do

lol

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2011, 03:21 AM
It's a shame that the Jinchu Arc was never animated. Instead, it created possibly the worst filler I have ever seen(I want the time I spent watching those 24ish episodes back).

Kenshin is one of the most complex characters I've ever seen, that he is. His progression in Tsuiokuhen, the Kyoto, and Jinchuu arc is amazing.

lol

Oro! :p Anyways, we've brought this thread off-topic enough, that we have.