PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Lou Dobbs

MarcNY
08-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I like Lou, but I wish he would have come out to support Ron Paul in 2008. He really stayed very neutral. I dont listen to his radio show much, does he support him now?

RonPaulFever
08-24-2011, 06:43 PM
I dont listen to his radio show much, does he support him now?

He's always very kind to Dr. Paul and has come about as close as he can get to a flat-out endorsement.

Jeremy
08-24-2011, 06:44 PM
It's not unusual for the media to be neutral. When has someone in the media ever supported a particular candidate? Not to mention, it most likely would be a violation of their contract.

Koz
08-24-2011, 06:49 PM
It's not unusual for the media to be neutral. When has someone in the media ever supported a particular candidate? Not to mention, it most likely would be a violation of their contract.

Is this a joke Jeremy? Many, many people in the media supported Obama in the last election. Maybe not an endorsement, but lavish praise at all times. I suspect it will be the same way this election. I find very few in the media who you cannot almost immediately pick out thier aganda, they are rarely neutral.

Ron was on Lou's show tonight. Lou treated him great. Lou is pretty cordial to all of his guests though.

Jeremy
08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Is this a joke Jeremy? Many, many people in the media supported Obama in the last election. Maybe not an endorsement, but lavish praise at all times. I suspect it will be the same way this election. I find very few in the media who you cannot almost immediately pick out thier aganda, they are rarely neutral.

Ron was on Lou's show tonight. Lou treated him great. Lou is pretty cordial to all of his guests though.

When it's party vs. party, it's a bit different. But it's not like they are going to support someone like Koesh on RT, for example.

kah13176
08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
The media is supposed to remain neutral. Too bad it isn't moreso.

bluesc
08-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I just want the media to be fair. When they are, I'm happy (Dobbs, Cafferty, Cavuto).

But that's not good enough for some people. They want a glowing endorsement. They want praise for Ron Paul.

God, even after the great Stewart segment, people were complaining because Ron only had a small mention on the next episode.

Do not expect support for Ron Paul on major networks.

kah13176
08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I just want the media to be fair. When they are, I'm happy (Dobbs, Cafferty, Cavuto).

Let's not forget Dylan Ratigan. But yes, I'm happy with straight, fair reporting. I'm fine without any media-icon endorsements because that's not the media's place.

CaptainAmerica
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I like Lou, but I wish he would have come out to support Ron Paul in 2008. He really stayed very neutral. I dont listen to his radio show much, does he support him now?
Lou is all about himself. Lou Dobbs really benefits from promoting illegal immigration as the soul problem to the nations economy and he advocates protectionism so no, he will never promote or endorse Ron Paul. Illegal immigrants have been demonized by the media and its clearly because ignorant masses lap up the bias reporting of everything from the economy to the "drunk illegal immigrant" who killed a person in a car accident.Lou Dobbs usually uses that kind of reporting as a way to boost his tv ratings.