PDA

View Full Version : Was there actually an invite from O'Reilly?

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Im sure it doesnt matter either way as far as "fair and balanced" fox is concerned, but can we even confirm that Ron Paul's campaign got an invite to go on O'Reilly's show?

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Bill O'reilly was trying to set up the campaign to fail by putting the campaign into a lose-lose situation. After the way he treated Ron last time in the above video, why would the campaign want to put Ron back on that show again? It would be nothing more than BO trying to corner Ron on drugs and Iran or Ron would simply be shouted down since BO's not a fair interviewer. BO's producers know this and were trying to force the campaign into a corner; either go on our show and get beat up, or we'll beat you up for refusing to go on our show. They are working against us as usual. Not much can be done about it but the fact that RP is going on Lou Dobbs should say something about this.

This is such a transparent ploy by the BO team that it amazes me how many people here have bought into it. Don't fall for the media's tricks and divide/conquer strategy!

lucky_bg
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
What is with the size of letters and all the bolding? There are other people here that also have very strong opinions and feelings to express, but chose to do it in more civil manner, you know.

teacherone
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
What is with the size of letters and all the bolding? There are other people here that also have very strong opinions and feelings to express, but chose to do it in more civil manner, you know.

matt's sock puppet has tourettes.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 02:26 PM
matt's sock puppet has tourettes.

The ignore feature on this site works quite well.

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
So we cant confirm it?

TexMac
08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
What would you consider confirmation? There's a video on the Fox News homepage that explicitly says that their invitation was ignored. That would be a pretty blatant lie, even for Fox.

Aratus
08-24-2011, 03:52 PM
BO= white house 1st dog

BHO = potus

BO'R= oreilly = bore

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
What would you consider confirmation? There's a video on the Fox News homepage that explicitly says that their invitation was ignored. That would be a pretty blatant lie, even for Fox.

I was looking for confirmation since all the MSM knows how to do is lie. In hindsight the only way to confirm it is to see evidence of the email/ phone call of the invite....rendering this thread pretty much pointless.

Chieppa1
08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
doesn't matter if there was an actual invite. The campaign screwed up at the imaginary invite and they must be irrationally taken to task without all the evidence.

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
lets say we can Drudge the perry,georgia gagop straw poll results...
lets THEN call o'reilly + thah POed NY TIMEs reporter with the top-three results
scoop interviews! lets say dr. ron paul was almost conducting a calvin coolidge campaign approach.
we now know that doctor ron paul is officially a top tier candidate and also that
the GA top five will have two favorite sons being front-row and center...

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:10 PM
we grassroots need to to totally smuck mitt romney and rick perry in Georgia!

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:13 PM
the GA GOP fish fry is like a mini-Ames but its RIGHT BEFORE a really big CALIFORNIA STRAW POLL in SEPTEMBER! mojo + moxie + momentum!

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
doesn't matter if there was an actual invite. The campaign screwed up at the imaginary invite and they must be irrationally taken to task without all the evidence.

I disagree. If there really was an invite and it was ignored without Ron Paul even being made aware of it those responsible need to be fired. Whether intentional or not it would amount to sabotage from inside the campaign, if the allegations are true.

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 04:18 PM
the GA GOP fish fry is like a mini-Ames but its RIGHT BEFORE a really big CALIFORNIA STRAW POLL in SEPTEMBER! mojo + moxie + momentum!

The momentum from a great showing in Georgia (I think we can win) can lead to a win in Cali, which would be massively beneficial.

Chieppa1
08-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I disagree. If there really was an invite and it was ignored without Ron Paul even being made aware of it those responsible need to be fired. Whether intentional or not it would amount to sabotage from inside the campaign, if the allegations are true.

But, right now its just allegations based on nothing. Talking conspiracy within the campaign is mind-boggling. So what do you disagree with about my sarcastic remark about this irrational backlash on something that can't be proven?

angelatc
08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
The point that Matt is missing is that the campaign can't play it both ways. They can't fundraise using a whine about not being invited to appear on news shows while simultaneously turning down interviews because a particular format doesn't suit them. (Well, apparently they can...but they shouldn't have, because look what happened. The media called the bluff.)

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
anyway, the WHOLE media or jist two PO'ed people
who might like an EXCLUSIVE scoop down the road?

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 04:36 PM
But, right now its just allegations based on nothing. Talking conspiracy within the campaign is mind-boggling. So what do you disagree with about my sarcastic remark about this irrational backlash on something that can't be proven?

I disagree that it doesn't matter if it was an actual invite. I know the allegations are based on nothing, my above statement only applies if it is true.

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
The point that Matt is missing is that the campaign can't play it both ways. They can't fundraise using a whine about not being invited to appear on news shows while simultaneously turning down interviews because a particular format doesn't suit them. (Well, apparently they can...but they shouldn't have, because look what happened. The media called the bluff.)

^ This.

tangent4ronpaul
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Bill O'reilly was trying to set up the campaign to fail by putting the campaign into a lose-lose situation. After the way he treated Ron last time in the above video, why would the campaign want to put Ron back on that show again? It would be nothing more than BO trying to corner Ron on drugs and Iran or Ron would simply be shouted down since BO's not a fair interviewer. BO's producers know this and were trying to force the campaign into a corner; either go on our show and get beat up, or we'll beat you up for refusing to go on our show. They are working against us as usual. Not much can be done about it but the fact that RP is going on Lou Dobbs should say something about this.

This is such a transparent ploy by the BO team that it amazes me how many people here have bought into it. Don't fall for the media's tricks and divide/conquer strategy!

You know - you really make the assholes that insist in typing in all caps look good - don't you?

Hay go farther - and do the 3L33t thang....

How old are you? 13? - I mean that is soooo "cool" try NOT!

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 04:40 PM
You know - you really make the assholes that insist in typing in all caps look good - don't you?

Hay go farther - and do the 3L33t thang....

How old are you? 13? - I mean that is soooo "cool" try NOT!I did it to ensure that it wouldn't be missed.

tangent4ronpaul
08-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Internal sabotage (or incompetence) it the exact right term.

tangent4ronpaul
08-24-2011, 04:43 PM
I did it to ensure that it wouldn't be missed.

As soon as I saw the font size - I knew it was not worth reading - so DID NOT!

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
SERIOUSLY, TEDDY GAVE BO TO THE fIRST FAMILY!

BO= white house 1st dog

BHO = potus

BO'R= oreilly = bore

lets say we can Drudge the perry,georgia gagop straw poll results...
lets THEN call o'reilly + thah POed NY TIMEs reporter with the top-three results
scoop interviews! lets say dr. ron paul was almost conducting a calvin coolidge campaign approach.
we now know that doctor ron paul is officially a top tier candidate and also that
the GA top five will have two favorite sons being front-row and center...

we grassroots need to to totally smuck mitt romney and rick perry in Georgia!

The momentum from a great showing in Georgia (I think we can win) can lead to a win in Cali, which would be massively beneficial.