PDA

View Full Version : Why the MSM infuriates me.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
When cops gunning people down on a lone bridge are "missteps".

Fuck me, graft, corruption, intimidation, beatings and murders are not "missteps"! :mad:

New Orleans struggles to overcome mistrust of police

http://news.yahoo.com/orleans-struggles-overcome-mistrust-police-125215645.html

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Sylvia McKenzie has seen it all in her New Orleans neighborhood where she was once held up at gunpoint on her front step: Drug deals, shootings and even prostitution on a nearby street.

What she has not seen much of, she says, are police officers who she believes could clean up the area she has lived in for 40 years if they so chose but who face an uphill battle gaining residents' trust after a series of missteps.

"Those streets have been bad for years and nothing has changed," she said in her eastern New Orleans neighborhood, damaged in Hurricane Katrina, where she complained blighted homes and overgrown lots were inviting crime. "You're taking a chance every time you come out your door."

Like many New Orleans residents who doubted police involved in killing two civilians in the 2005 aftermath of Hurricane Katrina would ever be held accountable, McKenzie is heartened by guilty verdicts returned in the case earlier this month.

But relations between police and New Orleans residents, especially those in long-neglected crime-ridden neighborhoods, remain fraught, and the jury is still out on whether public confidence in the police will now improve.

It took a federal civil rights trial to bring justice for the pair who died, one a teenager, gunned down by police on New Orleans' Danziger Bridge days after the storm as police responded to a call about gunfire.

Travlyr
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
MSM infuriates me too! I am so tired of their wars, their cover-ups, and their lies.

Romulus
08-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah... "oopsie"

ClayTrainor
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
MSM is the bought and paid for voice of corporatism and the establishment. They are not in the business of telling you the truth. I try to avoid it these days, as watching it is bad for my stress levels. :o

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
MSM is the bought and paid for voice of corporatism and the establishment. They are not in the business of telling you the truth. I try to avoid it these days, as watching it is bad for my stress levels. :o
+a zillion

fisharmor
08-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, hey, as long as we're going over semantics:

It took a federal civil rights trial to bring justice for the pair who died...

...stopped short of calling them murder. The four officers convicted in the killing will be sentenced in December and could face life in prison.

So, it's not murder, it's a nebulous violation of civil rights, they haven't even been sentenced yet...
...And this is how they define justice????