PDA

View Full Version : Pinching Pennies For Paul

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I just thought I would share my idea to help us raise even more money to help Ron Paul win.

I think we can take measures to save money and then use that money to donate more than we already are. Like smokers can save money by either quitting or switching to roll-your-own cigarettes, pipe tobacco being by far the cheapest (im a smoker). Buy far less un-needed items. When we go grocery shopping buy the cheapest generic version of what we usually get, or even get a bunch of tuna, ramen noodles, etc to replace some of the expensive food we usually buy. Feel free to add in your own ideas. If we get enough people to do this we could really add some extra help to Ron and give an extra boost to the money bombs.

As someone suggested in another thread, we can even have yard sales and donate the money to the campaign.

Imagine if we could get a few thousand people to donate an extra $200-$500 a month by doing this?

Pennsylvania
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
For anybody in the mid-atlantic region, one thing to do is keep a "Delaware list" on your refrigerator. Basically this includes any items that you can do without for a while, then the next time you're in Delaware pick them all up in one fell swoop, sans sales-tax. This might seem obvious, but most people I know in PA don't bother to hold off on purchasing things here. (time-preference illustrated!)

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Bump

sabu140
08-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Great website by Clark Howard.

http://www.clarkhoward.com/topics/free_and_cheap/

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Awesome link. Thanks.

Ronpauljones
09-07-2011, 01:58 PM