PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani coming to my campus on Thursday

adpierce
11-03-2007, 09:52 PM
So, I go to Iowa State University. I was thinking it'd be fun to protest Giuliani when he comes to my campus. My campus has adopted the "free speech zone" idea so I probably can't even protest in front of the memorial union where giuliani is speaking due to the fact that it's not a free speech zone. However there are sidewalks near the road and Memorial Union which I think might be fine to protest at. Anyways is this a bad idea, should I have more class than this, or am I on the right track with this idea?

risiusj
11-03-2007, 09:53 PM
What day is he going to be in Ames?
Perhaps a good old fashioned Ron Paul sign-waving would be called for.

ladyliberty
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
yeah don't protest, infiltrate!!!

think Democratic Debates and how their meetup group infiltrated the Democrat sign wavers!!

adpierce
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
He'll be here on the 8th, that's this upcoming thursday.

mavtek
11-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Take a pen laser and shine it in his eyes when he speaks. Well call it free light, if they won't give us free speech.

adpierce
11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah don't protest, infiltrate!!!

think Democratic Debates and how their meetup group infiltrated the Democrat sign wavers!!

Eeeck, after that Florida state Kerry thing that happened I wouldn't probably try it, plus I know my campus has rules about how and where you can protest. Due to the supreme court's rulings on "free speech zones" they're perfectly entitled to dictate the manner in which people exercise their free speech rights despite the ISU campus being public property.

gornandez@yahoo.com
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
ask him about sep 12 :P

gornandez@yahoo.com
11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
ps... yeh you cant let him get away with defiling your campus..... just dont act like the 'dont tase me, bro' kid ;)

Lord Xar
11-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I would make SPECIAL flyers... that mentions ALL OF GUILUINIS shortcomings...

ie..

1. Santuary city
2. gay marriage
3. lack of illegal immigration control
4. CFR member (not sure about this)
5. His law business represent Cintra, the spanish company, that is building the Superhiway - precursor to the north american union
6. abortion

etc.. THERE IS SO MUCH.. ---> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3546.html

SO, I would make custom flyers - get them done nicely and circulate them... pass them out.

ALSO, have your Ron Paul material.. the true conservative.

ksuguy
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
This would be a good opportunity to pass out the slim jims to the crowd as they enter and leave.

American
11-03-2007, 10:05 PM

ie..

1. Santuary city
2. gay marriage
5. His law business represent Cintra, the spanish company, that is building the Superhiway - precursor to the north american union
6. abortion

etc.. THERE IS SO MUCH..

SO, I would make custom flyers - get them done nicely and circulate them... pass them out.

You can also add he is a lying piece of shit with his new radio ad in New Hampshire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/01/AR2007110101991.html

adpierce
11-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Aaah protesting Giuliani and promoting Ron Paul all at once, does it ever get any better than this? It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

ladyliberty
11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
This would be a good opportunity to pass out the slim jims to the crowd as they enter and leave.

yes this is what I had in mind

born2drv
11-03-2007, 10:15 PM

ie..

1. Santuary city
2. gay marriage
6. abortion

etc.. THERE IS SO MUCH.. ---> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3546.html

I agree this is a great idea.... or give them copies of the founding fathers flier and some slim jims... the FFF has some good material in there against Ghouliani

Man from La Mancha
11-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Please treat Giuliani with the respect Ron does. I can't stand him, but please take the upper road so it makes Ron look good.IMO

ladyliberty
11-03-2007, 10:16 PM

ie..

1. Santuary city
2. gay marriage
6. abortion

Why not make them in "slim jim style" with Ron Paul on one side and Guliani on the other???

Chester Copperpot
11-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Take a pen laser and shine it in his eyes when he speaks. Well call it free light, if they won't give us free speech.

Dude thats awesome!

We used to do that shit back in the 1980s... damn never thought about it for RUDEE!. hahaha

ladyliberty
11-03-2007, 10:17 PM
You could give them copies of the 911 Commission Report that Guliani never bothered to read....

Benaiah
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I'd pass out fliers or slim jims to everyone. Fliers that show Rudy as being pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, being married 4 times, being married to his second cousin ect... will probably be good.

Maybe you could chalk Ron Paul all over the sidewalks and ground the night before?

M.Bellmore
11-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I'd pass out fliers or slim jims to everyone. Fliers that show Rudy as being pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, being married 4 times, being married to his second cousin ect... will probably be good.

Maybe you could chalk Ron Paul all over the sidewalks and ground the night before?

I like the chalking idea. All the anti-Rudy stuff chalked, pro RP sign waving (no yelling rude stuff).

terlinguatx
11-03-2007, 10:35 PM

SeanEdwards
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
My suggestion is to wave a vote for Rudy sign while shouting "9/11 was an inside job".

walt
11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
My suggestion is to wave a Rudy Ghouliani sign while shouting "9/11 was an inside job".

now that rulz

adpierce
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
You people are all thinking that he's coming to a freaking conservative campus... sorry ISU is pretty liberal. More conservative than most campuses but definately liberal... the adultery thing is good, we should hit em with the 9/11 commission report stuff too, also his stances on Guantanamo and civil liberties are an absolute must to expose.

adpierce
11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
My suggestion is to wave a vote for Rudy sign while shouting "9/11 was an inside job".

I'm not a truther... sorry

itsnobody
11-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Organizwe thousands of Ron Paul supporters there

adpierce
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Organizwe thousands of Ron Paul supporters there

sorry for me to organize thousands of ron paul supporters to come would be to out do even our Ron Paul rally that was held on campus a couple weeks ago. Although if I could organize that many people to come... it would show that Ron Paul supporters hate Rudy more than they love Ron Paul... which might actually be true... I'm not sure.

richard1984
11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Bring garlic. Wear a cross. And maybe a vial of holy water.
I would say "don't forget the silver bullet," but I don't want to be accused of being a "homegrown terrorist."
I'm just trying to make some suggestions that may help protect you from evil bloodsuckers like Ghouliani.
I've heard rumors....
;)

:rolleyes:

SeanEdwards
11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not a truther... sorry

So? I'm not either. I just think Rudy deserves some truther supporters of his own. ;)

richard1984
11-03-2007, 11:07 PM
So? I'm not either. I just think Rudy deserves some truther supporters of his own. ;)

I second that. :D

The Only Woj
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
you should go and PRETEND to be a supporter. just listen to these people and see what makes them tick. See what Giuliani says. Maybe get lucky and ask him a question. See if he says anything absurd like the MOST IMPORTANT thing we need to be doing is training our military in nation building (which he said in the morning ABC debate over the summer).

protesting and sign waving are all fun and good. but you have to get inside these people's heads if you want to help them see the light ... and waving a sign isn't going to do that. it'll probably just strengthen their resistence to the truth.

Danny Molina
11-03-2007, 11:19 PM
deleted.

American
11-03-2007, 11:22 PM
For fucks sakes dont say anything about 911 was an inside job...unbelievable. if you do dont forget your tin foil hats and it better look good.

I would wear hitler uniforms and shout "Hail Rudy!"

adpierce
11-03-2007, 11:38 PM
For fucks sakes dont say anything about 911 was an inside job...unbelievable. if you do dont forget your tin foil hats and it better look good.

I would wear hitler uniforms and shout "Hail Rudy!"

Wow! Umm, the funny thing is ... some people would probably think we were actual neo-nazi Rudy supporters. Which honestly... Rudy is probably the closest thing to a fascist dictator we've ever had run for president.

James R
11-04-2007, 12:18 AM
So, I go to Iowa State University. I was thinking it'd be fun to protest Giuliani when he comes to my campus. My campus has adopted the "free speech zone" idea so I probably can't even protest in front of the memorial union where giuliani is speaking due to the fact that it's not a free speech zone. However there are sidewalks near the road and Memorial Union which I think might be fine to protest at. Anyways is this a bad idea, should I have more class than this, or am I on the right track with this idea?

The idea of a "free speech zone" is sound really offensive even if it is well meaning. Is it surrounded by a tall fence and topped with barbed wire?

Just stand quietly with a Ron Paul sign. Hopefully you can get a bunch of supporters.

Here are the facts you need to focus on:
1. The Ronald Reagan Quote (short version)
2. The VFW endorsement of Paul for his 2004 & 2006 congressional run (they do not endorse any presidential runs)
3. The fact that his military donations approximately match those of all the other candidates combined.

Let me know if you need help in getting the detail on these three facts.

EDIT: How about if you get two other people to hold up Ron Paul signs. Be sure you have plenty of Ron Paul literature to hand out.

So, here are your three signs:
Guy 1 holds up the Ronald Reagan quote
Guy 2 holds up the VFW endorsement quote
Guy 3 Holds up the military donations fact

Everyone there will likely read the signs and be very impressed. If you try to shout anything I'd bet you'll be kicked out.

EDIT 2: If you want to change a pro-war person's mind you pretty much lose all attention if you say the word "anti-war" or "protest". Words to use are: "for peace", "pro-peace", etc.