PDA

View Full Version : When will people be able to knock on doors?

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I remember in 2008 (far too late IMO) precinct leaders went door-to-door promoting Ron Paul. I was impressed by how successful it was on a county level, but there just weren't enough volunteers to go around. When will the campaign be focusing all its effort on getting out the vote?

O'Reilly is such a fucking clown. He's so full of shit you can smell the stink, but the truth is that a tireless minority can cut the MSM to shreds, if properly wielded. I think going door-to-door is the best way.

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
where are you located?

we started knocking on doors in NH back in july

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Maine. My point was that they started to promote it later on in 2008. They should be REALLY be promoting it now. All I see is a tiny "volunteer" tab on the campaign website, and I haven't seen many posts about it here in "grassroots central." My guess is the door-to-door crowd is very small and should be bigger.

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 10:32 AM
dude people have been coming down from maine to help in NH
i've been driving up from MA

check out:
http://www.facebook.com/RP2012ME
http://www.meetup.com/Maine-Ron-Paul-2012/

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm sure the opportunities are there, but how many know about it? My guess is not many. Do you think the campaign is promoting it as much as they can? I remember last campaign there were graphics on the website showing the progress. I'm not talking about myself, although I have to admit I did go door-to-up here in my district and Portland, but only after the campaign started to really emphasize it.

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
everyone in the ME meetup should be able to see that i suggest every major NH event

likewise, everyone who "likes" the fb page should see me spamming with NH events

well ron came to concord last week to "open" the NH HQ and 600+ people came to see him

andy stuck around for the the NHYR straw poll which we won commandingly

orenbus
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Only way we can win NH and I'm going to assume most other preliminary states is if we have this x1000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8R8CGUa8Ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGTwHvehP50

Some quotes from a dedicated member Operation Live Free or Die back in early December 2007:

we do not have near enough people yet, we do need A LOT MORE boots on the ground, please if u know someone that can take a week or two off work SEND THEM TO ME so i can get them up here.

right now we have about 40 people canvassing door to door SEVEN DAYS A WEEK not just on weekends... thats what OFLD is all about, getting people up here to help us... 40 people can not cover this state in the next month, we do have more coming, a lot more, i think 100 or so for sure are coming for the entire month and another 100 are coming for at least 2 weeks but thats not enough we need 1,000 people here canvassing 7 days a week

A thousand people was an estimate that I agreed with back then, but thinking now that most people can only really make it up there on weekends it's probably closer to at least 2000 or 3000. Without some strong and serious organization by either the official campaign to do this like starting now or from some major donor willing to sponsor activists to come from different parts of the country now not sure how this is possible, but it is serious work that needs to start happening soon. Grassroots needs to take this on if the official campaign can't or won't so someone will need to step up to the plate to keep NH in play, rest of you guys need to do something as well to help the early states out now. Don't get me wrong funding for commercials and media coverage is important but so is the physical boots on the ground work.

You would be surprised (or maybe not) at how many Americans are out of touch with primaries/caucuses even in states like New Hampshire and Iowa which are states with citizens that supposedly take elections more seriously. Most Americans just live there lives and unless someone literally knocks on their door to let them know what is going on they won't know what is possible and how we can change the country for the better. Don't let us repeat 2007 we need lots of people in the early states to combat Romney's money which you know he will be using to hire people, other candidates may go to the churches to look for volunteers like Huckabee did. We need to come up with actionable ideas to this challenge now instead of just assuming we will win states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9X5yWWlb2U
(Just showing this as an example of what needs to happen, this was a project in 2007-2008 and currently inactive, although I would like to see the official campaign lead an operation like this since it is so closely tied to canvassing, calls, etc. which the official campaign will be leading anyway in those states they can also hire people to help supplement the volunteers so that the numbers are there to make a difference. Otherwise someone in the grassroots needs to take this on to get the volunteers to where they need to be, 40 or 100 people per state is not enough.)

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
well ron came to concord last week to "open" the NH HQ and 600+ people came to see him

I know. I was there. Look, I'm glad the grassroots are working tirelessly, but it's not enough by itself. The officially campaign has most resources and know-how to get volunteers. They should be talking about how counties with precinct leaders have FAR greater poll numbers than those without. They should have a great big BECOME A PRECINCT CAPTAIN! button on the front page.

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I would like to see the official campaign lead an operation like this since it is so closely tied to canvassing, calls, etc.

This.

AFTFNJ
08-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Here on the east coast we should check in with our Meetup groups & organize a trip to NH where we pick a date well in advance so we can take the maxium amount of people @lest for the weekend or take firday off so for 3 days. Also we need to plan with someone in NH so we dont hit the same houses. I remember last time I spoke the lady in the video she was organizing in NH I forgot her name Berry something???

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Here on the east coast we should check in with our Meetup groups & organize a trip to NH where we pick a date well in advance so we can take the maxium amount of people @lest for the weekend or take firday off so for 3 days. Also we need to plan with someone in NH so we dont hit the same houses. I remember last time I spoke the lady in the video she was organizing in NH I forgot her name Berry something???
look into liberty HQ vans leaving from nyc

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I wish there was a site or page strickly devoted to canvassing, organized by state.

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
We need to start using our state sections of this forum

Napolitanic Wars
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
We need to start using our state sections of this forum

It's not about those on this forum. It's about recruiting others!

muzzled dogg
08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
My post was directed at eric

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
We win the other states by coming in the top 3 in Iowa, and by winning Nevada and NH. These 3 victories will be done by the "Phone From Home" program.

Freedom of Speech
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I remember in 2008 (far too late IMO) precinct leaders went door-to-door promoting Ron Paul. I was impressed by how successful it was on a county level, but there just weren't enough volunteers to go around. When will the campaign be focusing all its effort on getting out the vote?

O'Reilly is such a fucking clown. He's so full of shit you can smell the stink, but the truth is that a tireless minority can cut the MSM to shreds, if properly wielded. I think going door-to-door is the best way.

Yep, what the campaign needs is a VOLUNTEER BOMB. All these moneybombs are fine and dandy, but GETTING OUT THE VOTE and Bringing in new supporters is what is going to make or break it for Ron Paul.

Perhaps turn a moneybomb into a Moneybomb/Volunteerbomb.

Look how close the Iowa straw poll was, and we have to ask ourselves did WE as a group do everything we could, or did we spend more time scouring the internets for articles, polls, videos, etc to post here.

The media are going to bring out the vote for all of the other candidates like Romney, Bachmann, Perry because they'll be talked about the most.

gerryb
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
We win the other states by coming in the top 3 in Iowa, and by winning Nevada and NH. These 3 victories will be done by the "Phone From Home" program.

We need folks in each state to be starting their own organizations, and collecting their own canvassing data. America is not just 3 states. Winning is not defined as just the presidential election.

gerryb
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
In response to the OP.

Get out there!

Call your local county GOP and get your precinct data. Watch some Campaign for Liberty training videos on canvassing, or take a course via Leadership Institute, and get out there! Recruit others along the way.