PDA

View Full Version : [Alleged] Ron Paul supporters leave nasty voicemails at PPP

PBrady
08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Bravo, you idiots. :mad:

Going to have to turn off my cell from angry Paul supporters calling me at 10 PM. Not the way to get what you want from us/probably anyone

Voicemail from Ron Paul supporter: 'do you include Herman Cain because you're from Raleigh and he's black?' http://tinyurl.com/3clp2w4

Also in that voice mail from a Ron Paul supporter: "I hope you get hit by the hurricane' http://tinyurl.com/3clp2w4

Another Paul supporter voice mail...'you are a bunch of morons...your company sucks' http://tinyurl.com/3g9n9kj

http://api.twitter.com/#!/ppppolls

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
So I guess if I call and claim to be a Cain supporter and leave them a nasty voicemail they will twit about it?

ItsTime
08-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Proof they are Ron Paul supporters?

Bruno
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM
So I guess if I call and claim to be a Cain supporter and leave them a nasty voicemail they will twit about it?

Worth a try! ;)

low preference guy
08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Bravo, you idiots. :mad:

http://api.twitter.com/#!/ppppolls

you're jumping to conclusions. there have been people pretending to be Paul supporters and acting like asses for some time already.

PBrady
08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Proof they are Ron Paul supporters? Go out to any RP event, and see a bunch of idiots saying/doing the same thing. For a group of people who complain about others a lot, not many people here do a lot of introspection.

low preference guy
08-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Proof they are Ron Paul supporters? Go out to any RP event, and see a bunch of idiots saying/doing the same thing. For a group of people who complain about others a lot, not many people here do a lot of introspection.

stop calling people idiots at random without having any proof they did anything wrong. please do some introspection and realize you're acting like a (dumb) kid.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 08:23 AM

I've been to a great many RP events and never seen anything like that. What was the last event you went to where you saw idiots doing/saying these things?

johnrocks
08-24-2011, 08:24 AM
No proof they are RP supporters but also why we need to stay on our best behavior, anything they can use against us,they will.

PBrady
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Every single one. From the rally in front of the capitol a few years ago, to people yelling "war criminal" at CPAC, yelling in the middle of nationally televised debates...I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend. On our YAL page, I asked several adults who are barely even from our area to stop posting things that have a conspiracy tilt to them. They said ok, and then continued to do it. When we had to delete their posts many times over, one of my officers finally banned them. Then came the fake accounts/other RP supporters they "alarmed" to this "tyranny" who started bitching and moaning even more. And these are all verifiable Ron Paul supporters...not to mention ones from just the Raleigh area. There is literally zero evidence to believe that this was some sort of set up.

The fact people first try to blame others rather than looking inward to the movement is shocking to me.

Tunink
08-24-2011, 08:30 AM
jmo, but I can totally understand how some of these people feel, and why they are doing it. There's nothing wrong with being passionate, and yes, it's probably not the best idea to call like that, but Ron Paul, has totally gotten the bone from the polls, even though his support is so strong out there.

I believe the polls are skewed in the negative of Paul. My reasoning behind this is, in an interview, a member of the MSM stated that part of the reason why the MSM ignores Paul is because they are afraid they will basically be shut out of Washington DC, they are heavily invested in relationships, money, and time to get in roads into DC, and a Paul presidency will chance all of that. If the MSM is so heavily invested in DC, wouldn't you think the polling companies that are employed by the MSM have a stake in it as well?

ItsTime
08-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Every single one. From the rally in front of the capitol a few years ago, to people yelling "war criminal" at CPAC, yelling in the middle of nationally televised debates...I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend. On our YAL page, I asked several adults who are barely even from our area to stop posting things that have a conspiracy tilt to them. They said ok, and then continued to do it. When we had to delete their posts many times over, one of my officers finally banned them. Then came the fake accounts/other RP supporters they "alarmed" to this "tyranny" who started bitching and moaning even more. And these are all verifiable Ron Paul supporters...not to mention ones from the Raleigh area. There is literally zero evidence to believe that this was some sort of set up.

The fact people first try to blame others rather than looking inward to the movement is shocking to me.

And you have proof these people were Ron Paul supporters? Because I see ZERO EVIDENCE that it was Ron Paul supporters.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 08:32 AM

No, blaming RP supporters collectively for the actions of a select few is even more shocking. THe ones in my area are all professional and well behaved.

TheState
08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Every single one. From the rally in front of the capitol a few years ago, to people yelling "war criminal" at CPAC, yelling in the middle of nationally televised debates...I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend. On our YAL page, I asked several adults who are barely even from our area to stop posting things that have a conspiracy tilt to them. They said ok, and then continued to do it. When we had to delete their posts many times over, one of my officers finally banned them. Then came the fake accounts/other RP supporters they "alarmed" to this "tyranny" who started bitching and moaning even more. And these are all verifiable Ron Paul supporters...not to mention ones from just the Raleigh area. There is literally zero evidence to believe that this was some sort of set up.

+rep

low preference guy
08-24-2011, 08:35 AM

i blame whoever is guilty. to establish who is guilty proof is needed. you can't say that because some day, at some event, some RP supporter said something bad then anything bad anyone says in RP's name is coming from a supporter.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 08:44 AM
There's a whole 75+ post thread on the PPP poll on Daily Paul and the phone number is posted.

Call his mailbox (http://www.dailypaul.com/175957/ron-paul-left-out-of-public-policy-polling-august-23rd-national-president-poll#comment-1848394) Submitted byXXXXXXXXX on Tue, 08/23/2011 - 22:11.

1-888-621-6988 Tom is #2. I simly asked why he excluded Paul and suggested he leave out Bachamann or Cain in the next poll and see how many emails and phone calls he got asking why he excluded them.
I think they would clearly see our grassroots support for Paul by a simple poll or non poll.

It goes on and on.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 09:14 AM
*crickets*

What happened to all the Proofers?

MRoCkEd
08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
There's a whole 75+ post thread on the PPP poll on Daily Paul and the phone number is posted.

It goes on and on.
Ouch...

Austin
08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Sounds Ron Paul supporters to me...

wannaberocker
08-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Sadly iv seen Ron Paul supporters saying similar things at RP events. A good idea would be for the sane RP supporters to reject these actions. But the responce from most is "Prove they are RP supporters"? lol. There is a reason RP supporters have the worst rep out there.

belian78
08-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Wtf don't they moderate over there at dailypaul?

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I've been to a great many RP events and never seen anything like that. What was the last event you went to where you saw idiots doing/saying these things?

Same here. It's totally overblown. Ron Paul's raucous, enthusiastic supporters are a huge plus, and anyone who criticizes his supporters is probably duped by the media spin.

No proof they are RP supporters but also why we need to stay on our best behavior, anything they can use against us,they will.

They'll do what they did to try and sink Rand and pay people to act foolish, racist and belligerent in order to sandbag the campaign. They'll try every dirty trick to keep Ron Paul out of office.

There is a reason RP supporters have the worst rep out there.

Yeah, it's because of the media and the government's steady, never-ending narrative of lies about Ron Paul, the tea party and basically anyone who challenges the status quo. It's unfortunate that some people even at the Ron Paul Forums are still suckered by it.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 09:36 AM

3 Submitted byXXXXXXXXX on Tue, 08/23/2011 - 22:11.

1-888-621-6988 Tom is #2. I simly asked why he excluded Paul and suggested he leave out Bachamann or Cain in the next poll and see how many emails and phone calls he got asking why he excluded them.

It goes on and on.

*crickets*
What happened to all the Proofers?

That doesn't sound like a nasty voicemail to me.

Bossobass
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM

^^THIS^^

I've been all over the country and have met what I consider to be the average RP supporter, which is the most diverse group I've met of any candidate. They are truly what I would call conservative, intelligent, courteous and friendly.

I've also met the most radical RP supporters. These folks are only radical in that they're generally young and don't dress or groom to fit the stock R pinup model. They are still intelligent and courteous.

What all of them have in common is that they're PISSED OFF at the establishment political cabal that is the Republican Party which has overspent, engaged in fear mongering, supported illegal wars, bailed out criminal financial institutions, voted for bills that promote corporate monoplies by destroying the nation's largest employer, small business, etc., etc.

I'm sick of hearing about how badly RP supporters act, how stupid they are, how they should act, who is and is not allowed to support RP, blah, blah.

I'm particularly fed up with seeing that BS here, coming from supposed RP supporters who fashion themselves as some sort of silly politically correct, politically savvy police force.

Bosso

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM

We should just sit on our hands as our candidate is smeared viciously. After all, the government does tell us we need more 'civility' in our political discourse.

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 09:39 AM

It's on the front page of the Daily Paul. Look at the comments. There are a lot of angry people there.

http://www.dailypaul.com/175957/ron-paul-left-out-of-public-policy-polling-august-23rd-national-president-poll

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm sick of hearing about how badly RP supporters act, how stupid they are, how they should act, who is and is not allowed to support RP, blah, blah.

I'm particularly fed up with seeing that BS here, coming from supposed RP supporters who fashion themselves as some sort of silly politically correct, politically savvy police force.

PPP releases about 8 polls a month. Having those polls showing Ron Paul against Obama will be huge for us.

Since they are a private company and can do what they want, we can either piss them off and give them reasons to not include RP or we can leave them alone and hope that they decide to eventually include RP.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 09:48 AM

I posted that so you all could see that they had the phone number. Why all the paranoia? Just deal with the reality that this happened just as the OP said.

One Last Battle!
08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
They said they are Ron Paul supporters. We have no particular reason to believe that they aren't Ron Paul supporters. They are probably Ron Paul supporters. Occam's razor.

There might be supporters of other candidates faking it, but really, why would they? They don't see us as a threat, so if they were going to fake this sort of thing they would go after Romney or Perry.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I posted that so you all could see that they had the phone number. Why all the paranoia? Just deal with the reality that this happened just as the OP said.

I don't think anybody said it didn't happen. the question is, who exactly is calling? and what is the ratio of "nasty" to "polite"?

TexMac
08-24-2011, 10:13 AM
I think the more important question is why does any RP supporter think this is a constructive activity. We don't gain anything by giving that poll guy ammo to post on twitter.

I think a lot of RP people are too wrapped up in an underdog mentality. They need to start acting like they support a top tier campaign.

RabbitMan
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I haven't been to a lot of Ron Paul supporter events, but the ones I HAVE been to, I have met people who would fit this description. I'm sick and tired of people trying to spin every single bit of negative press we get. "That couldn't be us! I would never act like that!" Grow up, there ARE over passionate douches in our ranks, and I say that in the most loving manner.

Bossobass
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
PPP releases about 8 polls a month. Having those polls showing Ron Paul against Obama will be huge for us.

Since they are a private company and can do what they want, we can either piss them off and give them reasons to not include RP or we can leave them alone and hope that they decide to eventually include RP.

Right.

If any political polling entity in this country chooses to exclude Ron Paul from it's data because 6 people who claim to be supporters "piss them off", then that entity is irrelevant and their data is laughably flawed.

Bosso

speciallyblend
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't leave a message like that but what do they expect? They should be lucky they do not smell tar or see pitchforks for what they are doing, ignoring Ron paul and using slanted polls!!

Anti Federalist
08-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Nothing new, Bosso.

Every time somebody farts sideways around this operation, there will be a contingent of people who will start running around with their hair on fire:

OH NOES!!! OMFG!! You ruined it for everybody!!!

People are pissed, and rightly so.

Frankly, I think it speaks volumes about how civil and controlled we are, that this sort of thing doesn't happen hundreds of times every day.

^^THIS^^

I've been all over the country and have met what I consider to be the average RP supporter, which is the most diverse group I've met of any candidate. They are truly what I would call conservative, intelligent, courteous and friendly.

I've also met the most radical RP supporters. These folks are only radical in that they're generally young and don't dress or groom to fit the stock R pinup model. They are still intelligent and courteous.

What all of them have in common is that they're PISSED OFF at the establishment political cabal that is the Republican Party which has overspent, engaged in fear mongering, supported illegal wars, bailed out criminal financial institutions, voted for bills that promote corporate monoplies by destroying the nation's largest employer, small business, etc., etc.

Bosso

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Right.

If any political polling entity in this country chooses to exclude Ron Paul from it's data because 6 people who claim to be supporters "piss them off", then that entity is irrelevant and their data is laughably flawed.

Bosso

Since they didn't poll Ron Paul against Obama, you believe their data is flawed? Do you believe their data showing Ron Paul at 16% in Iowa?

ronpaulhawaii
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I suspect we have a bit of both, and I suspect all other campaigns suffer a bit of both. I think RPs campaign is unique that the establishment can't credibly attack RP, so have to resort to attacking us. This seems another non-story that is simply hyping the overall "why he isn't covered" narrative to counter the Jon Stewart piece.

That said, we have reports of Mitt supporters quitting local groups because of plans to do just what people are suggesting is part of the problem, the heckler at CPAC was a confirmed non-RP supporter, and the supporters of others at the debate were much ruder than the RP supporters were.

What we all need to keep in mind is that this tactic of the enemy is out there. It can be effective if we let it, and fail to attempt to turn it in our favor when it rears.

I can't blame the outraged who have yet to find effective vents for their anger. I can only hope they see that others are effectively channeling their outrage and want to do everything necessary to win. . For me this means things like shaving, wearing dorky clothes, biting my tongue, etc.

Right place, right time, and all that...

jonhowe
08-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Ron Paul supporters have never done anything like this before, I don't know what you're talking about!

Oh wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL864vbZTdY

This is not an issue of "did they deserve it" (Hannity sure did), or "is it a big deal". It's a matter of not giving our enemies ammunition to use against Dr. Paul. The media is against us, the establishment is against us, we don't need to fuel the fire. We need to win on principle, not lose due to childishness like this.

Seriously folks, are we in this to win this time, or are we just screwing around?

moostraks
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Nothing new, Bosso.

Every time somebody farts sideways around this operation, there will be a contingent of people who will start running around with their hair on fire:

OH NOES!!! OMFG!! You ruined it for everybody!!!

People are pissed, and rightly so.

Frankly, I think it speaks volumes about how civil and controlled we are, that this sort of thing doesn't happen hundreds of times every day.

Ironic thing is that some here think a few rowdy folks are the REASON the press is bad or he is ignored. Then we are told to dress properly and speak softly and maybe we will get some good press. BAH!!! The entities drawing the ire of certain supporters are finding an excuse after the fact. I swear it is no wonder twitter is popular, people have the attention span and memory of a 12 week old lab puppy nowadays...

moostraks
08-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Ron Paul supporters have never done anything like this before, I don't know what you're talking about!

Oh wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL864vbZTdY

This is not an issue of "did they deserve it" (Hannity sure did), or "is it a big deal". It's a matter of not giving our enemies ammunition to use against Dr. Paul. The media is against us, the establishment is against us, we don't need to fuel the fire. We need to win on principle, not lose due to childishness like this.

Seriously folks, are we in this to win this time, or are we just screwing around?

should have done a count down for this to be brought up...so that is how long ago now???

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Ironic thing is that some here think a few rowdy folks are the REASON the press is bad or he is ignored. Then we are told to dress properly and speak softly and maybe we will get some good press. BAH!!! The entities drawing the ire of certain supporters are finding an excuse after the fact. I swear it is no wonder twitter is popular, people have the attention span and memory of a 12 week old lab puppy nowadays...

PPP has stated for many months that they only include their top 5 national candidates in their head to head polls against Obama. This has been known for MONTHS.

PPP releases their poll without Ron Paul head to head against Obama and everyone at the Daily Paul freaks out and encourages others to contact PPP.

Why are we pissing off a private company for doing what they said they were going to do? If Ron Paul gets top 5 in their polls AND they leave him off, then there's reason to point out their inconsistencies.

dannno
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
There might be supporters of other candidates faking it, but really, why would they? They don't see us as a threat, so if they were going to fake this sort of thing they would go after Romney or Perry.

The establishment sees us as a threat.. they don't see Romney or Perry as a threat to anything.

moostraks
08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
PPP has stated for many months that they only include their top 5 national candidates in their head to head polls against Obama. This has been known for MONTHS.

PPP releases their poll without Ron Paul head to head against Obama and everyone at the Daily Paul freaks out and encourages others to contact PPP.

Why are we pissing off a private company for doing what they said they were going to do? If Ron Paul gets top 5 in their polls AND they leave him off, then there's reason to point out their inconsistencies.

Individuals are entitled to their right to contact a private company especially if they feel truth in advertising seems to be lacking. Would I have gotten Irish on them, probably not. Do I think that a private company is susceptible to corruption? Definitely. Is this a reason for someone to act like the sky is falling and that rp supporters are ruining things...no,imo.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't leave a message like that but what do they expect? They should be lucky they do not smell tar or see pitchforks for what they are doing, ignoring Ron paul and using slanted polls!!

I agree. Thing is though, that Ron Paul is trying to win an election and elections are largely won based on people's perceptions. So, unless these people reaming PPP believe that they are going to get PPP to change their actions, all they are doing is creating negative press for Ron Paul.

Perceptions are everything.

speciallyblend
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree. Thing is though, that Ron Paul is trying to win an election and elections are largely won based on people's perceptions. So, unless these people reaming PPP believe that they are going to get PPP to change their actions, all they are doing is creating negative press for Ron Paul.

Perceptions are everything.

I agree, trust me i bite my tongue all the time;)

Cowlesy
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyone who doesn't think we have a few supporters that would stupid stuff like that, haven't been on the forum or dailypaul very much.

Yes, like most of you, the ones I meet in person are good natured, friendly and enthusiastic. The ones that get really nasty, I doubt most of us ever see at events, because they're still in the spare bedroom or basement posting garbage or calling people.

People who call guys like Jensen or other pollsters aren't doing it to help the campaign, they're just doing it to make themselves feel better.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
People who call guys like Jensen or other pollsters aren't doing it to help the campaign, they're just doing it to make themselves feel better.

That's exactly how I see it. If our goal is to help the campaign by getting Ron Paul included in PPP's polls, then we aren't helping. There's probably nothing we can do to get him included in polls but there are things we can do to get him excluded.

dannno
08-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Would I have gotten Irish on them, probably not.

lol, I've never heard that before.. I don't even think I know what it means exactly.

moostraks
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
lol, I've never heard that before.. I don't even think I know what it means exactly.

:D think swearing sailor mad

davidhperry
08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Here's an idea: why don't we ban the practice of posting people's personal contact info on the forums? If people want to call and flame the main number for a company, then they can do whatever they want. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a free country. However, it's not a good idea to take someone's personal phone number, email or home address and post it on a public forum in an effort to whip people into a frenzy so that they call and leave angry messages on there people's personal phones. Isn't that just common sense? If the shoe was on the other foot, would you like it?

And, no, we don't need any proof that Ron Paul has some crazy supporters. A few of them are just batshit insane! It's ok, we can admit it. Many of us have met them. If you haven't met them, then you will. And yes, we're not the only campaign with crazies. I know, I know. In light of that, we need to keep these wild cannons from going off, and posting personal info is one of the things that sets them off. So let's stop doing it.

Some people say: "I'm only posting their info so that we can collectively call/email and set the record straight. Be nice!" Yeah, those are some good intentions, but like I said in my point above, the immature people in the group sieze that, make a bunch of nasty calls, and end up spoiling the whole thing. These people are making us look bad. Me. You. Ron Paul. Everyone. At this point, that PPP employee thinks that that behavior represents the majority of how Ron Paul supporters act. This is damaging, people. We have to not let the handful of babies dictate how the media and everyone views us.

Besides, why are people calling PRIVATE BUSINESSES and DEMANDING that they do this, or not do that? What gives them the right to expect someone to do that?!?! I have news for them, polling companies are private, they can ask whatever questions they want in their polls. Media companies are private, they can broadcast whatever they want over their TV and radio networks. Honestly, I expect better from people who say that they support Ron Paul! We can vehemently disagree with whomever, but it's not a license to act like dipshits.

So, are we ready to ban personal info, or not?

Bossobass
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Since they didn't poll Ron Paul against Obama, you believe their data is flawed? Do you believe their data showing Ron Paul at 16% in Iowa?

Try to get off your high horse and pay attention. If they exclude RP because a few people "pissed them off", they are irrelevant, IMO and at the very least they are far, far less than HUGE.

If you believe you have a secret key to the WH for RP, you should stop trying to herd cats, block cointelpro and scold misbehaved folk and ask for a job at one of the campaign HQs.

This whole pile o crap reminds me of the last go-'round when at every rally I attended folks admonished me to "try to get the campaign to get RP on Glenn Beck because it would be HUGE for 'us' ".

We all know how that one turned out.

Man, do you (or, does anyone) actually think Ron would sit 3rd nationally in actual real polls today if it weren't for the outrageous efforts of a vocal minority of sign wavers, sign makers, cross country trekkers, groups who shouted down Giulianni, Romney-bots and neo-cons at the debates, crashed servers, flooded e-mail boxes, shouted "End The Fed" in front of the Fed branches, etc., last time around?

If that sort of thing ain't your cup o tea, that's perfectly fine. Stay home and write apologetic e-mails to PPP. But please stop telling those who have a different motivation or preference they are "idiots" or condoning it when others do.

Bosso

jonhowe
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Bossobass, are you seriously implying that this helps us in some way?

Mind = blown

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Aww, did he wet his pants from a few angwy phone calls? Because a few calls represents an entire base, obviously.

Media: You suck
Handful of Ron Paul supporters (whether fake or not): No, you suck!
Media: -type type type- The Ron Paul supporters just said we suck!

Anti Federalist
08-24-2011, 01:57 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bossobass again.

Try to get off your high horse and pay attention. If they exclude RP because a few people "pissed them off", they are irrelevant, IMO and at the very least they are far, far less than HUGE.

If you believe you have a secret key to the WH for RP, you should stop trying to herd cats, block cointelpro and scold misbehaved folk and ask for a job at one of the campaign HQs.

This whole pile o crap reminds me of the last go-'round when at every rally I attended folks admonished me to "try to get the campaign to get RP on Glenn Beck because it would be HUGE for 'us' ".

We all know how that one turned out.

Man, do you (or, does anyone) actually think Ron would sit 3rd nationally in actual real polls today if it weren't for the outrageous efforts of a vocal minority of sign wavers, sign makers, cross country trekkers, groups who shouted down Giulianni, Romney-bots and neo-cons at the debates, crashed servers, flooded e-mail boxes, shouted "End The Fed" in front of the Fed branches, etc., last time around?

If that sort of thing ain't your cup o tea, that's perfectly fine. Stay home and write apologetic e-mails to PPP. But please stop telling those who have a different motivation or preference they are "idiots" or condoning it when others do.

Bosso

tsai3904
08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
@Bosso

They didn't exclude Ron Paul because a few people pissed them off. They've been excluding him for months and have explained many times why he's left off the general election polls.

It's funny how you hate it when others tell people what to do or what not to do yet you're doing the exact same thing. Everyone is free to do as they please. I've never told anyone not to call or email PPP. All I've been saying is that if we want PPP to include RP in future polls, then we aren't helping by leaving angry voice mails. I've stated an opinion that can be debated. I don't understand your anger at people stating their opinions yet you feel free to voice yours.

Jeremy
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Chances are it's NOT a conspiracy. Chances are they ARE Ron Paul supporters. Haven't you guys seen some of these supporters? They are nuts.

One Last Battle!
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
The establishment sees us as a threat.. they don't see Romney or Perry as a threat to anything.

The establishment isn't a monolithic organization that is out to thwart us. The guys who support Perry are not faceless goons who's primary motive for existing is to prop up the statist quo and stop Ron Paul. Lets be realistic here; we aren't viewed as the giant threat to the statists because they don't really think we can win, and they have enough internal disagreements to make it so that we can win so long as they are divided.

The election is not a parade of candidates being brought out for the sole purpose of hurting Ron; most of them will only hurt the previous month's candidate, which is good for us. The "establishment" Republicans are, for sure, looking for a better establishment candidate since Romney is unreliable and weak, but they aren't in agreement on, well, anything. If they were, they would uniformly support one candidate who would proceed to be painted "FRONTRUNNER" and win every race. As it is, they are divided and don't take us seriously, which is just great for us. If we win, then they will demonstrate that they have more loyalty to their party than their fellow statists in the Democratic party and will back Ron anyway. All we need to do is spread the meme of Ron Paul's electability over the early states and win at least one of them, whereupon the sudden boost in attention will make victory much easier.

Anyway, my point is that there might very well be false flag attacks for the purposes of discrediting us. However, we need to actually prove that they are responsible for them, whereupon we can take advantage of the situation like we did with the blackout. Simply making wild claims that the stupid supporters are actually a conspiracy by the establishment to discredit us only makes us look immature, like asking Ron Paul about aliens.

specialkornflake
08-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't worry about this stuff this time around because I'm more interested in the philosophy of liberty than any other factor. At a RP meeting early in the 2008 campaign an older guy handed my friend some stormfront information. Soon, the old guy got the picture that noone was interested. But, these people are around and will continue to come around. Some people even say that RP is giving libertarianism a bad name because he isn't an ancap and on-the-surface supports closed borders, etc. We're a much bigger group this time around and I've got other stuff I'd rather worry about.

MelissaCato
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I dunno, but the last nasty phone call I made was to a Capt. Tim Hull about the MIAC report. I hope he gave Linda that pay raise or he's about due for a followup call. (lol) That Linda deserved a pay raise after all our calls to confirm that MIAC Report. Bless her heart.

Mr. Smith
08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
What would Ron Paul do?

Aratus
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
^ i feel he'd do his damndest to place top three in the perry,georgia fish fry gop straw
poll on the 27th, but then again, we and he are doing our darndest & damndest now!!! ^

Mr. Smith
08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it's good that we (Ron Paul) supporters aren't all the same. I think our diversity is one of our major strengths.
So maybe we need some real slick guys that can spew out Constitutional law and economic history and feel comfortable in a 3 piece suit. I can see where some loud mouth 'muscle' type folks might come in handy too. I'm pretty sure the powers that be and both political parties are going to try and get us infighting like they are trying to do with the TEA party (and the public at large). All I'm saying is don't worry about anyone hurting our 'image'. We all know why we're here.

TheDrakeMan
08-24-2011, 07:20 PM

I agree with what you're saying. But the "war criminal" person was an Anarchist not associated with Ron Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM

It goes on and on.

WTF Daily Paul? Why would they do that to the good doctor?

As for "proof", it isn't needed to convict in peoples' minds, especially when there is a clear pattern of rude Ron Paul supporters dating back to 2007. This isn't a court of law.

Also the idea that it isn't a Paul supporter, and it's a troll trying to make a candidate look bad, who then picked the third place (or whatever) candidate in which to target? Laughable spin. Right up there with those "Giuliani joe-jobbing Ron Paul!" accusations in 2007, when some idiot Paul supporter tried to promote him through a real spam e-mail campaign.

TheDrakeMan
08-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, PPP has been very nice to Ron Paul supporters. Remember all the times they polled Rand's race when we asked them? They may be liberals, but they were pretty friendly to us.

CaptainAmerica
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
The only reason I knew about these phone calls is because of this thread. Seriously.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-24-2011, 07:42 PM
The only reason I knew about these phone calls is because of this thread. Seriously.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptainAmerica again.

low preference guy
08-24-2011, 07:45 PM

those PPP guys are just losers begging for attention.

Agorism
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I liked it when the guy yelled that at Cheney.

Cheney looked startled.

mport1
08-24-2011, 08:28 PM

Ron Paul supporters acting like idiots? What a surprise. The conspiracy nuts and rude/angry guys just won't stop. Let's not have a repeat of last campaign.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
The conspiracy nuts and rude/angry guys just won't stop.

Pardon me?

ronpaulitician
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't doubt that most of these negative comments do indeed come from people who support Ron Paul.

It's impossible to control these individuals, so don't even bother trying. All you can do is try to set a good example.

Nothing is accomplished with negative over-the-top feedback. The person you're yelling at isn't going to change their ways just because you can yell really, really loudly. And innocent bystanders that hear you yell will associate the Ron Paul brand with a negative image. There's nothing wrong with constructive feedback. Changing the mind of the person you're commenting to is not a likely to happen, but you will at least leave a positive image in the minds of the bystanders.

If you need to vent, vent to your fellow supporters.

TexanRudeBoy
08-24-2011, 08:46 PM

Go to any event, for any reason, with any group of people present, and this sect will reveal themselves. They exist EVERYWHERE.

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Ron Paul supporters acting like idiots? What a surprise. The conspiracy nuts and rude/angry guys just won't stop. Let's not have a repeat of last campaign.

'Conspiracy nuts' (like those crazy people who want to end the Federal Reserve) are Ron Paul's largest, most devoted base. I understand that many of you would like this to be a traditional campaign and you would like to receive a pat on the head from the establishment for being so well-behaved, but I'm glad it isn't. Thank God devoted supporters aren't sitting on their hands kissing the ass of those who are out to get Ron Paul like many here would like it.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-24-2011, 08:55 PM
'Conspiracy nuts' are Ron Paul's largest, most devoted base.

You're not helping with that defense.

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
You're not helping.

It's a good thing that I do not care whether a forum poster thinks I am 'helping' or not.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-24-2011, 08:58 PM
It's a good thing that I do not care whether a forum poster thinks I am 'helping' or not.

It's a good thing most Americans actively reject the Alex Jones crowd.

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 09:00 PM
It's a good thing most Americans actively reject the Alex Jones crowd.

It's a good thing if you don't want Ron Paul to succeed, I guess.

Jones is more popular than ever FYI.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Pardon me?The angry guys need to drink more fluoride!

mport1
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM
'Conspiracy nuts' (like those crazy people who want to end the Federal Reserve) are Ron Paul's largest, most devoted base. I understand that many of you would like this to be a traditional campaign and you would like to receive a pat on the head from the establishment for being so well-behaved, but I'm glad it isn't. Thank God devoted supporters aren't sitting on their hands kissing the ass of those who are out to get Ron Paul like many here would like it.

What do conspiracies have to do with ending the Fed? I'm talking about the types that are rabid Alex Jones fans, blindly following much of what he says, and then spreading this stuff and tying it indirectly or directly to Ron Paul. I've been to Ron Paul meetup events where people have been passing out Loose Change DVDs with Ron Paul shirts on and have been told by many people that Ron Paul is a truther.

I can care less if you are into these conspiracies, but I have a major problems when it is in any way connect to the Ron Paul campaign. I'm a radical anarchist but I do not go around to non-RP supporters promoting anarchy side by side with the campaign.

bolidew
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds Ron Paul supporters to me...

It doesn't matter as long as not someone from the campaign.

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 09:43 PM
What do conspiracies have to do with ending the Fed?

Anyone who calls for an end to the Federal Reserve is labeled by the media as a conspiracy theorist.

I can care less if you are into these conspiracies, but I have a major problems when it is in any way connect to the Ron Paul campaign. I'm a radical anarchist but I do not go around to non-RP supporters promoting anarchy side by side with the campaign.

Fair enough.