PDA

View Full Version : Dick Morris and Bill O'reilly to discuss Ron Paul's media coverage tonight

Join The Paul Side
08-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Early this morning I saw a commercial for the O'reilly Factor. It went something like this:

Announcer: "Ron Paul complains about lack of media coverage, yet he refused to be interviewed on the Factor. Why? Dick Morris will be here to examine this with Bill O'rielly tonight at 8, blah blah blah....."

I smell a hit piece coming tonight. Did the campaign really decline to have Dr. Paul on the Factor? :confused:

Agorism
08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
They'll have the new PPP result to gloat about too.

Seems like the planned it that way.

kromix
08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
It's true, its on the front page of The Factor..

OF COURSE with a GOP Poll right under it excluding Ron Paul ... The "No Spin" Poll LOL!

http://i.imgur.com/T7f6T.png

**Source: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html

Dr.3D
08-24-2011, 07:54 AM
So far, it's a one sided story. To get both sides of the story, one would need to contact the campaign.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
So is O'Reilly changing his mind and deciding he does in fact want a history lesson?

bluesc
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I really think they should have sent Ron on the show. If the campaign actually did ignore an invite onto the show, that's gonna leave them open to attack Ron with absolute lies, and they will be free to throw the PPP poll out there too, forgetting to mention the countless recent polls showing Ron as a frontrunner.

I don't know what's going on recently, but something isn't right.

AdamT
08-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Two of my fav vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZj4Wy58Pk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frM-GPAjzDY

Travlyr
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
It's true, its on the front page of The Factor..

OF COURSE with a GOP Poll right under it excluding Ron Paul ... The "No Spin" Poll LOL!

http://i.imgur.com/T7f6T.png

**Source: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html

Laugh Out Loud at Bill O'Reilly's spinning "No Spin Poll"

On the front page today, August 24, 2011? Seriously? Lulz...

Ron Paul is running for President of the united States of America on the GOP ticket, Bill. Ron Paul announced his candidacy way back in May. Here is a Fox News article on it: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/13/ron-paul-officially-announces-2012-presidential-bid/ That was back when CNN had Huckabee in first place.
According to a recent CNN poll, Paul was ranking somewhere in the middle of a vast GOP field that had former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in first place.

He has a website where you can learn more.
RonPaul2012.com

CaptUSA
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM
There's going to be a lot of damage done tonight. The establishment is pulling out all the stops.

Folks, be very careful about your phrasing when sending in e-mails to O'Reilly. Don't get nasty. You know he's going to pick the easiest ones to refute to show on the air the follwing night. If he can show how "out-of-touch" Paul's supporters are, he'll get a double dose of a hit piece out of one segment.

We know the damage is coming. Let's not add to it.

LisaNY
08-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm glad Ron declined to walk into an ambush attack and get screamed at and called nasty names by that blowhard O'Reilly. If you think that poor excuse for an interviewer has any objective other than to completely trash and ridicule Ron you need to pay better attention. I love it, as of today Bill O'Reilly is no loner a "factor". F u Bill!

CaptUSA
08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Perhaps it would be wise to test out some responses to O'Reilly's hit piece here before we send them in. How's this?

"Bill, I understand that you and Morris, and everyone else in the media don't think Paul has a chance, but We The People disagree. His poll numbers are always more favorable than his press."

ItsTime
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Should be fair and balanced! Two people, who hate Ron Paul, will be disusing how they think he can not win.

Bruno
08-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Maybe they will discuss how when the talk about presidential candidates, they go through a list the rarely includes his name?

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Maybe they will discuss how when the talk about presidential candidates, they go through a list the rarely includes his name?

It would be epic of the campaign put up an ad during his show, with the clip of "we don't need a history lesson" from the last interview. :)

neocontroll
08-24-2011, 08:38 AM

Ya you gotta love that. Michele Bachmann is elevated because of her ability to mobilize grassroots activists. Ron Paul is marginalized because his ability to mobilize grassroots activists.

It's an insane level of cognitive dissonance.

HeyArchie
08-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Should be fair and balanced! Two people, who hate Ron Paul, will be disusing how they think he can not win.
Yeah this is bad news. They will go down the line of things that the average GOP voter disagrees with Paul on.

1. Foreign policy
2. Leaving drug legislature to the states
3. Leaving gay marriage up to the states

The stuff that most members of the GOP can agree on (monetary policy, especially) will most likely be excluded from the "interview" between O'Reilly and Morris. If someone who is on the fence about Ron (or someone who has never heard of him) tunes in tonight to The Factor, we will lose some votes. I think the campaign is gonna be in damage control mode following this, honestly. I hope it isn't too bad.

I'm not trying to be negative, but it really is bad news.

bluesc
08-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm glad Ron declined to walk into an ambush attack and get screamed at and called nasty names by that blowhard O'Reilly. If you think that poor excuse for an interviewer has any objective other than to completely trash and ridicule Ron you need to pay better attention. I love it, as of today Bill O'Reilly is no loner a "factor". F u Bill!

Ron can handle them. Personally I think it's much better if there is someone there to counter the lies Bill puts out there.

Now we leave these two psychos to ridicule Ron freely in front of a huge national audience. No doubt they will bring up Iran.

CaptUSA
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm not trying to be negative, but it really is bad news.

Yeah, I agree. Which is why we should be developing a defense against this.

reduen
08-24-2011, 08:44 AM
I would not watch this if you paid me... Already having blood pressure problems...

Restore-America-NOW
Uh oh. Bad move by the campaign declining to appear on the factor, I'd love to see him school Billy O.

Canderson
bye-bye Jon Stewert bump and the 4 neocon votes Ive been working on for months.

Bruno
08-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Let's hope there is still time for the campaign to get him on, or at another date.

There is no interviewer I feel Ron could not handle, given his recent performances.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Uh oh. Bad move by the campaign declining to appear on the factor, I'd love to see him school Billy O.

How do you school somebody when they have mute buttons and editing control of the interview prior to airing?

Bruno
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
bye-bye Jon Stewert bump and the 4 neocon votes Ive been working on for months.

So you are really going to lose people's votes because he won't go on a single interview? That is pathetic of those individuals if that would lose their support. There are dozens of reasons not to support the other candidates.

Canderson
08-24-2011, 08:54 AM
So you are really going to lose people's votes because he won't go on a single interview? That is pathetic of those individuals if that would lose their support. There are dozens of reasons not to support the other candidates.

Every day republican voters accept the 'electability' argument, and Bill O'reilly has huge viewership, I just hope they won't all be watching. This is going to make us look like total hypocrites and well lose votes that we won because the media blackout. For some reason mainstream republicans love a victim, look at Palin and Bachmann complaining about the msm, or Gingrich at the debate. Were going to lose the most important part of the Jon Stewert bump crowd, the republican ones.

NYgs23
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Don't worry. Maybe another earthquake will cause this to be cancelled like Ron Paul's two interviews were cancelled yesterday.

bluesc
08-24-2011, 09:03 AM

That, and the fact that Bill will have all that time to attack Ron without someone defending him.

Unfortunately, many voters can be swayed with things like this. We should all know how much support something like this can destroy.

If you want evidence of how easily the people can be swayed by these types, try to understand how Perry can have the highest favorable ratings in Iowa, and how he is polling 1st there, without saying a word.

orenbus
08-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I was just reading an interesting article from back in June regarding some ratings and even though the source PoliticsUSA is liberal leaning it was still fun to read:

Jon Stewart’s Ratings Are Now Higher Than All Of Fox News

Only The O’Reilly Factor (2.8 million) drew more total viewers than The Daily Show (2.3 million).

This is why Fox News both hates and fears Jon Stewart. Not only is he more popular than they are, but he devotes much of his program to exposing the biased reporting of FNC. Even worse, Stewart is teaching his younger audience what Fox News is all about. Stewart doesn’t exclusively take on Fox News. His problem is with television news in general, but since Fox is the biggest offender, they get most of his attention.

Jon Stewart is the biggest threat to Fox News’ future out there. He is literally teaching his audience, which is bigger than FNC’s, how to see through the partisan propaganda that Rupert Murdoch has based his network on. Stewart is educating an entire generation of viewers on how to watch cable news, or more specifically how not to watch Fox News.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/jon-stewart-fox-ratings

What are the chances O'Reilly and the producers saw Jon Stewart's piece on Ron Paul and has seen it as enough of a direct challenge to their ratings (their money) that Ron Paul has now found himself in the middle of a tug of war between Stewart and O'Reilly? Bah a little far fetched for my taste, O'Reilly is obviously doing this for money and boost ratings for his show, no other reason to do it other than maybe coming to the defense of Fox News so they don't look like fools for excluding him in future reports i.e. CYA (cover your ass). I would think this is more about direct money and viewership than political conspiracy and in that sense this might have some weight. But then again Fox News does seem to push a political agenda that is more aligned with the candidates they want to be front runners and if they start to see Ron Paul as a threat to their money, hmmm....

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I do know New Yorkers do some crazy things when their money is threatened.

This would be an example though somewhat of what the article is talking about, PA event over the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uVhdm1z95s

The funniest part is at 8:15

"I don't trust the media."

"You don't trust the media?"

"I get my news from Comedy Central and I get my comedy from Fox."

Rocket80
08-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I have no problem with them declining this interview, for what it's worth. Honestly I hope he gets asked about it on other Fox shows.

Join The Paul Side
08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Just saw the commercial again. They are hyping tonight's show up. They really want O'reilly's viewers to tune in to what he and Morris have to say about Dr. Paul. :eek:

JamesButabi
08-24-2011, 09:43 AM
The campaign should have sent Tom Woods :p

SWW
08-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Announcer: "Ron Paul complains about lack of media coverage, yet he refused to be interviewed on the Factor. Why?..."
...I smell a hit piece coming tonight. Did the campaign really decline to have Dr. Paul on the Factor? :confused:

Could be as simple as a schedule conflict...

PastaRocket848
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
it's just a cable hit piece. the first of many. it's an unfortunate byproduct of campaign success. people who watch o'reilly are not the type we need to be chasing anyway. if ron's going to win anything, it's going to be on the back of young people and independents, not duped neo-conservative old people.

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
fuck those scumbags. they are fascist assholes who would've pledged loyalty to england during the revolutionary war. we need judge to march into this so called interview and put them in their place. no one on fox defends ron better than judge.

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 09:47 AM
neocons are worse than liberals. and just as stubborn. part of me fears we have to wait for them to die off before the liberty wing of our party can grow into their place

Canderson
08-24-2011, 09:49 AM
I felt like we were actually gaining respectability among the mainstream, but I think this is going to be problematic

NewRightLibertarian
08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Fuck em. What kind of asshole is going to care about O'Reilly and Dick Morris' opinion on Ron Paul anyway? Maybe a million or two who hate Paul anyway because of his anti-war views get their attitudes toward him reinforced. Big deal. Less and less people are taking these media clowns seriously these days.

CaptUSA
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
fuck those scumbags. they are fascist assholes who would've pledged loyalty to england during the revolutionary war. we need judge to march into this so called interview and put them in their place. no one on fox defends ron better than judge.

Yeah, I agree with this. The problem is that O is not going to try to argue Ron Paul with the Judge, because he'd come off looking foolish. Everytime the Judge has been on O'Reilly, O'Reilly loses credibility with his faithful.

Join The Paul Side
08-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Could be as simple as a schedule conflict...

That could be so. But leave it to Fox and their whores O'reilly and Morris to spin it in an unfavorable way to Dr. Paul.

Carole
08-24-2011, 09:58 AM
O'Reilly would not allow Ron Paul to complete one sentence if RP went on his show. He would be like Laura Ingrahm and all over RP tyring to reach that coveted "period" at the end of his sentence.

dusman
it's just a cable hit piece. the first of many. it's an unfortunate byproduct of campaign success. people who watch o'reilly are not the type we need to be chasing anyway. if ron's going to win anything, it's going to be on the back of young people and independents, not duped neo-conservative old people.

Yep, our potential base outnumbers neocons 20-to-1.. it's about getting out the vote!

Travlyr
I felt like we were actually gaining respectability among the mainstream, but I think this is going to be problematic
I don't see it as a respectability issue or a problem. MSM have been lying to the people for a very long time. For example, in the 30's their campaign against God's gift to man, the most green plant known on Earth (industrial hemp), was successful. Now their lies are regularly being exposed by the free market competition. Mainstream media is losing their monopoly. It sucks to be them right now, so they try harder to convince people that they are a credible source of information and it is all for naught.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I fail to see what good an O'Reilly appearance would have. All he does is shout over people, might as well put a cardboard cut out of Ron Paul as a stand in for him.

dusman
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't see it as a respectability issue or a problem. MSM have been lying to the people for a very long time. For example, in the 30's their campaign against God's gift to man, the most green plant known on Earth (industrial hemp), was successful. Now their lies are regularly being exposed by the free market competition. Mainstream media is losing their monopoly. It sucks to be them right now, so they try harder to convince people that they are a credible source of information and it is all for naught.

Completely agree. Its trending that way for them on ALL fronts. Actually pretty exciting to keep track of and watch as they scramble for an answer to alternative media on the internet.

angelatc
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Sure, but this isn't about O"Reilly. If the campaign's fundraising strategy is designed to cash in on the assertion that they can't get invited to appear on any news shows, (and recently it seems that it is), they really shouldn't be surprised when the media calls them on it.

Romulus
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I fail to see what good an O'Reilly appearance would have. All he does is shout over people, might as well put a cardboard cut out of Ron Paul as a stand in for him.

this

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Hopefully the campaign has a statement ready to fire off preemptively. It would help take the wind out of Oreilly's sails. If the reason they cancelled was because of the earthquake, a press release should state that.

angelatc
08-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I fail to see what good an O'Reilly appearance would have. All he does is shout over people, might as well put a cardboard cut out of Ron Paul as a stand in for him. O'Reilly is by far the most watched show of that type in the country. If you don't see what good an appearance there does, then I'm speechless.

orenbus
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
O'Reilly is by far the most watched show of that type in the country. If you don't see what good an appearance there does, then I'm speechless.

I don't think he's arguing the amount of viewers and exposure, but more in terms of presentation and fairness of the format.

How can a statesman have a fair debate that can potentially become a good appearance, against a performer that is pushing a political agenda to increase ratings of his show and pushing that political agenda to further increase his pay. Someone that cares more about the ratings than the issues?

He's a commentator not a reporter, in other words he's a performer or an actor and will do whatever it takes to make more money even if it means sacrificing ethical behavior that others would consider obscene.

belian78
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
O'Reilly is by far the most watched show of that type in the country. If you don't see what good an appearance there does, then I'm speechless.
Come on Angela, you have to admit that if Ron went on with Oreily it would have been a complete shit show. His viewers would not have came away with any different of an opinion of Ron from what they have now, and it would have possibly even garnered some interview footage that could be creatively edited to discredit Ron further.

Oddone
08-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Looks like Ron Paul will be on with Lou Dobbs instead of on being attacked and screamed at by O'reily.

belian78
08-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Looks like Ron Paul will be on with Lou Dobbs instead of on being attacked and screamed at by O'reily.
Which is a good move IMO

WilliamC
08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow, now we are arguing about too much media success.

I mean wow.

We've come a long way folks, and I for one and content to leave the media strategy to Ron Paul and his campaign.

To any and all who think they can improve it well please by all means try and do so, but I'm liking what I see these days, and just because Ron Paul puts off O'Rudely for now doesn't mean he can't go on later when it is more advantageous for him.

A good strategy may not mean jumping at every offer of air time.

The Free Hornet
08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
O'Reily is a Redcoat, Britsh Loyalist scum.

Props to

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I think you greatly overstate O'Reilly's importance. It will be a mine field of Iran, Iran, Iran, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke! The appearance would not help us one bit, and would probably hurt us more than anything.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Come on Angela, you have to admit that if Ron went on with Oreily it would have been a complete shit show. His viewers would not have came away with any different of an opinion of Ron from what they have now, and it would have possibly even garnered some interview footage that could be creatively edited to discredit Ron further.

You give Oreilly way too much credit.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I think you greatly overstate O'Reilly's importance. It will be a mine field of Iran, Iran, Iran, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke! The appearance would not help us one bit, and would probably hurt us more than anything.

Oreilly isn't stupid. Inviting Ron on and then atttacking him will only provoke the likes of Jon Stewart to respond. However, if Ron doesn't have a good explanation i.e. a press release, or some venue to explain his decision not to go on Oreilly, then he's on his own.

It will be interesting to see how the campaign, who has been riding the "media ignores Ron" wagon, handles this.

V3n
08-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds like he got a better offer. Can't be in two places at once, sorry Bill'O.

Mikeforpaul
08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Maybe the grassroots could preemptively create a two or three minute video similar to the daily show video exposing bill using clips from the last interview and other things he's said over the years? We could easily spread that at the same time people would be researching ron because of this piece.

LawnWake
08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Like any of you wouldn't be scared to enter the No Spin Zone. I'm happy he's not going on the show, actually. Not many ever got out of there and lived to tell about it.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Oreilly isn't stupid. Inviting Ron on and then atttacking him will only provoke the likes of Jon Stewart to respond. However, if Ron doesn't have a good explanation i.e. a press release, or some venue to explain his decision not to go on Oreilly, then he's on his own.

It will be interesting to see how the campaign, who has been riding the "media ignores Ron" wagon, handles this.
O'Reilly isn't very bright or well-read either, he's beyond reasoning with. His "interviews" are nothing but tirades.

We've seen it before. O'Reilly won't even allow Ron to finish a sentence. O'Reilly and the rest of the die hard interventionists think history started on 2001 or maybe 1979. They talk over Ron when he brings up our CIA involvement in 1953. Can you honestly say this won us votes in the GOP primary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Maybe the grassroots could preemptively create a two or three minute video similar to the daily show video exposing bill using clips from the last interview and other things he's said over the years? We could easily spread that at the same time people would be researching ron because of this piece.

I nominate you to head it up! do it do it do it do it!

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:03 AM
O'Reilly isn't very bright or well-read either, he's beyond reasoning with. His "interviews" are nothing but tirades.

We've seen it before. O'Reilly won't even allow Ron to finish a sentence. O'Reilly and the rest of the die hard interventionists think history started on 2001 or maybe 1979. They talk over Ron when he brings up our CIA involvement in 1953. Can you honestly say this won us votes in the GOP primary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

Times have changed since that interview. Ron has garnered much more interest and respect. Oreilly would be a fool to invite him on and then attack him. HOWEVER....Ron is fair game if he was invited and then didn't show up, and doesn't explain it. I don't care if his reason is because he doesn't like Oreilly's interviewing style, he has the right to snubb whomever he wants. I just want to hear him say it, especially in light of the fact that Oreilly's doing a segment on it.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Like any of you wouldn't be scared to enter the No Spin Zone. I'm happy he's not going on the show, actually. Not many ever got out of there and lived to tell about it.
It's not about being "scared". There's no substantive debate to be had. Plus we're doing well without appearing on there so why go? I'd rather see Ron on sunday morning shows without a time sensitive format where he can express his ideas. One of the first rules of warfare is to choose the terrain where you pick your battles.

Oddone
08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Times have changed since that interview. Ron has garnered much more interest and respect. Oreilly would be a fool to invite him on and then attack him. HOWEVER....Ron is fair game if he was invited and then didn't show up, and doesn't explain it. I don't care if his reason is because he doesn't like Oreilly's interviewing style, he has the right to snubb whomever he wants. I just want to hear him say it, especially in light of the fact that Oreilly's doing a segment on it.

Times or not O'reilly hasn't changed.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM

Dr. Paul has proven he isn't scared of hostile formats; perhaps to his detriment. What is now proving is he isn't into wasting his time with people not interested in history lessons.

Romulus
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Why would anyone want to even legitimize that show? Bill's just pissed 'cause Ron blew him off, and he should. BO is irrelevant and should be treated as such. No neocon viewers are going to magically converted by going on that show... lets get real.

And doesn't anyone thing Ron should go on Rachael Maddow? We learned that lesson from Rand already, not to go on these partisan hit piece traps.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I bet you would've advised Rand to continue booking the Rachel Maddow show during his campaign. We can do without these distraction-laced, gotcha-type interviews. Yes Maddow crowed and harped on Rand not coming on her show, but so what.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Times or not O'reilly hasn't changed.

It really doesn't matter if he's changed or not. As I've already stated, I'd rather see Ron go on his show, but it's his choice as to whom he snubbs. The problem is that Oreilly will eventually accuse him of "hiding under his desk" and that will not bode well for Ron, when you consider Oreilly's viewership. Which is why, given that Ron has complained about being ignored, he will need to explain his decision. I would like to see him do it BEFORE Oreilly's show airs tonight. It might aid in throwing a stick in Oreilly's spokes.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
I bet you would've advised Rand to continue booking the Rachel Maddow show during his campaign. We can do without these distraction-laced, gotcha-type interviews. Yes Maddow crowed and harped on Rand not coming on her show, but so what.

She's a liberal. Not our target market at the moment.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Why would anyone want to even legitimize that show? Bill's just pissed 'cause Ron blew him off, and he should. BO is irrelevant and should be treated as such. No neocon viewers are going to magically converted by going on that show... lets get real.

And doesn't anyone thing Ron should go on Rachael Maddow? We learned that lesson from Rand already, not to go on these partisan hit piece traps.

Before I got perma-banned for defending Ron Paul, I was an avid and established poster on Oreilly's forums. I watched his show for almost 10 years before I came to my senses. Do not underestimate his audience. I am still friends with posters on his forum. There were and are many supporters there.

Edit: I was banned for viciously attacking someone who said very rude things about Ron. I've since learned not to be so mean....sort of....

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
She's a liberal. Not our target market at the moment.
So is O'Reilly.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:29 AM
So is O'Reilly.

Say wut?

VIDEODROME
08-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Ron Paul should snub O'reilly by going on one of the competing networks for an interview.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Say wut?

He is a liberal, he supports a liberal foreign policy, a big federal government, a pervasive police state, taxes?
What is he conservative about?

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 11:59 AM
He is a liberal, he supports a liberal foreign policy, a big federal government, a pervasive police state, taxes?

Seems more of a neocon to me. But he is considered conservative and sees himself as a traditionalist. LOL.

http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/bill-oreilly

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Seems more of a neocon to me. But he is considered conservative and sees himself as a traditionalist. LOL.

http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/bill-oreilly

So you agree, he isn't a conservative, and "traditionalist" is just a way for him to avoid admitting he is a liberal.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
So you agree, he isn't a conservative, and "traditionalist" is just a way for him to avoid admitting he is a liberal.

I agree he is no conservative. But a liberal? ehhhhhh.....nahhhhhh.....neocon!

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
^^^
This

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree he is no conservative. But a liberal? ehhhhhh.....nahhhhhh.....neocon!

And neocons are just liberals that switched parties because they didn't think the democrats were war-mongering enough!

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
neoconservative:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
neoconservative:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Neoconservatism

Uhm, that link backs up exactly what I said:

A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. Many neocons had been liberals in their youth and admired President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 2010 the highest priority of the neoconservatives is to increase military action by the United States in the Middle East and Afghanistan, and to expand it to an American confrontation against Iran; in 2011 their goals include supporting a military attack on Libya, continuing the Afghanistan War indefinitely, and even suggesting military action against Syria.

Neoconservatives tend to oppose the appointment of social conservatives to high governmental positions, such as nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court. Neoconservatives support candidates who are liberal on social issues instead.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Uhm, that link backs up exactly what I said:

It also describes what you said about Oreilly here:

A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism......

Romulus
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Before I got perma-banned for defending Ron Paul, I was an avid and established poster on Oreilly's forums. I watched his show for almost 10 years before I came to my senses. Do not underestimate his audience. I am still friends with posters on his forum. There were and are many supporters there.

Edit: I was banned for viciously attacking someone who said very rude things about Ron. I've since learned not to be so mean....sort of....

Yeah, many years ago I liked his show too. But it wasn't watching his show that woke me up! It was moving away from that nonsense and realizing the Iraq war was just wrong. And a LOT has changed since then. If you aren't awake by now... and are still watching that boob, I would have serious doubts they are going to be enlightened from BO verbally abusing RP during an interview.

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
It also describes what you said about Oreilly here:

Right but the root is, they are just liberals that want more war. So at their root, they are liberals. Thus, O'Reilly is a liberal.

Duckman
08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll pile on this thread, why not.

Ron should go on the show that has the highest number of potential Republican primary voters watching it, and that is definitely the O'Reilly Factor. We all agree that Bill-O is hostile interviewer who likes to cut people off and talk over his guests, but IMO it would have been preferable for Ron to go on his show and at least try to engage Bill-O in a talk about the thorny issues (even with Bill-O shouting over him) than for Bill-O and that scumbag Dick Morris to sit around and mutually agree that Ron is wrong and has no balls for refusing to come on O'Reilly's show.

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Whoever decided to ignore the invite should be fired. On the other hand, can we even confirm that there was an invite?

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Right but the root is, they are just liberals that want more war. So at their root, they are liberals. Thus, O'Reilly is a liberal.

I take it you would like the term "neocon" removed from the lexicon?

Romulus
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM

pretend Conservatives get soooo ticked when you explain to them they are really liberals. LOL!

Romulus
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM

PotaTO, PoTATo.

They're all statists anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Deborah K
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
PotaTO, PoTATo.

They're all statists anyway, so it doesn't matter.

tru dat

specsaregood
08-24-2011, 12:26 PM

Sure, it was just made up to confuse conservatives; it seems to have worked.
War-loving liberal would have been more appropriate.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Bill O'reilly was trying to set up the campaign to fail by putting the campaign into a lose-lose situation. After the way he treated Ron last time in the above video, why would the campaign want to put Ron back on that show again? It would be nothing more than BO trying to corner Ron on drugs and Iran or Ron would simply be shouted down since BO's not a fair interviewer. BO's producers know this and were trying to force the campaign into a corner; either go on our show and get beat up, or we'll beat you up for refusing to go on our show. They are working against us as usual. Not much can be done about it but the fact that RP is going on Lou Dobbs should say something about this.

This is such a transparent ploy by the BO team that it amazes me how many people here have bought into it. Don't fall for the media's tricks and divide/conquer strategy!

JoshS
08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
It's not an O'Reilly strategy, RP should've simply went on the show. BO can't touch RP in any kind of debate so all it would've done is further magnified Bill's arrogance and amateur interview style. No harm done to the campaign.

But since he didn't go on the show, votes are lost and they can sit there going back and forth on why Ron Paul is unelectable and how his policies are out-of-touch with no one there to back up RP.

matt0611
08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
It's not an O'Reilly strategy, RP should've simply went on the show. BO can't touch RP in any kind of debate so all it would've done is further magnified Bill's arrogance and amateur interview style. No harm done to the campaign.

But since he didn't go on the show, votes are lost and they can sit there going back and forth on why Ron Paul is unelectable and how his policies are out-of-touch with no one there to back up RP.

Yup, BO sucks, but Ron owns him and makes him look like a fool every time he goes on. Ron should have went IMO.

Article V
08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
bye-bye Jon Stewert bump and the 4 neocon votes Ive been working on for months.Have them watch the Lou Dobbs interview tonight at 7PM (and 11PM) on Fox Business.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 01:51 PM

Yup, BO sucks, but Ron owns him and makes him look like a fool every time he goes on. Ron should have went IMO.

If BO was a fair interviewer then maybe. But he's not, and he won't do anything but make RP look bad, so it's best not to even be in the vicinity.

LawnWake
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Dr. Paul has proven he isn't scared of hostile formats; perhaps to his detriment. What is now proving is he isn't into wasting his time with people not interested in history lessons.

It's not about being "scared". There's no substantive debate to be had. Plus we're doing well without appearing on there so why go? I'd rather see Ron on sunday morning shows without a time sensitive format where he can express his ideas. One of the first rules of warfare is to choose the terrain where you pick your battles.

Dude, no one other than O'Reilly himself could possibly say 'no spin zone' with a straight face. I was being sarcastic. <.<

bunklocoempire
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
So is O'Reilly changing his mind and deciding he does in fact want a history lesson?

Lol! We wish huh?

+ rep for your memory.

Bunkloco

JohnGalt23g
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
I've put some thought into this, and I've figured out what my recommendation to the campaign would be.

Go to O'Reilly's people and say: Look, we've had some rough experiences with Bill in the live format in the past, where we, and a lot of other people thought Bill came off as rude. So here's what we'll agree to...

Bill and Ron sit down, one on one, for as long as long as you like. Everything is on the table, no question out of bounds. O'Reilly agrees to give sufficient time to answer any question before asking followups. Producer gets the final edit, but entire unedited interview goes up on billoreilly.com, and gets shared with the campaign.

Does that sound fair to everyone involved?

blocks
08-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I loathe Dick Morris. He is the lowest of the low. Shill sleaze-bag peddling books published by a subsidiary of News Corp.

NaturalMystic
08-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Have a sit down debate/chat, and have judge nap moderate. Then let the horse's ass disrespect the good doc. You cant fix our problems with gotcha questions and sound bytes, but many fall for it

Article V
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I've put some thought into this, and I've figured out what my recommendation to the campaign would be.

Go to O'Reilly's people and say: Look, we've had some rough experiences with Bill in the live format in the past, where we, and a lot of other people thought Bill came off as rude. So here's what we'll agree to...

Bill and Ron sit down, one on one, for as long as long as you like. Everything is on the table, no question out of bounds. O'Reilly agrees to give sufficient time to answer any question before asking followups. Producer gets the final edit, but entire unedited interview goes up on billoreilly.com, and gets shared with the campaign.

Does that sound fair to everyone involved?Bingo!

AdamT
08-24-2011, 05:18 PM

Does that sound fair to everyone involved?

+rep. Too bad ole BO would never agree to that, since RP might actually have a chance of looking good on his show.

Justinfrom1776
08-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic, I think Bill is going to lightly back-peddle on his disregarding of Ron. Why would he be wanting to have him on if Ron "had no chance" or why would he want to devote an entire segment of his show to Ron? Billdo sees the polls and is going to try to do a little damage control.. I hope.

RonPaulFever
08-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Billdo sees the polls and is going to try to do a little damage

fixed :)

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 05:25 PM
O'Reily is a Redcoat, Britsh Loyalist scum.

Props to

thanks. i like that. maybe we can start calling neocons redcoats haha

Oddone
08-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Because Bill O'Reilly does nothing but smear journalism. When was the last time you saw true "Fair and Balanced" reports from him much less give his guest a chance to talk. He attacks anyone who has an opposite view, gives no one a chance to anwser or make a point. He doesn't just do this to Ron Paul, that is O'reillys modus operandi.

NaturalMystic
08-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Bait and switch

nbhadja
08-24-2011, 05:38 PM
At first I was mad about them turning it down, but now I think it's smart. This is a media hit job by Bill and if Ron is not there it will be less popular. Had Ron been there I can bet you that fox, yahoo.com, msn.com etc would have all had a front page headline "Bill spars with Ron Paul on his extremist isolationalist views, pro hooker policies, and his pro-Iranian World War 3 stance". But now that Ron is not on it, there is a limit on what random MSM companies can cover on a regular old Bill O Reilly show.

Viewers won't click on a article about Bill bashing Ron Paul, but they will click on a article about Bill bashing Ron Paul during an interview.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 05:40 PM

It's not an intelligent debate though, there's little to no discussion. Ron would be the foil. We have to be smarter than this, just like Rand's campaign was after the Maddow attack and bringing up Civil Rights legislation 50 years ago.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 05:42 PM
http://display.cuddlycomments.com/5/66524e2d21cf1d8aa.jpg

NickOdell
08-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Does anyone have a link to a live stream so those without tv can watch it? I want to hear what they say. :p

kahless
08-24-2011, 06:03 PM
So far no mention of Ron Paul on lead in. Mentioned about breaking format for Hurricane coverage.

purplechoe
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Does anyone have a link to a live stream so those without tv can watch it? I want to hear what they say. :p

http://justin.tv/pepperman2

orenbus
08-24-2011, 06:08 PM

http://www.justin.tv/pepperman2#/

Oddone
08-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Interesting... Not even a mention of Dick Morris. Hell he is having Lou Dobbs on to talk about Welfare.

orenbus
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Interesting... Not even a mention of Dick Morris. Hell he is having Lou Dobbs on to talk about Welfare.

It's possible the execs overrided him since Ron Paul will be on other Fox shows this week, who knows. That's a lot of build up though with those ads the last 24 hours just to ignore the promo spots.

NickOdell
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
http://justin.tv/pepperman2

http://www.justin.tv/pepperman2#/

Thanks guys.

NickOdell
08-24-2011, 06:15 PM
It's possible the execs overrided him since Ron Paul will be on other Fox shows this week, who knows. That's a lot of build up though with those ads the last 24 hours just to ignore the promo spots.

He even said, just a minute ago, that he would be having Dick Morris on to talk about x, y, z but never mentioned Ron Paul. Could be a good sign?

orenbus
08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Nope wishful thinking, Dick Morris up next and they are going to talk about Ron Paul.

kahless
Ron Paul discussion is up next after the break.

YumYum
Toe Sucker Morris is about to talk about Ron.

TexMac
Here it comes....why is RP dodging the factor? Cut to commercial

Bruno
08-24-2011, 06:19 PM
If he calls him a pinhead...

Romulus
08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
update?

anaconda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-XN5kuoKE

Pizzo
Wow @ most of the comments on the chat for that justin.tv feed. Also, I noticed they censor Ron Paul's name. Shows up as *** ****.

Bruno
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Now give Paul his "due", Bill!

anaconda
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAFb97L3KU

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
3 person race hahaha

TexMac
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
They're talking about the polls and Perry. OK, now he says Ron won't face him. Called him a whiner

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
o my gosh. i cant listen to this bullshit. ron paul didnt say anything about the cable ignoring him

TexMac
08-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Dick Morris saying Ron can't answer question. Iran, gold standard....blah blah

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 06:25 PM
unelectable bullshit. like i said . fuckem

Romulus
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Sounds like some bullshit - Ron should have went on instead of that Lou Dobbs crap..

Jeremy Tyler
Yeah this pure hit piece and morris is either purposely distorting or doesn't understand gold standard.

TexMac
They agree that if RP is nominated, Obama would win.

Bruno
Lol, they show a clip from 2001! These two are idiots!

"Ron Paul buckles under questions". "He was whining to Megan Fox". What B.S.!

Johnnybags
Just trying to get the old coots scared and onto Romney. Lying about national polls. So contrived.

Justinfrom1776
08-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic, I think Bill is going to lightly back-peddle on his disregarding of Ron. Why would he be wanting to have him on if Ron "had no chance" or why would he want to devote an entire segment of his show to Ron? Billdo sees the polls and is going to try to do a little damage control.. I hope.

I was wrong!

TexMac
OK, they both don't like Ron. Yawn.

It's over.

bluesc
Can't fucking watch it. Tried to mute it and record it, couldn't look at the assholes face.

"He can't answer questions, he's avoiding us blah blah" So predictable. And now this great man explains Ron's positions when he doesn't even understand them.

KramerDSP
Whatever.

The trend is going Ron's way.

MJU1983
I like that Dick Morris and Bill O'Reilly ignorantly pointed out "flaws" in Ron Paul...now he can refute them one-by-one if/when he comes on the show.

Bruno
Hope Dennis backs him up

kahless
08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
I agree. This is a good setup for Ron to come on and refute those points.

ApathyCuredRP
08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
LOL!!! They showed the other candiates versus Obama... but not Ron Paul who is 1% off and better than all others

yatez112
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
When someone gets the tube, check the LACK of Ron Paul vs. Obama (Rasmussen results) that they show for Perry, Bachmann, Romney.

:mad:

badger4RP
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
conveniently leaving out Paul vs Obama... i hate them so much

PeteinLA
08-24-2011, 06:30 PM
It really wasn't that big of a deal. The promo was worse then the actual segment. Meh, who cares at least Bill got Morris to come clean on pushing Cain or Santorum.

bamafanmco
08-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I was wrong!

Dead Wrong

RileyE104
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I want to see that interview from October 24, 2001.

BTW, this hit piece pissed me off but it's different this time. I don't care what they say now. It only shows how desperate they are to discredit Paul, which is a sign that we are winning.

AmberH
O Reilly just needs a good “loofah” and “felafel” session to calm down. Where and the hell is all this anger towards Ron coming from?

KramerDSP
Use this video to recruit more Blue Republicans.

When Maddow or Matthews bash RP, use their videos to recruit neo-cons who distrust MSNBC.

Rinse and Repeat.

Epic
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
1. They said only Romney and Perry could beat Obama... but Paul did 7 points better than Romney, and also better than Perry, in the recent Rasmussen numbers.

2. They said Ron Paul is for a gold standard, when he is for competing currencies.

3. They inaccurately stated that a gold standard limits economic growth. They think economy grows as much as money supply grows.

4. They said that Romney, Perry, and Bachmann are the top 3, when they had just posted a gallup poll that shows ron paul in 3rd! They don't believe their own polls.

Romulus
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't worry... like these clowns have any credibility.

bamafanmco
08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
I wish Dick Morris would give us a speech on economics and the unsustainability of a dollar backed by gold. How prices can never go down. And if consumer goods got cheaper in relation to gold the entire US economy would screech to a halt as opposed to the current flourishing economy.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
This is good material for our YouTube wizards. Show oreilly and morris yucking it up and juxtapose that with facts.

tangent4ronpaul
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't worry... like these clowns have any credibility.

naw - just 3 million sheeple viewers

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 06:39 PM
they can both go straight to hell

ItsTime
08-24-2011, 06:43 PM
This is good material for our YouTube wizards. Show oreilly and morris yucking it up and juxtapose that with facts.

Bingo. Lets get to it!

Lafayette
08-24-2011, 06:43 PM

This

MJU1983
08-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I tweeted Dick Morris, http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/106526752603521024

Bruno
08-24-2011, 06:47 PM

+ rep

samforpaul
08-24-2011, 06:50 PM
To those people who say, "I like Ron Paul, but I couldn't vote for him because of his supporters."
Well, I wish they were aware of the frustration we have w interviews such as this one where Ron gets marginalized and misrepresented.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I was afraid they were going to get some journalists on to say they couldn't get in touch with the RP campaign and make a big deal out of it, but all they did was say Ron was "dodging" being on the factor, so it wasn't bad really. The rest of it was just the bashing you would expect from them anyway.

Czolgosz
08-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Two of my fav vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frM-GPAjzDY

First time listening to this. Very telling.

Down with the R's and D's.

AdamT
08-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Re-tweeted.

AdamT
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Oops tweeted: LOL @foxnews @oreillyfactor pathetic hit piece on @ronpaul. Bill, the Founders would've had you working in the kitchen you pinhead!

Skywalker75
08-24-2011, 07:22 PM
LOL!!! They showed the other candiates versus Obama... but not Ron Paul who is 1% off and better than all others

I paused the TV on those numbers and my friends and I laaaaaaaughed. Another one of these and Stewart has another segment.

This wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Morris looked like an idiot.

Feeding the Abscess
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I can't find video of Ron's October 24, 2001 appearance on The Factor. That would be an interesting interview to watch for sure.

MJU1983
08-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I need to stop picking on Dick Morris...it's just too easy. :)

http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/106526752603521024 (thanks for the retweets!)

http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/106538503214596097

^ New tweet

icon124
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
............tube? :-)

Restore-America-NOW
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't find video of Ron's October 24, 2001 appearance on The Factor. That would be an interesting interview to watch for sure.

2001? Yes, someone PLEASE try to dig that one up.

AdamT
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/106526752603521024 (thanks for the retweets!)

^ New tweet

Re-tweeted new tweet

Bruno
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
2001? Yes, someone PLEASE try to dig that one up.

Whatever Ron predicted on that interview, it is sure to have become to pass and could be gold!

Immortal Technique
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2XoFp2Nxs

Airing Date Aug.24, 2011
In this video a Rasmussen poll is shown showing which republican would be best against Obama, they completely left out Ron Paul Who in the poll that they use Ron is only %1 away from tying Obama.
Such tricks like this will not work this election.The media will not select the president.
http://thecaseforronpaul.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/rasmussen-reports-ron-paul-best-vs-barack-obama/
Viva Ron Paul !

MJU1983
08-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Re-tweeted new tweet

Thanks!

Restore-America-NOW
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM

Airing Date Aug.24, 2011
In this video a Rasmussen poll is shown showing which republican would be best against Obama, they completely left out Ron Paul Who in the poll that they use Ron is only %1 away from tying Obama.
Such tricks like this will not work this election.The media will not select the president.
http://thecaseforronpaul.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/rasmussen-reports-ron-paul-best-vs-barack-obama/
Viva Ron Paul !

Nothing but blatantly obvious slander and political propaganda, kinda makes me sick to my stomach actually. Do people REALLY eat this shit up?

TexMac
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Ha, ha, see how stupid they sound. Even o'reilly knew Morris was full of crap about the gold standard.

AdamT
I seriously can't watch these hacks lie and spin.

V3n
It could have been a lot worse.. Lady V3n and I were really wanting to hate the bit.. showing the graphic of the poll while leaving out Ron Paul raised the blood pressure, but honestly when Dick Morris was talking far beyond his meagerly understanding of the gold standard, it was BillO who reigned him back in and said he wasn't exactly being fair. I thought I heard BillO say the only reason Perry was rising was because he wasn't vetted.

Overall summary: not as bad as it could have been, not Paul friendly, but not really friendly toward any candidate - misleading? Yes, but what did you expect from BillO?

Feeding the Abscess
08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Nothing but blatantly obvious slander and political propaganda, kinda makes me sick to my stomach actually. Do people REALLY eat this shit up?

Yes, and it's exactly why Ron does not do well with senior citizen Republicans. Most of Bill's audience is:

Senior citizen Republicans.

Revolution0918
08-24-2011, 07:53 PM
lol!! Dick Morris, why are you on TV?!?

Bruno
08-24-2011, 07:55 PM
It could have been a lot worse.. Lady V3n and I were really wanting to hate the bit.. showing the graphic of the poll while leaving out Ron Paul raised the blood pressure, but honestly when Dick Morris was talking far beyond his meagerly understanding of the gold standard, it was BillO who reigned him back in and said he wasn't exactly being fair. I thought I heard BillO say the only reason Perry was rising was because he wasn't vetted.

Overall summary: not as bad as it could have been, not Paul friendly, but not really friendly toward any candidate - misleading? Yes, but what did you expect from BillO?

Replace "misleading" with "deceiving and lying", otherwise fair assessment.

IDefendThePlatform
08-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the usually BS from that idiot Oreilly and what's his name morris. Still, tubez?

ProfNo
08-24-2011, 07:58 PM
It was not bad; much better than I would have thought.

They started by showing the Gallup poll (they could have showed the PPP in an attempt to marginalize RP).

Then that other guy looked like an idiot when he talked about the gold standard. Even billo was like wtf. And that made everything else he said look stupid.

Yes, it sucked that they didn't show the RB vs. Obama head to head. But all things considering not bad at all.

And remember, no press is bad press.

dusman
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I didn't catch this one.. but it sounds like it was far less worse than everyone was thinking it was going to be. Good to hear.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds like the usually BS from that idiot Oreilly and what's his name morris. Still, tubez?

Here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311523-Dick-Morris-and-Bill-O-reilly-to-discuss-Ron-Paul-s-media-coverage-tonight&p=3503187&viewfull=1#post3503187

cornell
08-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Interesting, I almost got the feeling Bill O'Reilly was trying to defend Ron Paul's position on the gold standard. I guess that's how mainstream that view has become!

satchelmcqueen
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
could have been worse, but they did lie still

LBennett76
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
"This is good material for our YouTube wizards. Show oreilly and morris yucking it up and juxtapose that with facts."

This! ^^^^
Looking forward to it!

The Grinning Maniac
08-24-2011, 09:33 PM
That's shameful that they edited the Rassmussen poll to omit that Paul was one point away from tying with Obama. Just shameful. How do they get away with stuff like that?

MJU1983
08-24-2011, 09:40 PM

^ New tweet

Took the themes of these tweets and emailed Bill O and Dick Morris (probably useless I know but at least I feel better):

from ME
to Oreilly @ foxnews . com
cc dickmorris @ dickmorris . com
date Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM
subject Ron Paul
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 10:29 PM (6 minutes ago)

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

Like it not, Ron Paul is top tier and has as good of chance as anyone at getting the GOP nomination. In regards to your and Mr. Morris' opinions that Dr. Paul cannot beat Mr. Obama, polls show otherwise: Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/149114/Obama-Close-Race-Against-Romney-Perry-Bachmann-Paul.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Politics) & Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/obama_39_paul_38). Dick Morris simply doesn't like Ron Paul and you being the "No Spin Zone" should have disclosed that to your audience. March of this year Mr. Morris is quoted as saying "I strongly oppose Ron Paul, I think he is horrific."

Regards,
MY NAME AND TOWN

&

from ME
to Oreilly @ foxnews . com
cc dickmorris @ dickmorris . com
date Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM
subject The Gold Standard
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 10:34 PM (3 minutes ago)

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

On tonights show you and Dick Morris briefly discussed the Gold Standard. It was painfully clear that Mr. Morris hand't a clue as to what he was talking about. You did a disservice to your audience by allowing him to speak on subjects to which he is ignorant. I hope you spend some free-time researching the subject, Dr. Thomas Woods (http://www.tomwoods.com/learn-austrian-economics/) compiled a wonderful list of reading materials.

Regards,
MY NAME AND TOWN

king_nothing_
08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Emailing those two won't do any good. I'd recommend emailing Jon Stewart more than anyone. The intellectual dishonesty in this piece is so blatant that Stewart wouldn't have any trouble at all making a fool out of the two of them (claiming Ron can't beat Obama and then omitting his head to head polling numbers in which he does better than everyone else).

R3volutionJedi
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
"First they ignore you.....
CHECK
"Then they fight you......
CHECK
"Then you win!!!!!!!!!

TheDriver
08-24-2011, 10:15 PM
For the people thinking Jon Stewart is someone that will help us: you need your head examined.

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
For the people thinking Jon Stewart is someone that will help us: you need your head examined.

^ this. His brother runs the stock exchange or something.

Esoteric
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm so fucking mad right now. I don't think I've ever been this pissed about politics. Rasmussen polled Paul separately vs. Obama for a reason. PPP is excluding Paul form general election polling for a reason.. So Fox can flash that Paul-less graphic on the screen without being biased, just omitting Paul doing best against Obama. There has to be some behind the scenes sh*t going on. I'm steaming.

TexMac
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm so fucking mad right now. I don't think I've ever been this pissed about politics. Rasmussen polled Paul separately vs. Obama for a reason. PPP is excluding Paul form general election polling for a reason.. So Fox can flash that graphic on the screen without being biased, just omitting Paul doing best against Obama. There has to be some behind the scenes sh*t going on. I'm steaming.

Be patient. We're getting to the point that they can't deny RP is top tier any more.

king_nothing_
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe you need your recollection abilities examined. He helped us last week. Sure, his motive for doing so wasn't because he's a Ron Paul supporter, but what difference does it make? He makes a living out of comedically making a fool out of the media. This segment is a perfect opportunity for him to do that. Emailing him about it is certainly a better idea than emailing O'Reilly or Morris, which has absolutely zero chance of having any effect whatsoever.

anaconda
08-24-2011, 10:58 PM
LOL Bill said Romney's strength is with independents.

orenbus
08-25-2011, 01:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

TheTyke
08-25-2011, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

Interesting video, I hadn't seen it before!

randomname
08-25-2011, 04:19 AM
At least they were fair enough to start with the latest Gallup poll with Ron Paul running 3rd

Elwar
08-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Then they attack you...

LisaNY
08-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Lol I cant believe you guys gave O'Reilly the ratings last night. You couldn't have paid me $1,000.00 to watch those trolls bash Ron.

Hospitaller
08-25-2011, 05:48 AM
And they still slip into talking about perry/romney/bachmann anyway

Dick morris is as as crooked as his teeth

YumYum
08-25-2011, 05:54 AM
And they still slip into talking about perry/romney/bachmann anyway

Dick morris is as as crooked as his teeth

What I can't understand is Dick Morris is the man who helped build Bill Clinton's political career. He was a Democrat through and through. He then has a falling out with the Clintons, and so he becomes a Republican? This really doesn't say much for Fox News. But for the life of me, the hardest thing for me to figure out is what respectable prostitute would allow that man to put his Buddy Hackett mouth on her toes?

johnrocks
08-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Dick Morris showed his stupidity last night,sadly many fall for this type stupidity though.

Join The Paul Side
08-25-2011, 06:45 AM
So it was a hit piece. I didn't get to see it last night. Thanks to the poster that posted the clip.

Damn O'Reilly and Morris. I hope somebody's dog pees on their legs. :cool:

Krugerrand
08-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Bumpin the tube

Airing Date Aug.24, 2011
Viva Ron Paul !

Dr.3D
08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Bumpin the tube
What I got from that video is the typical neocon thought process. "Do unto others before they do unto you."
Of course it works out as, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and that is where the blow back comes from.

Bruno
08-25-2011, 07:54 AM
One thing I really like about this clip is that O'Reilly makes a point that Perry hasn't been vetted at all yet and that this rise is because he is new. It shows that most people are unimpressed with their current choices. The only one outside of Perry, the unvetted newbie, that has risen in their poll numbers is our very own Ron Paul.

Very excited to see Romney drop in the national polls lately. I think maybe he was hoping he could sit on the sidelines, basically campaign in NH and no where else, and be annointed because it was his turn and he has nice hair. Then another guy with nice hair showed up.

samforpaul
08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAFb97L3KU

THANKS!!!!!
Watching this reminded me of the expression: "Bullies are cowards".

civusamericanus
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Obama Vs. GOP Poll... So they make this segment seem like it's all about Ron Paul, then they leave him out of a Poll, and distort RP's positions. Typical!

FreeMind&Market
08-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Drowning Pool vs O'Reilly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ADrtE0bRQ

netwalker
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Here is a video I made on the hit piece. You may have seen it in the collaboration thread in the main forum.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghEfmr5p4Q