PDA

View Full Version : Organized Boots on the Ground Efforts in Early States is Needed.

orenbus
08-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Only way we can win NH, IA, and I'm going to assume most other preliminary states is if we have this x1000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8R8CGUa8Ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGTwHvehP50

Some quotes from a dedicated member Operation Live Free or Die back in early December 2007:

we do not have near enough people yet, we do need A LOT MORE boots on the ground, please if u know someone that can take a week or two off work SEND THEM TO ME so i can get them up here.

right now we have about 40 people canvassing door to door SEVEN DAYS A WEEK not just on weekends... thats what OFLD is all about, getting people up here to help us... 40 people can not cover this state in the next month, we do have more coming, a lot more, i think 100 or so for sure are coming for the entire month and another 100 are coming for at least 2 weeks but thats not enough we need 1,000 people here canvassing 7 days a week

A thousand people was an estimate that I agreed with back then, but thinking now that most people can only really make it up there on weekends it's probably closer to at least 2000 or 3000. Without some strong and serious organization by either the official campaign to do this like starting now or from some major donor willing to sponsor activists to come from different parts of the country, not sure how this is possible, but it is serious work that needs to start happening soon. Grassroots needs to take this on if the official campaign can't or won't so someone will need to step up to the plate to keep NH in play, rest of you guys need to do something as well to help the early states out now. Don't get me wrong funding for commercials and media coverage is important but so is the physical boots on the ground work.

You would be surprised (or maybe not) at how many Americans are out of touch with primaries/caucuses even in states like New Hampshire and Iowa which are states with citizens that supposedly take elections more seriously. Most Americans just live there lives and unless someone literally knocks on their door to let them know what is going on they won't know what is possible and how we can change the country for the better. Don't let us repeat 2007 we need lots of people in the early states to combat Romney's money which you know he will be using to hire people, other candidates may go to the churches to look for volunteers like Huckabee did. We need to come up with actionable ideas to this challenge now instead of just assuming we will win states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9X5yWWlb2U
(Just showing this as an example of what needs to happen, this was a project in 2007-2008 and currently inactive, although I would like to see the official campaign lead an operation like this since it is so closely tied to canvassing, calls, etc. which the official campaign will be leading anyway in those states they can also hire people to help supplement the volunteers so that the numbers are there to make a difference. Otherwise someone in the grassroots needs to take this on to get the volunteers to where they need to be, 40 or 100 people per state is not enough.)