PDA

View Full Version : Are we raising enough?

anewvoice
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
So this thought keeps nagging me, are we raising enough money? Last tmie round we raised a bunch all at the end, this time we're slowly building up again, and gaining each time, but....

- From campaign - had to pull commercials in Iowa at the last minute
- Cash on hand reporting 1.7 million after 1.8 million dolar moneybomb
- Reported spending 400k or so in Iowa, more bang for our buck then say Pawlenty who went all in with 1 million
- Numerous high profile hires
- Private jet flights
- Strong ground organization in Iowa and now building in New Hampshire
- Limited TV ad buys and radio ad buys
- 4.5 Million in Q2
- Estimated 2.5 - 3 million thus far in Q3
- E-mails have a slight desperation feel to them, this could be the intent to drive more but it's different than last time

Clearly the campaign does not want to be flush with cash (or let us think it is anyway from a fundraising perspective), but maybe the issue is in fact that they aer not, and are in need of more money.

We can always do more, but maybe there is more urgency than we aer aware...

truthdivides
08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Where did you get the $1.7M number from?

Koz
08-23-2011, 06:09 PM
No, we are not raising enogh. Perry and Romney are fundraising machines. We need to do better.

JohnGalt23g
08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Too much is never enough.

CaptainAmerica
08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
What about the super-pac? Does anyone know what they have done so far?

BUSHLIED
08-23-2011, 06:15 PM
if Ron doesn't raise at least more than 5 million this quarter, you know how the media is going to report on the campaign...

Ron needs to raise through the next money bomb at least 5 million to put him at about 8 million+...

trey4sports
08-23-2011, 06:17 PM
we need a big push sept. 17 !

anewvoice
08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Where did you get the $1.7M number from?

It was mentioned in an article, on the top of politico. I am suspect of when this information is from but nonetheless.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/ron-paul/index.html

truthdivides
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I think that information is bad. I don't think it was even updated after the 2nd quarter ended.

anewvoice
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
we need a big push sept. 17 !

Agreed, maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't shake the feeling that we don't understand in detail how much a "real campaign" costs and we're not getting enough moola. The campaign repeatedly states that they don't need Romney money, but maybe they underestimate as well.

Maybe I should just drink less coffee. :)

LibertyEagle
08-23-2011, 06:29 PM
No, we're not even close to raising enough. If we want them to run a national campaign, they need enough money to advertise in more than just 2 states. They need to open campaign offices all over the country. No, we haven't even scratched the surface of how much money they need.

lucky_bg
08-23-2011, 06:30 PM
17th is our D-day! There is not any doubt about that. God thing is, after 17th, we have 13 more days to build on the result achived on 17th.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
What are we doing to promote it? It has to be promoted a lot more places than just here.

Last election cycle, there were tremendous videos being created, banners of all kinds, emails being sent out all over, etc. There was such a momentum built up that people donated who didn't even know if they would vote for Ron Paul. It was wild. :)

LibertyEagle
08-23-2011, 06:35 PM
17th is our D-day! There is not any doubt about that. God thing is, after 17th, we have 13 more days to build on the result achived on 17th.

When I look at that page, it looks like a 2 week long "moneybomb".

sabu140
08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
All metup.com organizers need to make sure they have every moneybomb as a featured event scheduled and promoted as well as they possibly can.

lucky_bg
08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
When I look at that page, it looks like a 2 week long "moneybomb".

Nooooou, it looks like one day money bomb plus two weeks of the end of the quarter push. ;)

NickOdell
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
trey4sports and I did this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?295900-Help-me-use-Facebook-to-promote-the-moneybomb!

last moneybomb. We should get more people doing it sooner this time around. This should also be done on YouTube and not just FaceBook.

Not saying this is the only thing we need to do, but it would help I'm sure.

About the promotional video, Gage created this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3IjWmYQGc&feature=channel_video_title that should be spread around, maybe posted on the front page of the forums?

wstrucke
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
yeah... i have a feeling money is coming in much slower now. we need to continue to push and get the word out. for every ten people we convert, we'll be lucky to get one donor, even if that means ten votes. keep going.

samsung1
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
This is not good. The campaign should always have at least 2-3 mil cash on hand after running all the needed advertising. We need to get some big donors.We have to reach out to business owners. Would also be nice to get the support of the Libertarian party. We also could use help from the evangelicalgroups like AFA.

IDefendThePlatform
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

The campaign needs to be messaging EVERY single person who "likes" Ron Paul on facebook for EVERY single moneybomb. I have a facebook page, so I know it can be done. Just a lot of copy and paste. I guarantee not all those people are on email lists, and not everyone reads those campaign emails. Facebook messages get read because they are still rare.

Message them to ask them to donate and also to invite them to join the event page for that moneybomb.

I feel like we're leaving hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars on the table.

And yes, I know there is a limit to the number of messages you can send. That's why they need to make dozens of trustworthy people admins and let them do the copy and paste and messaging.

Someone else has posted a couple of times about how in 07 the moneybombs were so huge because multiple individuals got together and emailed all of Ron's MySpace friends. We absolutely need to be doing this again in 2011 with Facebook messages.

NickOdell
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I feel like we're leaving hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars on the table.

Agreed. The campaign needs to use Facebook more aggressively for fundraising. It is really important for us to raise more this quarter than we did last, and using the facebook page would make it easier.

low preference guy
08-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

The campaign needs to be messaging EVERY single person who "likes" Ron Paul on facebook for EVERY single moneybomb. I have a facebook page, so I know it can be done. Just a lot of copy and paste. I guarantee not all those people are on email lists, and not everyone reads those campaign emails. Facebook messages get read because they are still rare.

i think you'll lose an important percentage of supporters the first day you do that. by "lose" i mean they'll unlike your page.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2011, 09:42 PM
No, we are not raising enogh. Perry and Romney are fundraising machines. We need to do better.

Too much is never enough.

That and that.

Ten times as much would not be enough.

I'm doing what I can, but I'm not making anywhere near what I was in 2007.

NickOdell
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
i think you'll lose an important percentage of supporters the first day you do that. by "lose" i mean they'll unlike your page.

Your probably right. People who don't know much about him yet but liked him on FaceBook to find out more might be annoyed at that.

Maybe they could go through and message people who 'like' his status' or something like that? To identify people who are more active?

low preference guy
08-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Maybe they could go through and message people who 'like' his status' or something like that? To identify people who are more active?

i think the best for the fb people to do is to keep doing what they are doing. they announce the money bomb dates and people see it in the news feed. those who are interested do donate.

Agorism
08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
I think we are raising far more money than at the same last time by far.

And this time he has the money early enough that he can actually use it I hope. Last time a large chunk of the money went unspent and then got put into the Campaign for Liberty.

jason43
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Look at McCains fundraising numbers in 07, at this point in that race he had zero. We need better performances in the debates to drive momentum moving forward. Sticking to answering one question with a concise answer instead of trying to throw the answers for every problem at every question. And yes, I understand that all the issues are connected. I also understand that Rons speaking style doesnt translate into 30 second soundbites.

Although more money is obviously better, winning in Iowa and building momentum and creating a huge media sensation moving into NH would create all the fundraising he would need to launch into a full 50 state campaign. More "Ron Paul Moments" vs the warmonger nannystaters in the debates going viral on youtube wouldnt hurt either. The debates are what drives this campaign, most non-political folks dont even know that there is an election going on yet.

malkusm
08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
We are not raising enough. We need to bluff these idiots out of the pot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgdnUlIdvxE

Original_Intent
08-23-2011, 10:09 PM
In 07-08 at this point we were still 10 weeks from having the first money bomb. This time we have already had multiple million dollar bombs, much earlier.

Is it enough? No. But I think people need to acknowledge that in this economy, and considering that we get our donations from lots of people without deep pockets, and without access to the money printing presses - we all deserve to be very proud of what we have been able to do. I have not yet been able to do as much as I did last time...I am hoping to be able to beat last times total, but there is no question money is a lot tighter for me this time around, and I know I'm not alone.

I guess while I know we need to do more, I think we also need to credit ourselves for what we are accomplishing. If this country is saved, Ron and his supporters are going to be the ones that saved it.

Paul4Prez
08-23-2011, 11:04 PM
No, we're not. Time to sell stuff on EBay or hold yard sales....

Bergie Bergeron
08-23-2011, 11:14 PM
You know what? Back in 07 we spammed EVERYWHERE on the internet (especially on YouTube) for the moneybombs + meetups. Don't see that kind of dedication this time around.

Paul4Prez
08-24-2011, 12:39 AM

Then they never really "liked" him anyway. Send the messages!

IDefendThePlatform
08-24-2011, 12:51 AM
You know what? Back in 07 we spammed EVERYWHERE on the internet (especially on YouTube) for the moneybombs + meetups. Don't see that kind of dedication this time around.

Then they never really "liked" him anyway. Send the messages!

Agree totally. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Losing a few dozen "likes" from our facebook page is an exceedingly small price to pay to raise our donation level significantly. We need to be doing this immediately and spamming everywhere else we possibly can!

anaconda
08-24-2011, 02:11 AM
No, we're not even close to raising enough. If we want them to run a national campaign, they need enough money to advertise in more than just 2 states. They need to open campaign offices all over the country. No, we haven't even scratched the surface of how much money they need.

Does the Official Campaign expect to run a national campaign by sucking blood from a turnip of often young and/or poor Ron Paul Forum types? This million here, million there type funding is powerful in the early going but not any match for the corporate $$$ that will be flowing early next year to someone like Romney.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2011, 02:46 AM
And this time he has the money early enough that he can actually use it I hope. Last time a large chunk of the money went unspent and then got put into the Campaign for Liberty.

You make it sound like it all went to the C4L and that is not at all what happened. Dr. Paul maintained control of the money that was left and doled out a great deal of it for the Rally for the Republic. That was a very expensive event. Part of it was also used to start up Young Americans for Liberty and part of it was used to start up Campaign for Liberty.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Does the Official Campaign expect to run a national campaign by sucking blood from a turnip of often young and/or poor Ron Paul Forum types? This million here, million there type funding is powerful in the early going but not any match for the corporate $$$ that will be flowing early next year to someone like Romney.

I hear ya. I don't know what the plan is. I'm sure the hope is that if he does well in the early states, other people will start donating.

We're never going to match the corporate money that Romney and Perry are getting. Many of those corporations are not donating anyway; they are investing in the hope of a future payback perhaps in the way of a special loophole created just for them. The good thing is that Dr. Paul's campaign is much more frugal and doesn't waste money like the forementioned.

Keep remembering that Dr. Paul has something that the other campaigns do not. A passionate group of supporters who love their country and liberty so much that they would walk on glass to get the Constitution reinstated. No other campaign can match us on the ground if we maintain our focus.

If anyone hasn't signed up as a volunteer with the campaign, please do so. You can be using the campaign's calling system and calling potential voters right now. If anyone hasn't registered as a Republican, do it and get positioned to help Ron Paul when the primary/caucus comes around. Find out what it takes to become a delegate in your state and do it. Primaries are won by whomever has the most delegates. Period. If there is activist training in your area, whether it be put on by the Young Americans for Liberty, the Campaign for Liberty or the tea party, etc. go to it and learn what you can.

fatjohn
08-24-2011, 02:59 AM

No, the message should just be a news message that there is a moneybomb going on, check out ronpaul2012.com to follow the event live.

Not specifically asking to contribute, just informing them about a campaign event.

sirachman
08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
You know what? Back in 07 we spammed EVERYWHERE on the internet (especially on YouTube) for the moneybombs + meetups. Don't see that kind of dedication this time around. Hopefully all the supporters from 2007 will come back in force in the next few weeks. I think a lot of people just got burned in 2008 and are simply not rushing to get involved again. I'm sure a lot will soon though.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-24-2011, 06:08 PM
More is always better.