PDA

View Full Version : Missing radioactive camera.....FEAR!!!!!!

Kylie
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
The FBI is on the hunt for this radioactive camera, not only because it was stolen, but because it's a threat to public safety. Authorities say call 9-1-1 immediately if you see it, because everyday this camera goes missing could be a chance for radioactive exposure or contamination. Inside the camera is the radioactive material: Iridium 192. According to the Centers for Disease Control, exposure to IR 192 can increase the risk for cancer, cause burns and even death. The handheld xray machine was ripped off at a city construction site in Austin. "They open up this device and force it open thinking something is inside and they could be exposed to some danger," said Erik Vasys of the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Authorities think the thief plans to sell the $11,000 camera to an oil thirsty client who is looking for Texas crude. That's because these cameras can be used to check the soundness of petroleum piping. There is also a $6,000 reward to get the camera back. The FBI is also working with the Austin Police Department to track down the device.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=HZ-20110823-32054-USA

:rolleyes:

pcosmar
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
The FBI is on the hunt for this radioactive camera, not only because it was stolen, but because it's a threat to public safety. Authorities say call 9-1-1 immediately if you see it, because everyday this camera goes missing could be a chance for radioactive exposure or contamination. Inside the camera is the radioactive material: Iridium 192. According to the Centers for Disease Control, exposure to IR 192 can increase the risk for cancer, cause burns and even death. The handheld xray machine was ripped off at a city construction site in Austin. "They open up this device and force it open thinking something is inside and they could be exposed to some danger," said Erik Vasys of the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Authorities think the thief plans to sell the $11,000 camera to an oil thirsty client who is looking for Texas crude. That's because these cameras can be used to check the soundness of petroleum piping. There is also a $6,000 reward to get the camera back. The FBI is also working with the Austin Police Department to track down the device.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=HZ-20110823-32054-USA

:rolleyes:

shit, There is your dirty bomb material for the next FF.

AFPVet
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
shit, There is your dirty bomb material for the next FF.

That's what I was thinking....

CaptainAmerica
08-23-2011, 07:31 PM
3 words : "Operation Gun Walker"

Kylie
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
That's why I posted it. This is the opportunity, I'm sure they'll find the motive.

roho76
08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
The danger is in getting sick from handling the material. I doubt there is enough material to make a bomb of any sort.