PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul the only candidate not confirmed to be speaking at CPAC FL

Gage
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
• Michele Bachmann – Confirmed
• Herman Cain – Confirmed
• Newt Gingrich – Confirmed
• Jon Huntsman – Confirmed
• Gary Johnson – Confirmed
• Thaddeus McCotter – Confirmed
• Ron Paul – Invited
• Mitt Romney – Confirmed
• Rick Santorum – Confirmed

And Rick Perry was just confirmed to be particpating in CPAC FL today.

The American Conservative Union (ACU) today announced Texas Governor Rick Perry will address CPAC FL – the organization’s first in an inaugural series of regional events expanding on the legacy of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). CPAC FL will be held this fall in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, September 23, 2011.

“As the Republican field continues to emerge, Rick Perry is generating enthusiasm across the country because of his conservative record in the Lone Star State,” said ACU Chairman Al Cardenas. “Through an agenda built on tax and spending cuts and pro-growth policies, Governor Perry has made Texas a leader in job creation and economic development while serving as a national voice for preserving states’ rights. We look forward to hosting him at our first-ever regional CPAC event.”

Why isn't Ron taking this event seriously? Could be great exposure to Florida voters.

http://cpacfl.conservative.org/

kah13176
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Will there be another straw poll?

Gage
08-23-2011, 04:06 PM

I don't think so, but they will probably spring one out at the last second like what happened with some other convention I remember.

civusamericanus
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't think so, but they will probably spring one out at the last second like what happened with some other convention I remember.
From the official calendar, Ron Paul has cancelled his appearance on The Judge's show, that same day. I suspect he's going to this event! Time for Florida to get busy.

Edit:
August 23, 2011
Canceled – Interview on Freedom Watch Fox Business – 8 PM Eastern
Congressman Ron Paul will interview on Freedom Watch – on Tuesday, Aug 23 8:00pm Eastern on Fox Business

Or maybe he's confirmed, and due to technical difficulties, the website simply hasn't updated it yet or something.

anewvoice
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
The cancelled interview was today August 23rd, that is September 23rd, or just before the Fox debate in Orlando.

fearthereaperx
08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
yeah fox debate in orlando is on spet 22..there should be no reason for him not to stay the next day.

Agorism
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM

lol. yep

civusamericanus
08-23-2011, 04:53 PM
The cancelled interview was today August 23rd, that is September 23rd, or just before the Fox debate in Orlando.
whoops.. hehe

yeah fox debate in orlando is on spet 22..there should be no reason for him not to stay the next day.
It's likely technical difficulties.

bkreigh
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM

September 23 is right in the middle of Presidency 5 which has a straw poll. Its $175 a ticket and everybody should be registered by now for it.

CaptainAmerica
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Florida is suppose to have a straw poll event. Michele Bachmann and Mitt Romney are skipping Florida.As I recall, Mitt Romney skipped Florida's straw poll in 2007.

Eric21ND
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Florida is fertile ground.

RDM
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM

Don't know if this is the same thing, but there is a Straw Poll according to this link.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/08/ron_paul_wins_readers_presiden.php

Epic
08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Florida the state has a straw poll about the same time. It's called Presidency 5 for whatever reason.

Ron should go. We need some serious help in florida.

mtmedlin
08-23-2011, 07:52 PM
He will be there. He was the last time. Doubt he wins, since they rig it so that RP supporters cant get in! I was turned down last time even though I am rather active in Republican politics in central florida. Heck, I wrote speeches for a mayer, 2 county commisoners and did grassroots for a governor...my association with RP kept me out.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Florida is fertile ground.
Not really. FL is big, it's expensive, it's full of statists from the north, and is a place where it can drain a bank account.

The campaign can win Florida by winning NH, NV, and coming in the top 3 in IA.

kahless
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
He will be there. He was the last time. Doubt he wins, since they rig it so that RP supporters cant get in! I was turned down last time even though I am rather active in Republican politics in central florida. Heck, I wrote speeches for a mayer, 2 county commisoners and did grassroots for a governor...my association with RP kept me out.

Maybe you can just say you are a Perry or Romney supporter. Show up wearing one of their shirts and just take if off when you get inside. :D

Gage
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Ron has now confirmed his appearance at CPAC FL.

ACU Announces Congressman Ron Paul to Address CPAC Florida
Top Ten Presidential Candidates Scheduled to Address Inaugural Regional
Conservative Political Action Conference

ALEXANDRIA, VA -- The American Conservative Union (ACU) today announced Congressman Ron Paul (TX-14) will address CPAC FL -- the organization's first in an inaugural series of regional events expanding on the legacy of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). CPAC FL will be held this fall in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, September 23, 2011. With today's announcement confirming Congressman Paul's attendance, CPAC FL will play host this fall to the leading ten Republican presidential candidates.

"A previous winner of CPAC presidential straw polls, Ron Paul is a leading voice for adhering to a limited constitutional government. His consistent voting record and unwavering commitment to his principles have earned Congressman Paul a strong and loyal grassroots base," said ACU Chairman Al Cardenas. "The ACU is honored to host all of the major presidential candidates this September at our first-ever regional CPAC event."

Maximilian American
08-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm a delegate who will be both in the FL Debate on the 22nd and the P5 Strawpoll to vote for RP on the 24th. I'm looking into the CPAC FL event now and should be committed to attend and be devoted to activism there. Florida will do well for RP if Iowa, NH, NV, are good for us but that is not to say that there isn't work to be done here. Funds should be focused on those states primarily but at the same time we here in FL need funds to setup campaign offices as bases for our supporters to use for supplies and other aspects. The one very important aspect of FL is the wealth it holds that can fund the national campaign, so we true RP activists need the support and supply from the national campaign to reach out to the potential big donors and convince them that their money will be put to good use if donated to RP, then the votes will follow once the FL primary comes around.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Looks like ACU just announced RP will be there:
http://www.conservative.org/acu-announces-congressman-ron-paul-to-address-cpac-florida/11905/#respond

Rothbardian Girl
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Not really. FL is big, it's expensive, it's full of statists from the north, and is a place where it can drain a bank account.

The campaign can win Florida by winning NH, NV, and coming in the top 3 in IA.
Not to mention a large population of seniors... Ron will have to do better with that crowd if he wants to have a shot at it in FL.