PDA

View Full Version : GEORGIA Straw Poll - please help!

profg
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
PLEASE READ THIS: IT'S IMPORTANT.

I know there's a thread already announcing this particular event, but this post is a bit different.

John Dennis's Freedom & Prosperity PAC has a solid plan to help RON PAUL win this weekend's Georgia GOP straw poll, using a very unique method they used to help at the Ames Straw Poll.

But they need our help to pull it off.

Here's how it works: They essentially invite Ron Paul supporters via a robocall. The person they call basically wins a free ticket to the straw poll IF they answer "Ron Paul" to the following question: "Do you know who has been called the champion of the Constitution and the taxpayer's best friend ever?" If they get it right -- they get a ticket.

Although this Georgia GOP straw poll is not nationally significant, it WILL be very good for the Ron Paul sentiment in the entire state of Georgia and may influence SC some... IF the good Doctor can win, or come very close. It would also give Ron Paul volunteers in Georgia momentum.

The F&P PAC wants to measure the effectiveness of this program of inviting Ron Paul supporters to the straw poll, but they just need to provide free admission to people who show up (as they did in Iowa). This will be a good test for what they may be able to do for the California straw poll, which could be a HUGE win. The F&P PAC will also be able to provide us a list of about 200-400 Ron Paul supporters using their outreach program.

Listen: It may only take 100-200 votes to win the GA straw poll. The admission cost is $15 per person (t-shirt/fish fry included) so at 200 supporters that would be $3,000. If fewer show up, let's say 100 then they would only need $1,500. Current estimates are that they expect 500 to show up, so 100-200 votes should win it. (They will be calling people who are closest to the straw poll.)

What WE need to do is simple: help to raise the money to make that happen. The F&P PAC already has a donor who will pay for the outreach (robocalling). All WE need is for people to donate at the donation page for rp2012.org -- go to http://bit.ly/pINRpq -- and it will go to John Dennis's Freedom & Prosperity PAC, and funds will be earmarked for this project.

Then, they will have someone on the ground at the GOP Fish Fry who will be redeeming tickets that have been "won". They've already put in a call to make sure there will be no problem getting tickets on the day of the event.

I think this is a GREAT idea. I watched these folks do a good job in Iowa with this project; it's something that could get US close to winning in OUR straw poll, if not actually winning it outright. I'm willing to chip in some bucks, on my much-more-limited-nowadays budget, especially since I can't make it to the straw poll myself. The national campaign is laser-focused on the first 4 states, as they should be; these guys did their parallel thing in Iowa, and did a pretty good job of it. They did it in just as short a time period, too.

They're moving forward with this, folks. Can you chip in at http://bit.ly/pINRpq to help it happen? Can you spread the word to all of your fellow Ron Paul supporters, especially in Georgia, and ask THEM to chip in, too? Not everyone can come to the GOP Fish Fry; this is a GREAT way to help get others to take those spots and VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

PLEASE, donate now, and ask others to do the same. It won't take much, and the benefits could be HUGE. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/pINRpq

rp08orbust
08-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Bump

Revolution9
08-24-2011, 03:15 AM
This is a great out of the box idea and should be implemented in every state and for every straw poll.

Rev9

Revolution9
08-24-2011, 05:09 AM
bump for new forum software new posts hit.

Rev9

IDefendThePlatform
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Please volunteer to phonebank for this effort! rp2012.org is an excellent way to leverage our national support into more straw poll wins and better press coverage in important areas. We need to up our support and momentum in the South. If you can, please help.

IDefendThePlatform
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
The other thing that I don't think many people are aware of is how large a role rp08orbust's robopolling and rp2012.org's phonebanking played in how well we did at Ames. They were probably directly responsible for close to 1,000 additional votes between IDing new supporters and then following up with phonebanking. That's freaking incredible. Think if they had 2x as many phonebankers and a little more $$; we could've won.

Please consider going to rp2012.org and getting involved with phonebanking. We need to keep doing well in upcoming straw polls (Georgia, California, Value Voters) and raise our profile and electability. Our close 2nd at Ames helped a TON, but we need to keep it going over the next several weeks and months.

Aratus
08-24-2011, 02:46 PM
100,ooo thanx rev9 + IDTP!!! i posted in john dennis's forum when he took on ms. nancy pelosi! we need those 1000 votes for the FISH FRY!

Aratus
08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
perry FISH FRY georgia style... and GA*GOP*org straw poll... on the 27th (70+ hours to go!)

Aratus
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Avalon just posted some good news in the Ron Paul Grassroots forum! the GAGOP.org
is still accepting preregistrations and there has been quite a few of 'em! ("a ton")

kah13176
08-24-2011, 07:25 PM
My father and I just registered to vote for Paul and such. See you guys there.

Aratus
08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
i'm up in the Bay State!

good luck Georgia!!

WIN, RON, WIN!!!

Aratus
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
in less than 55+ hours a major effort goes into overdrive!

PLEASE READ THIS: IT'S IMPORTANT.

I know there's a thread already announcing this particular event, but this post is a bit different.

John Dennis's Freedom & Prosperity PAC has a solid plan to help RON PAUL win this weekend's Georgia GOP straw poll, using a very unique method they used to help at the Ames Straw Poll.

But they need our help to pull it off.

Here's how it works: They essentially invite Ron Paul supporters via a robocall. The person they call basically wins a free ticket to the straw poll IF they answer "Ron Paul" to the following question: "Do you know who has been called the champion of the Constitution and the taxpayer's best friend ever?" If they get it right -- they get a ticket.

Although this Georgia GOP straw poll is not nationally significant, it WILL be very good for the Ron Paul sentiment in the entire state of Georgia and may influence SC some... IF the good Doctor can win, or come very close. It would also give Ron Paul volunteers in Georgia momentum.

The F&P PAC wants to measure the effectiveness of this program of inviting Ron Paul supporters to the straw poll, but they just need to provide free admission to people who show up (as they did in Iowa). This will be a good test for what they may be able to do for the California straw poll, which could be a HUGE win. The F&P PAC will also be able to provide us a list of about 200-400 Ron Paul supporters using their outreach program.

Listen: It may only take 100-200 votes to win the GA straw poll. The admission cost is $15 per person (t-shirt/fish fry included) so at 200 supporters that would be $3,000. If fewer show up, let's say 100 then they would only need $1,500. Current estimates are that they expect 500 to show up, so 100-200 votes should win it. (They will be calling people who are closest to the straw poll.)

What WE need to do is simple: help to raise the money to make that happen. The F&P PAC already has a donor who will pay for the outreach (robocalling). All WE need is for people to donate at the donation page for rp2012.org -- go to http://bit.ly/pINRpq -- and it will go to John Dennis's Freedom & Prosperity PAC, and funds will be earmarked for this project.

Then, they will have someone on the ground at the GOP Fish Fry who will be redeeming tickets that have been "won". They've already put in a call to make sure there will be no problem getting tickets on the day of the event.

I think this is a GREAT idea. I watched these folks do a good job in Iowa with this project; it's something that could get US close to winning in OUR straw poll, if not actually winning it outright. I'm willing to chip in some bucks, on my much-more-limited-nowadays budget, especially since I can't make it to the straw poll myself. The national campaign is laser-focused on the first 4 states, as they should be; these guys did their parallel thing in Iowa, and did a pretty good job of it. They did it in just as short a time period, too.

They're moving forward with this, folks. Can you chip in at http://bit.ly/pINRpq to help it happen? Can you spread the word to all of your fellow Ron Paul supporters, especially in Georgia, and ask THEM to chip in, too? Not everyone can come to the GOP Fish Fry; this is a GREAT way to help get others to take those spots and VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

PLEASE, donate now, and ask others to do the same. It won't take much, and the benefits could be HUGE. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/pINRpq

Aratus
08-25-2011, 02:29 AM
sat

Aratus
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
less than 48 hours til the fish fry!

Aratus
08-25-2011, 03:34 PM
we can keep this thread bumped up
so as to show our appreciation when
doctor ron paul does well this saturday!

muzzled dogg
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
GA make us proud

Aratus
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
less than 40 hours til the Fish Fry!!!
pre-registration closes at midnight?
the GAGOP.org link is up, and open!
the PAC john dennis has set up has
asked for contributions to help pay
for tickets etc! i'm doing updates!!!

Aratus
08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
GA make us proud

they will!!! everything is
coming together for an upset!

Aratus
08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
32 hours until the start of the Fish Fry!

Aratus
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
bender22 spotted a local article! people are aware of the tickets and the intrepid pivotal question!
this is coming together as perry, georgia is to be national news in a big way when we are an upset!

eaglesfan48
08-26-2011, 08:33 PM
gogogogo GL!! Thanks for your efforts so far!

profg
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
This was posted at http://www.wearepolitics.com/Default.aspx?pid=4427&ti=Possible-Surprise-Results-Coming-At-Georgia-GOP-Fish-Fry-Straw-Poll

"Possible Surprise Results Coming At Georgia GOP Fish-Fry Straw Poll (http://www.wearepolitics.com/Default.aspx?pid=4427&ti=Possible-Surprise-Results-Coming-At-Georgia-GOP-Fish-Fry-Straw-Poll)"
Posted by: Bill Knowles - August 26, 2011

Don't be a bit surprised if Texas Congressman Ron Paul does very well Saturday in Perry, GA at the Georgia Republican Party Fish-Fry Straw Poll.

My family has received no less than four robocalls asking a polling question geared for you to answer "Ron Paul", and if you do text back the "correct" answer, you get a free ticket to the Fish-Fry courtesy of Congressman Paul. Like him or not....he's well organized.

profg
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
UPDATE: Please Donate!

This just in from the PAC:

We are getting a lot of commitments to the straw poll through our outreach efforts.... we can get anywhere from 75-150 or more people showing up for free tickets.... we are trying to purchase about 75% of the tickets up front due to limited availability of tickets the day of the event.

We also had a cost overrun on the calling budget of about $450 so please help out with that as well!
http://www.rp2012.org/

For every dollar you donate Friday and Saturday, we will match that with money from the PAC. A $75 donation gets 10 people in for free to enjoy some fried fish and a sno-cone, to receive a T-shirt, and get a chance to vote for Ron Paul!

Please donate at:
http://www.rp2012.org/

Thanks!

Aratus
08-26-2011, 09:52 PM
i'm about to do a 'toady' thread :toady: about the fish fry! even though we are twelve hours away from the event, the calling effort
dipped $450 into the red (hopefully)briefly ...so ANY new contributions will help someone rEVOLUTIOn get in even at this late hour!

Aratus
08-27-2011, 12:24 AM
the results will be known at 2 p.m EST

the straw poll + fish fry opens at 11:30 a.m

Aratus
08-27-2011, 02:32 AM
SEVEN MORE HOURs! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! THIS HAS BEEN A STUPENDOUS EFFORT! DR. RON PAUL IS EASILY TOP THREE!

Aratus
08-27-2011, 02:38 PM
DR. RON PAUL TIED WITH HERMAN CAIN, THIS TiME THREE VOTES KEPT HIM FROM FIRST PLACE! WE DID IT! DRUDGED, YES!