PDA

View Full Version : PPP Iowa, Ron 16%

TheState
08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Link (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/08/perry-takes-lead-in-iowa.html)

http://i54.tinypic.com/op0kjp.jpg

FSP-Rebel
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Perry:22%
Romney:19%
Bach:18%
Paul:16%
who cares

ItsTime
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Whatever the campaign is doing in Iowa it is working. We are right where we want to be!

The other winner in the poll

Michele Bachmann may not have much momentum coming off of her strong performance in Ames but Ron Paul sure does. His 16% poll standing is up from 11% on our June poll of the state and his net favorability of +24 at 53/29 makes him the second most popular of 15 announced and potential candidates that we polled, behind only Perry's +32 at 56/24.

iamse7en
08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Perry:22%
Romney:19%
Bach:18%
Paul:16%
who cares

Bach is running for Prez?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg

RileyE104
08-23-2011, 09:29 AM
God why are women so stupid...
LOL jk

But seriously... 9% among women? We're still in fourth but that's a big drop from Bachmann's 16% and Perry/Romney +20% :(
I assume those who like Bachmann are because she's a woman from Iowa and those who want Perry/Romney have a thing for them.. :p

IDK why women seem to have an unfavorable opinion of Paul. My aunt said that he looks gay and scary when he's not dressed up nice in a suit and hair fixed up. I didn't know what to tell her. Some people don't even WANT to think about the issues. It's such a shame.

oyarde
08-23-2011, 09:36 AM
God why are women so stupid...
LOL jk

But seriously... 9% among women? We're still in fourth but that's a big drop from Bachmann's 16% and Perry/Romney +20% :(
I assume those who like Bachmann are because she's a woman from Iowa and those who want Perry/Romney have a thing for them.. :p

IDK why women seem to have an unfavorable opinion of Paul. My aunt said that he looks gay and scary when he's not dressed up nice in a suit and hair fixed up. I didn't know what to tell her. Some people don't even WANT to think about the issues. It's such a shame.

Gay & scary ? wth ?

JamesButabi
08-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Im pretty satisfied with this poll. Is this the first state we have polled within 6% of the top?

Bruno
08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Need a Ron Paul ad that appeals directly to likely female voters.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2011, 09:44 AM
If Perry's record comes out, those people are going to run away from him. It in no way matches his rhetoric.

SWATH
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a real hard time with women. They say Ron Paul doesn't look presidential, doesn't "seem" like a president, doesn't make a lot of "sense", and other bullshit inane ramblings. By contrast I hear that Romney and Perry are very handsome and distinguished looking. My SIS, who has a real chip on her shoulder about women's rights and electing strong women, and equal treatment of woman, and supported Hillary, and all that, actually said that she would vote for Romney based on his looks alone. How am I supposed to take anything she says seriously with that steaming turd? In fairness I apply the same standard to idiot men who support Palin or Bachman because they want to bone them. This easily media manipulated superficial demographic seems to be a large portion of the electorate. Maybe we should show Ron Paul sitting in a new Camaro with some scantily clad boobsicle sexually writhing on the hood. Or maybe just get Ron Paul a Rick Perry wig, that ought to do it.

RileyE104
08-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I have a real hard time with women. They say Ron Paul doesn't look presidential, doesn't "seem" like a president, doesn't make a lot of "sense", and other bullshit inane ramblings. By contrast I hear that Romney and Perry are very handsome and distinguished looking. My SIS, who has a real chip on her shoulder about women's rights and electing strong women, and equal treatment of woman, and supported Hillary, and all that, actually said that she would vote for Romney based on his looks alone. How am I supposed to take anything she says seriously with that steaming turd? In fairness I apply the same standard to idiot men who support Palin or Bachman because they want to bone them. This easily media manipulated superficial demographic seems to be a large portion of the electorate. Maybe we should show Ron Paul sitting in a new Camaro with some scantily clad boobsicle sexually writhing on the hood. Or maybe just get Ron Paul a Rick Perry wig, that ought to do it.

Unfortunately, appearance will most likely be an obstacle for RP in the general election. I know he probably favors dressing himself, etc. like all of us do, but let's hope he's willing to take some precautions. Especially since Obama has lots of women drooling over him.

V3n
08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Governor Gardasil should be polling at 0% among women! What he pulled down there by requiring the poisoning of young women is the worst Civil Rights abuses in America I've seen in my lifetime! (granted I'm not that old)

..I'm offended as a guy..women need to know what he did! How could any woman ever vote for him?? 23%???

(LINK (http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/08/governor-rick-perrys-.html))

Bruno
08-23-2011, 10:31 AM

It's a good thing we are not running against Enrique Iglesias!

limequat
08-23-2011, 10:31 AM

I get similar shit from the females in my family. To which I reply about how RP has about 197 grandchildren and has been married to Carol for about as many years. If it's a republican leaning she, she's probably pro-life. "Did you know that RP is an OBGYN who has delivered 4000 babies in his lifetime?"

Fight fire with fire.

Working Poor
08-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Governor Gardasil should be polling at 0% among women! What he pulled down there by requiring the poisoning of young women is the worst Civil Rights abuses in America I've seen in my lifetime! (granted I'm not that old)

..I'm offended as a guy..women need to know what he did! How could any woman ever vote for him?? 23%???

(LINK (http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/08/governor-rick-perrys-.html))

You know a lot of people favor vaccines and women are bad about voting for who looks good to them. Ron needs a lot of help with his appearance especially his brow needs to be done by a professional every time he goes before a camera. I am not a person who goes on looks but there are more 'visual' people in this world. In fact because of how romney and perry look makes me distrust the hell out of them.

The Free Hornet
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
With regard to woman voters, the two strongest trends are a 12% drop in Ron Paul Support (Men 21%, Woman 9%) and an 8% bump up for Mitt (Men 16%, Woman 24%). Woman are less likely to support Bachmann by 2% and only 1% more likely to support Perry. Statistical noise.

Two things come to mind with Romney:

1. Money - the guy is bank
2. Romneycare - rich guy medical care - who wouldn't like that plan? (rhetorical question)

So with that in mind, maybe it is best to sell Ron Paul on things like

1. Gold - Ron Paul has made some money here and has been well positioned for a while
(financial security is sexy - not as sexy as insulation but still)
2. *Real* Medical reforms to save money, plans not held hostage by employers, HSAs (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/health-care/).
[Ron Paul has great medical reform talking points]

I hope this is not presumptious in thinking being rich and being known for Romneycare is why Mitt does better, are there other ideas? Neither Texas swagger nor Bachmann's charm (?) is swaying woman voters in great proportion.

ItsTime
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Mr Perry, our daughters are not cattle!

V3n
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
You know a lot of people favor vaccines and women are bad about voting for who looks good to them. Ron needs a lot of help with his appearance especially his brow needs to be done by a professional every time he goes before a camera. I am not a person who goes on looks but there are more 'visual' people in this world. In fact because of how romney and perry look makes me distrust the hell out of them.

You're right.. Polio vaccine - good. Vaccine that KILLS PEOPLE - bad.

But we're the 'early adopters' in here. We were able to see substance over style.. it's hard for me to relate to the 'visual' people because I'm not one of them.
You make very solid points.

Dr. Paul has delivered 4,000 babies... so obviously women liked him enough to put their child's life literally in his hands.. how do we play that up?

pcosmar
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
What a bizarre and convoluted poll question.

"What if neither Sarah Palin and Paul Ryan ran"

WTF is that? They are not running or in the race. They are irrelevant.
Were they just mentioned to skew results?

Frank Luntz (FU Frank) demonstrated just how manipulated Polls are, and yet people fall all over themselves on this manipulated info.

:(

SWATH
08-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I should also clarify that while I know some guys that support Palin/Bachman on their looks, almost every woman I know supports their candidate based on looks. Even most of my aunts, when discussing amongst themselves who they are voting for usually snicker and say "whoever is cuter". I think there is a real social dynamic where women are are given way more leniency in being superficial, (i.e. if society treats them like a ditz they will act like a ditz). It could also be that politics just bores them to death so they don't know anything about it and must go with their default cues for mate selection to determine eligibility. Sort of like the experiment where if you try to sell jewelry for dirt cheap in a gift shop it doesn't sell, but if you take the same jewelry and jack up the price 2-10 fold suddenly it sells like hotcakes. Tourists who don't know how to judge the worth of jewelry tend to base their evaluation of it on pricing cues. Without anything else to go on expensive must be good.

mtmedlin
08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Perry's new boy shine will drop by 4-5% within a month and I dont see Bachman being able to raise enough cash. She may make it to Iowa, but I doubt it. RP will get a bump when Bach is out and Perrys true colors come out. Top 3 in Iowa is a strong possibility.

Havax
08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Looks like nice guys (Ron) do finish last with women. Perhaps they like Rick Perry who will cheat on them with a gay prostitute or Romney who will tell you whatever you want to hear. Sounds about right.

NYgs23
08-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Paul is at a distant 4th among women and a close 2nd among men. It's another poll that makes it really tempting to wish that Nineteenth Amendment had never passed. But maybe they could modify to only allow pro-freedom women (and men) to vote.

kylejack
08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Interesting, when Palin is included in this same poll we drop to 12%. That gives me at least some indication that we're starting to break outside the true libertarian believers demographic into some other voter groups.

Paul is at a distant 4th among women and a close 2nd among men. It's another poll that makes it really tempting to wish that Nineteenth Amendment had never passed. But maybe they could modify to only allow pro-freedom women (and men) to vote.
That's enough of that.

TCE
08-23-2011, 06:34 PM
It's all about feelings and emotions. Women aren't as analytical. Perhaps we can get our guy praising pet shelters or something that gives off that fuzzy feeling. Governor Gardasil should be exposed soon enough.

kylejack
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Enough with the sexist comments. This is not the way to win women to Ron Paul's campaign.

TCE
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Enough with the sexist comments. This is not the way to win women to Ron Paul's campaign.

It's getting to the point where we may not be able to do any worse with women. The campaign needs to look into this and start making some pitches to women. We can't win states solely on the backs of voting males.

kylejack
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Keep in mind that policies can affect men and women in different ways. Republicans are at a natural disadvantage to Democrats because of the abortion issue, and Paul is no exception. There's a lot of women out there who absolutely don't want to see abortion laws returned to the state level.

TCE
08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Keep in mind that policies can affect men and women in different ways. Republicans are at a natural disadvantage to Democrats because of the abortion issue, and Paul is no exception. There's a lot of women out there who absolutely don't want to see abortion laws returned to the state level.

We should be able to get to, minimally, the middle of the pack though in terms of getting the woman vote. There has to be something Romney, Perry, etc are doing to appeal to women. We need to find out what it is and see if we can take advantage of it. I doubt there are millions of GOP women out there thinking, "man, Romney sure is attractive, he's got my vote." There has to be something else there, too. Also, this survey had 54/46 man to woman ratio, not good.

Carehn
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Whatever the campaign is doing in Iowa it is working. We are right where we want to be!

I want to be on top.

limequat
08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I want to be on top.

Are we still talking about women voters?

cero
08-23-2011, 08:20 PM
^^^ lmao