PDA

View Full Version : Community Groups Hit Streets to Protest Crackdown On Flash Mobs

bobbyw24
08-23-2011, 06:48 AM
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Protestors took to South Street Saturday night to voice their displeasure with Philadelphia’s new curfew laws, calling them draconian, and attacks against Democracy.

The community walk against the curfew was designed to draw attention to what the event’s organizers called a war on the African Community, rejecting the claim that the violence of flash mobs is being caused by black youth.

Tommy Joshua, who identified himself as a concerned Philadelphian, likened the situation to martial law. “Can’t be a military solution to a youth problem. Only by joining hands can we change Philadelphia.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/08/21/community-groups-take-to-south-street-to-protest-philadelphias-crackdown-on-flash-mobs/

FSP-Rebel
08-23-2011, 09:20 AM
What are these community groups going to do when they are faced with a mob coming at them? Try to simmer them down? It's a shame that the freedom of the younger good ones are lost via the younger bad ones but do they really want to be out on the street when the bad are on a roll? Clearly, curfews would fall under controlling liberty but I'm not sure there is a more moderate measure to combat these flash mobs w/o inciting violence against them. Schools do nothing to help, obviously the parents/guardians could care less to get the youngsters in line (maybe they have no control over them). W/o the police handling it, next up would be the national guard.

Acala
08-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Armed citizens with the clear right to use force to defend their property would end this crap yesterday. All the flash mod does is take advantage of a flaw we all knew existed in the "government will protect you" myth. As usual, government is the CAUSE of the problem, not the solution.

Cowlesy
08-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey well if these flash mob kids stopping robbing people and stomping innocent people to within inches of their lives, Philadelphia wouldn't have such idiotic rules.

Acala I agree with your point about armed citizens btw. Although I would prefer not to have sling on a heavy battle rifle with 4 magazines and a glock to go buy a Taquito at 7-11. Which is why we pay through the nose for all these cops you can never find when you need them.

Dr.3D
08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey well if these flash mob kids stopping robbing people and stomping innocent people to within inches of their lives, Philadelphia wouldn't have such idiotic rules.

Acala I agree with your point about armed citizens btw. Although I would prefer not to have sling on a heavy battle rifle with 4 magazines and a glock to go buy a Taquito at 7-11. Which is why we pay through the nose for all these cops you can never find when you need them.

They are probably out shooting someones dog or worse, shooting the people who called them. If they were worth their salt, they would be grabbing those flash mob hoods and locking them up.

Working Poor
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
. Although I would prefer not to have sling on a heavy battle rifle with 4 magazines and a glock to go buy a Taquito at 7-11. Which is why we pay through the nose for all these cops you can never find when you need them.

They are out rounding up those dangerous pot smokers.

Dr.3D
08-23-2011, 10:41 AM
They are out rounding up those dangerous pot smokers.

Well, that's not what I'm paying them to do.... guess I should fire them.

Lafayette
08-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Although I would prefer not to have sling on a heavy battle rifle with 4 magazines and a glock to go buy a Taquito at 7-11.

I don't care how heavily armed you are, 7-11 taquitos are nasty

Petar
08-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't care how heavily armed you are, 7-11 taquitos are nasty

It would almost make sense to shoot the taquito.

bobbyw24
08-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Straight up

Pericles
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Acala I agree with your point about armed citizens btw. Although I would prefer not to have sling on a heavy battle rifle with 4 magazines and a glock to go buy a Taquito at 7-11.

I've had a period of time in my life when I carried a rifle everywhere I went. I can easily do that again.