PDA

View Full Version : 11.11.11 Support The Troops Moneybomb planning thread

realtonygoodwin
08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6224/6251775121_84cf6d9f27_z.jpg

Why November 11th?

1. A November 5th Moneybomb is forbidden from being promoted here.
2. November 11th overwhelming beat November 5th in a poll.
3. 11.11.11 and 11-11-11 just look cool.
4. November 11th is Armistice Day/Veteran's Day. The evidence shows that the troops overwhelmingly support Ron Paul over any other candidate. We need to show that we support them supporting Ron Paul.
5. Some voters mistakenly think Ron Paul is against the troops. This will get some positive media and maybe some interviews with Ron Paul showing that this isn't the case.

If you are anti-war or anti-military, consider this a moneybomb to support the troops by bringing them home and not causing them to be out around the world fighting the wars you disagree with.

What can we do?

1. Promote, promote, promote. It appears there will be a Constitution Day Moneybomb and a Black this Out! MoneyBomb prior to this one, as well as a end of quarter push for the last part of September. After those, this moneybomb will need to be pushed hard.
By November, hopefully the voting public will be more engaged into election season. Facebook ads, a website, maybe even Google ads might be a good idea. We need to blitz Youtube, and the entire Internet in order to turn this into a HUGE moneybomb.
Please share any ideas, artwork, websites, videos, or anything else you can in this thread.
WE CAN DO IT!!

hueylong
08-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Veteran's Day is a perfect vehicle for the R3VOLUTION! We get to talk about all the support RP gets from the military. We get to be Patriotic. And we get to raise a whole bunch of $ for Dr. Paul!

Zarn Solen
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Anyone think there should be any significance with the time 11:11?

mport1
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Anyone think there should be any significance with the time 11:11?

Mini bombs from 11am-12pm and 11pm-12am hopefully really exploding around 11:11?

Zarn Solen
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Maybe we shouldn't start at midnight but carry into the next day starting at 11:11?

cero
08-22-2011, 09:44 PM
lol I'm trying to msg the people on RPs facebook. but the thing keeps freezing on me when I click to see all the comments, so I can start pming them in order of the first comment to last.
anyone got any hints on how to better go about this? I'm new to FB

MJU1983
08-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Here is a flyer I put together earlier today:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62880024/DrPaul-VeteransDay

I called it a fundraiser because 'Money Bomb' just doesn't sound right when talking about the military/veterans...I dunno? lol

Paul4Prez
08-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Obviously, the website will prominently feature a picture of the only candidate with military experience, a certain young Air Force captain/flight surgeon.....

realtonygoodwin
08-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Well, Rick Perry was also in the Air Force.

RileyE104
08-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Well, Rick Perry was also in the Air Force.

The funny thing is that when Paul was leaving the Air Force in '68, Perry was trying out to become a cheerleader in college... :D

RonPaul101.com
08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
The funny thing is that when Paul was leaving the Air Force in '68, Perry was trying out to become a cheerleader in college... :D

Was Perry a Democrat or Republican back then...? :rolleyes:

mtmedlin
08-23-2011, 08:07 AM
I would love to see a video of the same quality as "The One" that stresses that RP was in the Air Force and that in 07' he got more money from the Military then any other candidate. Perfect message to push for this event!

realtonygoodwin
08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Definitely need some great videos, but I think a website is important as well.

V3n
08-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul's received more support from military than any other Republican candidate combined - and I know there are tons of tubez out there of military endorsements for Paul - couldn't be too hard to find some new ones to promote this.

realtonygoodwin
08-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Except we can't legally make endorsements.

V3n
08-24-2011, 07:02 AM
I've never served, so I admit I don't know what I'm talking about, and am honestly wondering..

I thought there was a rule against protesting a war in uniform if you are or have ever been in the military.
Are you saying it's against the law as active-duty to endorse a candidate?
Can veterans make endorsements either in uniform or out of uniform?

(I'm sure I've seen veterans endorse Ron Paul in uniform - but they may have been breaking the law - it would certainly do more harm than good to have anyone break the law for a donation video)

erowe1
08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
11/10 is the birthday of the Marine Corps, for whatever that's worth.

realtonygoodwin
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I've never served, so I admit I don't know what I'm talking about, and am honestly wondering..

I thought there was a rule against protesting a war in uniform if you are or have ever been in the military.
Are you saying it's against the law as active-duty to endorse a candidate?
Can veterans make endorsements either in uniform or out of uniform?

(I'm sure I've seen veterans endorse Ron Paul in uniform - but they may have been breaking the law - it would certainly do more harm than good to have anyone break the law for a donation video)

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics.htm

Check out this link, it pretty much lays out what we can and cannot do.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-24-2011, 02:39 PM
11/10 is the birthday of the Marine Corps, for whatever that's worth. "Always Faithful"

trey4sports
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Love the enthusiasm but we need to be focusing on 9-17 right now.

V3n
08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics.htm

Check out this link, it pretty much lays out what we can and cannot do.

Excellent! I appreciate the link.. bookmarked!

Shane Harris
08-24-2011, 04:16 PM
this is going to kick ass

Ronpauljones
08-24-2011, 04:30 PM
How about this praise from the GOP messiah himself...

Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.
-Ronald Reagan

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d9Z09ZcPYSw/R1ydhbF1CaI/AAAAAAAAAAo/gx45CsvAt4Y/S300/ron+paul+air+force.jpg

Ron Paul served as a flight surgeon from 1963 to 1968 in the U.S. Air Force and Air National Guard. Only about 5 percent of congressmen today are veterans, he said.

Paul4Prez
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
September, October, November.... Who says Romney and Perry will be the top fundraisers? They will run out of $2500 check writers soon enough....

parocks
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Definitely need some great videos, but I think a website is important as well.

Watch what's happening with http://blackthisout.com - it is hoped that that site will become versatile enough to become basically a "money bomb" site, and not a site about a specific moneybomb. 111111.com or whatever the best url is could simply be forwarded to the other site. that other moneybomb will be gathering data, email addresses, and the new 111111 addresses would be added to that.

realtonygoodwin
08-30-2011, 10:53 PM
I like the idea of building an email list like that.

eaglesfan48
08-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Time to get the promotional videos started :)

Make sure we shout from the rooftops about how Ron Paul has more military donations than every other candidate combined.

realtonygoodwin
09-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Time to get the promotional videos started :)

Make sure we shout from the rooftops about how Ron Paul has more military donations than every other candidate combined.

Absolutely. Mentioning the fact that that Ron served is also important.

Paul4Prez
09-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Looks like the 11/11/11 money bomb is already named. "Support the Troops" should be acceptable to just about everyone.

Sjmfury
09-03-2011, 12:40 AM
I like it!

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Looks like the 11/11/11 money bomb is already named. "Support the Troops" should be acceptable to just about everyone.

Sounds great to me :)

Tarzan
09-03-2011, 01:51 AM

I do like it.
And now for the big BUT... But, Troops connotes the Army. I think that Sailors, Airmen and even the Marines might feel left out and even offended by the term TROOPS. I hate to make this all politically correct... but, maybe "Support our Service Personnel" or "Support our Military Personnel" might be more in order.

I know that by definition TROOPS can mean any group of things. In my mind it is more specific to the Army.
Perhaps we could get a few folks who are/where in the service to chime in with their thoughts.

I was AF and we were always called Airman or Airmen... but we also flew trained Pterodactyls way back then

realtonygoodwin
09-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Well, I am in the Air Force. Troops can be any military. My supervisor refers to me as his troop. :-)

realtonygoodwin
10-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know anything reason why we wouldn't be able to share the Black THIS Out email list?

acptulsa
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I love the idea of calling it a Veterans' Moneybomb. But I also love the idea of calling it an Armistice Moneybomb, because we're about peace, it's about time we made peace with our detractors (if they'll let us), and because the old folks who should be supporting us in droves know what Armistice Day is, and will be impressed that we do too.

Armistice Day, for you kids who don't know, was the original name of Veterans' Day. It originally commemorated the cease fire of WWI, the overly optimistically nicknamed 'War to End All Wars'.

I also feel strongly that if we can have a left/right armistice and get Americans talking to Americans as Americans instead of worrying about their Ds and Rs, we'd benefit greatly from it. That could be a nice subtext to supporting our present and future veterans.

... but we also flew trained Pterodactyls way back then

lulz Oh come on. The F-4 Boxcar wasn't that bad. :)

orenbus
10-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I like the idea of doing instead of a one day money bomb doing a week long money bomb starting November 4th and ending November 11th that way not only is everyone happy and it's not tied to one specific 24 hour period. Doing it that way would raise more money (since there would be universal support and marketing for this) and stay neutral because the fund raising is over the course of a week and can't be tied to one specific date. We could even call it "Patriots Week" or "A Week of Remembrance" something that also celebrates our right to elections (Election Day November 8th) and a number of other Patriotic dates in our history:

# November 04, 1845 The first nationally observed uniform election day in US
# November 04, 1924 Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected as the first female governor in the United States.
# November 04, 1980 Ronald Reagan (R) beats President Jimmy Carter (R) by a landslide
# November 04, 1980 Ronald Wilson Reagan is elected as the 40th President of the United States of America.

# November 05, 1781 John Hanson elected first "President of the US in Congress assembled"
(The Articles of Confederation called for Congress to meet "on the first Monday in November, in every year....") On November 5, 1781, John Hanson of Maryland became the first President of Congress to be elected to an annual term as specified under the Articles of Confederation

# November 06, 1860 Abraham Lincoln (R-Ill-Rep) elected 16th President

# November 07, 1805 Lewis and Clark sight the Pacific Ocean
# November 07, 1874 The first cartoon depicting elephant as Republican Party symbol, by T Nast
# November 07, 1893 Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote.
# November 07, 1916 Jeannette Rankin is the first women elected to the United States Congress.
# November 07, 1932 Buck Rogers in the 25th Century airs on radio for the first time. :)
# November 07, 1973 NJ becomes first state to allow girls into the little league

# November 08, 1864 Abraham Lincoln elected to his 2nd term as President
# November 08, 1889 Montana becomes the 41st state of the Union.
# November 08, 1942 WWII Operation Torch begins as U.S. and British forces land in French North Africa.
# November 08, 1966 Edward W Brooke (Rep-R-MA) becomes first black elected to Senate
# November 08, 1966 Movie actor Ronald Reagan elected governor of California
# November 09, 1989 Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to freely travel to West Germany. People start demolishing the Berlin Wall.

# November 10, 1928 Playing against Army at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne gives what is considered the greatest locker room speeches of all time by saying "Win one for the Gipper." The Fighting Irish would win the game 12-6.
# November 10, 1775 Birth of the United States Marine Corps! OORAH! - USA
November 10, 1938 Kate Smith, on her weekly radio show, sings Irving Berlin's God Bless America for the first time.
# November 10, 1951 Direct long-distance dialing between the east and west coasts of the U.S. begins today with a call between the mayors of Englewood, NJ and Alameda, CA.

# November 11, 1839 The Virginia Military Institute is founded in Lexington, Virginia.
# November 11, 1865 Mary Edward Walker, the first female Army surgeon, awarded Medal of Honor
# November 11, 1918 World War I ends: Germany signs an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside of Compigne in France. The war officially stops at 11:00 (The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month).
# November 11, 1921 The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
# November 11, 1922 Largest US flag displayed (150' X 90') expanded in 1939 (270' X 90')
# November 11, 1983 President Reagan became first US President to address Japan's legislature

http://www.datesinhistory.com/nov04.php
http://www.datesinhistory.com/nov11.php

I agree pinning us down to Veterans day is going to end up costing the campaign probably millions of dollars, but then again I also understand the other side of the argument we don't want to be tied to November 5th as tightly for reasons of potentially harming the campaign through misinterpretation of the even through public relations, because of other groups possibly doing other things that day such as Anonymous, etc.

Also lately it seems our money bombs at the request of the campaign has spilled over at minimum a few hours to a entire weekend to reach a specific goal whether it's going past $1 million, etc. So doing a week long fund raising event isn't really that foreign or strange and remember we are the dreamers of dreams. Who ever said a money bomb needed to be just a 24 hour period?

Because every sub group in the grassroots would be able to enjoy this week of fund raising it gives them the flexibility to independently decide to promote it and have fun while doing it which means more visibility and promotion which in return brings in millions of more dollars to the campaign.

acptulsa
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Support the Troops is a good cliche, but still a cliche. And we could be accused of being misleading, as 'if we get him elected there will be peace and our forces will be in much less needless danger' is a valid argument in my opinion, but if this moeny doesn't go straight to organizations that directly serve vets someone is sure to accuse us of being misleading.

linusPAULing
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Support the Troops is a good cliche, but still a cliche. And we could be accused of being misleading, as 'if we get him elected there will be peace and our forces will be in much less needless danger' is a valid argument in my opinion, but if this moeny doesn't go straight to organizations that directly serve vets someone is sure to accuse us of being misleading.

My favorite proposed name is 'Bring the Troops Home' MB.

acptulsa
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM

That is a good one. That's part of the reason I suggested Armistice or Armistice Day Moneybomb. It's a subtle way to suggest that very thing. An armistice is a thing worth celebrating, now as then. Sometimes I wonder if people have forgotten that.

tremendoustie
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Why November 11th?
1. A November 5th Moneybomb is forbidden from being promoted here.

Do you mean on this thread (makes sense), or on this website (makes no sense)? I'm not trying to sidetrack, but this first point surprised and confused me.

realtonygoodwin
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
On this forum.

RonPaul101.com
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Perfect name for it.

linusPAULing
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
That is a good one. That's part of the reason I suggested Armistice or Armistice Day Moneybomb. It's a subtle way to suggest that very thing. An armistice is a thing worth celebrating, now as then. Sometimes I wonder if people have forgotten that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oSpeZZFFMT0

acptulsa
10-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Well, whatever it's called, 11/11/11 is the perfect day for it.

sailingaway
10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking maybe we should plan this in the fundraising subforum so it doesn't reduce the urgency for BTO for people who just drop by.

I'm glad people are getting going on it though.

zerosdontcount
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
BRING THE TROOPS HOME - Money BOMB! Love it ;)

idiom
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Except we can't legally make endorsements.

You can't legally invaded a bunch of places either :P

sailingaway
10-11-2011, 05:38 PM
We could Make something of the name
Bomb' as in, 'This bomb is to bring them home....'

Or maybe not? Not sure.

But I'm going to move this to the fundraising section for tonight and the post debate bump of new folks we want to donate on the 19th. I like Armistace Day, fwiw

acptulsa
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Or maybe not? Not sure.

The holiday was created to commemorate the end of The War to End All Wars...

The Bomb To End All Bombs

sailingaway
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
The holiday was created to commemorate the end of The War to End All Wars...

The Bomb To End All Bombs

Oooooohh....!

And now I'm really going to move it.....

Arklatex
10-11-2011, 05:55 PM
11/11/11 is supposed to be a very very very unusual galactic planetary alignment.

linusPAULing
10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
We could Make something of the name
Bomb' as in, 'This bomb is to bring them home....'

Or maybe not? Not sure.

But I'm going to move this to the fundraising section for tonight and the post debate bump of new folks we want to donate on the 19th. I like Armistace Day, fwiw

My concern about Armistice Day MB is that too many people are going to have to research what the name even means, which is the last thing you want. The goal should be to use a name that not only people immediately understand but aslo make an immediate emotional connection with.

I can't even think of a name that unites all RP supporters from left to right more than 'Bring the Troops Home'. Can you imagine the potential for promotional videos? It's vast! It will be very easy to produce heart-felt, emotionally-gripping videos that inspire the entire Revolution.

linusPAULing
10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I think it's a little unfortunate that this thread was moved before we at least came to a consensus on a name. Time is short and this MB really needs a name so people can start preparing. There are barely 3 weeks between 10-19 and 11-11.

jasonxe
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
1.1 mil goal?

Naraku
10-12-2011, 09:54 AM
My concern about Armistice Day MB is that too many people are going to have to research what the name even means, which is the last thing you want.

I think most people will recognize that it is taking place on Veteran's Day and quickly find out that Armistice Day was the original name. However, perhaps it should be something with the word Peace in it like "Moneybomb for Peace" or something similar. One tag line for it could be something like "the best way to support our troops is to stop wasting their lives in offensive wars and military occupations."

realtonygoodwin
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I think the concern shouldn't be uniting Ron Paul supporters, it should be using this as a medium to gain traction among other Republican voters. The message out there is that Ron Paul (and his supporters) are anti-military. The "Support Our Troops" moneybomb would help negate some of that. As they learn that the best way to support the troops is to support the candidate the troops OVERWHELMINGLY support, perhaps they will be opened up to the message.

Feeding the Abscess
10-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll sit the Veterans Day Bomb out. I simply cannot stand the vile and disgusting rhetoric used by the majority of people who use the slogan "Support Our Troops," and I refuse to take part in or legitimize that sentiment.

Gage
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
http://vetsforpaul.com

teacherone
10-12-2011, 01:19 PM

wow! beautiful!

did you make that?

teacherone
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
as well as his admirable principles that have earned him the title as the "Champion of the Constitution." It's time to bring the troops home.
can i suggest you change this text?

something like: it's time for our troops to protect our own nation and borders and to stop rebuilding nations abroad.

realtonygoodwin
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Could you consider adding the new ad as well?

IndianaPolitico
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
We need something like the "black out bars". I think I have an idea. Why not put those yellow "support the troops" ribbons on our profile pics. Have them say something like, "Bring them Home! 11-11-11 Money Bomb".

What do you think?

Shane Harris
10-16-2011, 04:13 PM
We need something like the "black out bars". I think I have an idea. Why not put those yellow "support the troops" ribbons on our profile pics. Have them say something like, "Bring them Home! 11-11-11 Money Bomb".

What do you think?

i agree we need to learn and analyze what has made BTO such a success already and rinse and repeat with our future moneybombs.

Tinnuhana
10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
How about Just Come Home? And since it's in association with Armistice Day, instead of a bomb, you could have Fireworks...several days, culminating in the traditional finale, on whichever date suits you. So you could start the whole thing on 11-11-11 (Does this remind anyone of SNL's Herman Cain at the Marriott debate?) and go a week, or you could end on that date.
Also, on the donation form, there could be a place to check off if the person is a veteran (or, if legal, active duty). then set the ticker so that whenever that kind of donation is made, fireworks explode all over the place when the name is shown (or whatever can be legally done for active duty, like: another active duty "whatever branch".

realtonygoodwin
10-16-2011, 07:17 PM

What do you think?

Hmmm, that is a clever idea. October 20th we could start putting them up.

realtonygoodwin
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Something like this??

LatinsforPaul
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I thought we were doing a "Bring them all Home" Moneybomb on Veterans Day?

realtonygoodwin
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
To me that takes away from the message and turns off the establishment GOP voters we need to reach. Enough of this preaching to the choir stuff, we need to seriously expand our support.

IndianaPolitico
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Something like this??

Yes, something like that. I would put "Bring them Home" or something like that on the ribbon as well.

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Could this thread get moved back to Grassroots Central, please?

parocks
10-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Could this thread get moved back to Grassroots Central, please?

Yes it should. There are a lot of threads popping up, pretending that we're just discussing this for the first time.

As I understand it - we're tweaking from this

http://vetsforpaul.com/
Ron Paul's Veterans Day Moneybomb 11.11.11
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311272-11.11.11-Support-The-Troops-Moneybomb-planning-thread
Support The Troops Moneybomb

IndianaPolitico
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Time to move this to Grassroots central, and to kick this into high gear! Do we have an official pledge site yet?

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
A 1.1 million dollar goal seems reasonable to me.

seawolf
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Based on 1) the success of the second day of the BTO Money Bomb $292,743.23 raised on Thursday Oct 20th and 2) the fact that one can no longer trust that another lengthy Campaign Ticker Computer Glitch will not occur again, I would ask that any future Money Bombs should be 48 Hours in length.

This will mitigate any Computer failures (ie. bandwith collaspe) and allow more funds to be raised for the Campaign (especially this quarter).

Recommend Friday November 11th thru Saturday Midnight November 12th.....

Any thoughts????

linusPAULing
10-21-2011, 03:05 PM
To me that takes away from the message and turns off the establishment GOP voters we need to reach. Enough of this preaching to the choir stuff, we need to seriously expand our support.

The point of the money bomb is to raise money from the choir in order to pay for advertising that seriously expands our support from establishment GOP voters. Thus, it is extremely important to motivate the choir with a message they emotionally relate to. For this reason Bring Them Home is my favorite choice of theme.

rideurlightning
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Let's get cracking.

MrAustin
10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
"Support Our Troops Money Bomb"

I think this has much more potential to go viral and therefore to raise more money for the campaign.

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

realtonygoodwin
10-21-2011, 03:49 PM
"Support Our Troops Money Bomb"

I think this has much more potential to go viral and therefore to raise more money for the campaign.

1. This phrase resonates well with most Americans AND it evokes a strong emotional response.
2. It evokes an even STRONGER emitonal response with Ron Paul's base (us) becuase we know that supporting troops is not the same thing as supporting unconstitutional wars.
3. We stick it to the propaganda machine (who created that phrase) by stealing thier phrase and launching a nationwide campaign around it: A campaign to teach people how to REALLY support our troops. We re-define and re-brand thier phrase, just like they re-branded and re-defined our Tea Party.

Bottom line:

If we promote this just right, I bet people who are NOT Ron Paul supporters will STILL want to share the videos. Why fight against the (well intentioned) patriotism of the general public? Why not use it? Why not tap into it? We all feel patriotism, and so does everyone else. Let's focus on helping poeple understand what true patriotism is, rather than try to separate them from somthing that runs very deep with most people.

I love the other ideas, but they will not go viral. "Support our Troops" (right around veterans day!!!!!) COULD go viral. We just need to sprinkle a little education/information on top. Ride the wave!

THIS x1776

realtonygoodwin
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Lets try to keep the planning in here, folks.

FBappDev
10-26-2011, 06:53 PM
This is a critical graphic to develop media, especially fb media for the 11-11-11 MoneyBomb, http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Ron-Paul-Military-Donations.jpg

1. It ranks very highly in Google for many phrases that would be used to search to confirm Military Donations.

It says "If the Military is donating more to Ron Paul ... then don't you support the Troops?"

It's an excellent graphic all the way around and works GREAT in the fb Photo Strips, it's a great tagger.

Build around this graphic and you'll have a winner.

I've made an "END the WARS (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.131317706973174.21093.111744825597129&type=3)" facebook profile BANNER, using this graphic in one of the photo strip slots.

There are some very nice bar charts available as well, these need to be incorporated into graphics for social network deployment.

Perhaps the PIE CHART laid upon a YELLOW RIBBON would be a real whammy graphic.

TexMac
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Here's an interesting factoid: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contriball.php?cycle=2012 Notice who Ron's top 3 donor groups are, then look at the others.

FBappDev
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
i agree we need to learn and analyze what has made BTO such a success already and rinse and repeat with our future moneybombs.

IMHO, BTO was effective because it was interactive. People posted profile pictures on fb "EN MASSE" with the blackout bar over their eyes.

Interaction is the key, fb recently started supplying Community Pages with Insight - Interaction Metric data for this very reason. Interaction is King on the web and everybody has always strived for postitive interaction.

TexMac
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM
IMHO, BTO was effective because it was interactive. People posted profile pictures on fb "EN MASSE" with the blackout bar over their eyes.

Interaction is the key, fb recently started supplying Community Pages with Insight - Interaction Metric data for this very reason. Interaction is King on the web and everybody has always strived for postitive interaction.

Any suggestion as to what we can do to make it interactive?

FBappDev
10-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Any suggestion as to what we can do to make it interactive?

I'm making seamless, white background fb profile banners. Users who want the profile banner on their INFO and WALL pages, (at the top in their 5 "Photo Strip" image slots), will have to tag themselves, in the proper order with the banner pieces. People often ask one another for help with the tagging, even though clear, explicit instructions are on each of the 5 "banner pieces".

Users who successfully tag a Ron Paul profile banner (http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBanners) to their profile "photo strip" often get glowing compliments on the banner posted to their wall by friends.

I'm making a fb_pb that reproduces the 11-11-11 STN media and will salt the pieces of the banner, inside the banner album with the URL to the pledge widget or an Event that pushes them to the widget.

fb profile banners can be implemented to encourage a great deal of interaction.

raiders can tag all their friends with the STN_11-11-11_MB banner, they can tag Community Pages, etc ...

tagging, sharing and uploading and publishing banner pieces when a user functions as a "banner album host", pushes the pieces into News Feeds, this promotes curious clicks which lead to the salted URL's in the descriptions and comments of the banner pieces.

* I will be reproducing the 11-11-11 STN_MB media as a seamless, white background profile banner for promotions and testing during the MB cycle.

FBappDev
11-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Please refer to post #87

TexMac
11-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Here is the first:

MONEYBOMB-facebook profile banner (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.133475910090687.21764.111744825597129&type=1).

Please browse the images in the album and inspect the copy applied to the album and to each piece of the album. Take special notice of the first "comment" that is seeded on the album, the album cover and on each "banner piece".

Tag each other with this profile banner and then set your privacy settings so that tags applied to you must be reviewed. This will allow you to maintain the banner on your INFO and your WALL pages of your personal profile(s).

UNTAG yourself, and RETAG yourself so that you REPUBLISH the banner to your News Feed. Tag yourself with a second and a third version of the MONEYBOMB banner, to push that new banner into your News Feeds. Any banner you tag yourself with, or tag another with, or tag a community page with will of course remain in their tagged pictures section of their Photo Albums section.

The banner pieces will flow into your News Feeds when you tag yourself, or into the feeds of others when you tag them with the banner.

=========================================

If you download the Album, so that you are an "Album Host", you MUST reproduce the album EXACTLY as you see the album at the mother page that hosts the original album.

It is super-critical that you put the URL, http://www.supportthemnow.com in the appropriate places so that each piece of the banner including the "cover" will function to push facebook users who click the pieces of the banner, tag themselves with the pieces, view the album, or however they interact with the album will see the link and be able to click that link so that they arrive at http://www.supportthemnow.com

Also important !

The - "Where: Where was this photo taken?" - section of each banner piece in the album that you host in your photo albums on your personal profile or album host in your community page's photo section, needs to point to the facebook site where this album originates-> http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBanners

Ron Paul facebook profile banners are available at: http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBanners and those that click into the banner pieces will be exposed to that media as well.

This is the first, facebook profile banner that has been used for these purposes, I welcome feedback on any detail of the album, it's notations, or the design of the images themselves.

If necessary I will start a new thread and use this post as the OP.
Wait! There's been a redesign of the site! http://supportthemnow.com/

C (http://supportthemnow.com/)an you switch out the images?

ETA: Banner is fixed, looks good!

FBappDev
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Wait! There's been a redesign of the site! http://supportthemnow.com/

C (http://supportthemnow.com/)an you switch out the images?

Here is the NEW MONEYBOMB-facebook profile banner (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.133572196747725.21797.111744825597129&type=1)

In the style of the pledge banner on RPF at this time, and the supporThemNow.com website:

MONEYBOMB-facebook profile banner (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.133572196747725.21797.111744825597129&type=1).

Please browse the images in the album and inspect the copy applied to the album and to each piece of the album. Take special notice of the first "comment" that is seeded on the album, the album cover and on each "banner piece".

Tag each other with this profile banner and then set your privacy settings so that tags applied to you must be reviewed. This will allow you to maintain the banner on your INFO and your WALL pages of your personal profile(s).

UNTAG yourself, and RETAG yourself so that you REPUBLISH the banner to your News Feed. Tag yourself with a second and a third version of the MONEYBOMB banner, to push that new banner into your News Feeds. Any banner you tag yourself with, or tag another with, or tag a community page with will of course remain in their tagged pictures section of their Photo Albums section.

The banner pieces will flow into your News Feeds when you tag yourself, or into the feeds of others when you tag them with the banner.

If you download the Album, so that you are an "Album Host", you MUST reproduce the album EXACTLY as you see the album at the mother page that hosts the original album.

It is super-critical that you put the URL, http://www.supportthemnow.com in the appropriate places so that each piece of the banner including the "cover" will function to push facebook users who click the pieces of the banner, tag themselves with the pieces, view the album, or however they interact with the album will see the link and be able to click that link so that they arrive at http://www.supportthemnow.com

Also important !

The - "Where: Where was this photo taken?" - section of each banner piece in the album that you host in your photo albums on your personal profile or album host in your community page's photo section, needs to point to the facebook site where this album originates-> http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBanners

Ron Paul facebook profile banners are available at: http://www.facebook.com/RonPaulBanners and those that click into the banner pieces will be exposed to that media as well.

This is the first, facebook profile banner that has been used for these purposes, I welcome feedback on any detail of the album, it's notations, or the design of the images themselves.

If necessary I will start a new thread and use this post as the OP.

Chainspell
11-05-2011, 05:27 PM
just saw this ad on examiner.com!

http://i44.tinypic.com/bdqu0p.jpg

FBappDev
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Banner Album (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.134891879949090.22168.111744825597129&type=1)

seawolf
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I received the Veteran's Day Money Bomb Update E-Mail #1 November 9th at 5:22 p.m. PST.

While is was just a little late, the product was outstanding and really hit the mark!!! Let's all work tomorrow and if necessary all weekend to promote the hell out of this Event. Ron Paul is now millions behind in fund raisinbg to Herman Cain this quarter (since 1 October).

The RP Grassroots need to kick it into high gear at midnight tonight!!!!!

revgen
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Amount: $20.12
Transaction ID: 5RA27751D6414103D
Transaction date/time: 2011-11-10 23:54:20