PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Caption Contest

BuddyRey
11-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Most of these are terrible, but at least we can pick the least abhorrent one.

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=v&m=91374

schmeisser
11-03-2007, 07:25 PM
I like:

"When I squeeze Big Government this small, it disappears - poof! - like a black hole!" (weatherman45)

nullvalu
11-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I like:

"When I squeeze Big Government this small, it disappears - poof! - like a black hole!" (weatherman45)

yep that one got my vote

although "Maybe, but if the snowball was THIS big, wouldn't it stand a slightly *better* chance in hell?" was kinda funny.

Roxi
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
but seriously i had to choose this one:

Because of spamming by Ron Paul fans, this caption is going to win by 58,000 votes.

Tina
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm not voting for this one for obvious reasons, but I thought it was quite funny.

"There is a great disturbance in cyberspace. Somewhere, on some 24-hour cable news network's website, an online poll is happening. Go, my legion! Click! Vote! WIN!!!!"

cac1963
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't see any captions on that page.... did they delete them? Or am I just not allowed to see them with some kind of browser misconfiguration or something?

There are two comments at the bottom of the page, one by ladyliberty something and a blank one by mrjohn.

So... where are the captions?

jmarinara
11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm not voting for this one for obvious reasons, but I thought it was quite funny.

"There is a great disturbance in cyberspace. Somewhere, on some 24-hour cable news network's website, an online poll is happening. Go, my legion! Click! Vote! WIN!!!!"

Yes, that was hillarious. I of course voted for the small government one, but I'm still laughing at this one.

lasenorita
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I thought most of those were pretty funny. The snowball especially. I feel terrible now. :p

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't 'get' the RuPaul '08 joke ... there was a (malicious?) prankster on Wikipedia who kept re-directing Ron Paul's article to a drag performer named RuPaul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul). I remember seeing it because it was my very first time looking up Ron Paul on Wikipedia. I was kinda taken aback that someone of that, erm, persuasion had an avalanche of supporters. ;)