PDA

View Full Version : New member here!

Phil
08-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Where should I start?

My name is Phil, I live in Massachusetts. No, I'm not really a doctor, it's just a nickname. I'm 18 years old and will be attending college this fall, majoring in Mathematics.

I've been a Ron Paul supporter and Libertarian for almost two years once I learned the truth. The 2012 elections and primaries will be the first elections I can participate in, and I can't wait.

Want to know more about me? Alright, I've been playing guitar for almost five years and love it. If you're curious as to what guitar I have, it's an Ibanez RGT42MDX with white Dimarzio Evolution pickups (unlike the black ones in this picture: http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/00067018.jpg). I played WoW on and off for the last few years, but recently quit for good because college is coming up really soon.

I really got into politics after the 2008 elections, after hearing about Ron Paul through my homeroom and freshman history teacher, a Libertarian himself. I've done a lot of research since I was enlightened and I now know where I stand.

Any other questions? Ask!

civusamericanus
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined RPF's. You'll normally see it posted here, before it even makes it to facebook! Do they have a YAL chapter at the college you'll be attending?

torchbearer
08-22-2011, 05:05 PM
I was first introduced to libertarian ideas by a physics teacher in high school.
How did your teacher slip in ron paul?

LibertyEagle
08-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi, Phil. Welcome. :)

Phil
08-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Welcome! Glad you joined RPF's. You'll normally see it posted here, before it even makes it to facebook! Do they have a YAL chapter at the college you'll be attending?
There isn't one at the community college I'm going to for the next two years but there is one at the state school I'll probably be going to after.

I was first introduced to libertarian ideas by a physics teacher in high school.
How did you teacher slip in ron paul?
We went through our lessons pretty quick so we had a lot of extra time. He had us take a few political quizzes and talked about policies a lot. The one thing I remember most is when he brought all his credit cards in and cut them up in front of us, haha!

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Very cool guitar and welcome!Are you in a band?

I want to get a Gibson Firebird with 3 humbucking pickups sometime..or an ES335(way out of my price range)

This is a picture of my 1979 Gibson Les Paul( I had to refinish the wood so the logo isn't there) with non-stock tuners, T90 Jimmy Page hot ceramic humbucking pickups installed. Doesn't look fancy or have an arch-top but its got some mad tone range:D.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/9bf51f49.jpg

Phil
08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Very cool guitar and welcome!Are you in a band?

I want to get a Gibson Firebird with 3 humbucking pickups sometime..or an ES335(way out of my price range)

This is a picture of my 1979 Gibson Les Paul( I had to refinish the wood so the logo isn't there) with non-stock tuners, T90 Jimmy Page hot ceramic humbucking pickups installed. Doesn't look fancy or have an arch-top but its got some mad tone range:D.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/9bf51f49.jpg

Nope, not in a band. I'm just a casual player, I don't consider myself any good, though people say I am haha.

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
If you have talent don't waste it!Develop it.

Phil
08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
If you have talent don't waste it!Develop it.

I'd rather be an Engineer or Astrophysicist :P

talkingpointes
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Welcome kind sir. Enjoy your stay, did you prior to Ron Paul have other political opinions or thoughts?

Narmical
08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Glad your on board. You will be amazed at just how many people hate liberty at college.

Phil
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome kind sir. Enjoy your stay, did you prior to Ron Paul have other political opinions or thoughts?

My family never used the "D" or "R" words so I was never swayed to one side. I remember elementary school someone did a poll on who you wanted to be president in the 2000 election and I said Bush not knowing any better or caring at all because I was so young. I don't remember anything special about the 2004 election but I remember in the 2008 election that I supported Obama because he was a Democrat I wanted us out of Afghanistan and Iraq and I knew Bush was a Republican.