PDA

View Full Version : Keeping an open mind about candidates

gerryb
08-22-2011, 03:06 PM
The media constantly tells us Ron Paul is unelectable.

I suggest we need to keep an open mind due to this, and keep an eye towards other candidates, to be informed about them.

To be informed, I've signed up at the campaign websites of most of the other campaigns. Often they send me flyers in the mail to further inform me about their campaigns.

h ttp://www.mittromney.com/user/register
h ttp://www.michelebachmann.com/volunteer/
h ttp://www.jon2012.com/volunteer

Some candidates advertise on google, which is a convenient way to learn about their campaigns.
h ttp://www.google.com/search?q=rick+santorum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Acala
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
The media constantly tells us Ron Paul is unelectable.

I suggest we need to keep an open mind due to this, and keep an eye towards other candidates in case we need to vote for them.

To be informed, I've signed up at the campaign websites of most of the other campaigns. Often they send me flyers in the mail to further inform me about their campaigns.

h ttp://www.mittromney.com/user/register
h ttp://www.michelebachmann.com/volunteer/

Some candidates advertise on google, which is a convenient way to learn about their campaigns.
h ttp://www.google.com/search?q=rick+santorum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Is this a joke?

specsaregood
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Is this a joke?

It isn't a "joke"; but it isn't entirely serious either. Think about it....

Kylie
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Uh, no thanks?

I don't think you get it, dude.

I don't speak for everyone, but I'm not voting for anyone BUT Ron Paul.

All the others in the game are more of the same, all have compromised their principles.

Kylie
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Wait, I get it.

Why are we not doing this ourselves?

Duh.

ItsTime
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
It is a good idea to be plugged into other campaigns.

amy31416
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
It isn't a "joke"; but it isn't entirely serious either. Think about it....

(_Y_)

RonPaulCult
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I didn't sign up for anything related to Mitt Romney but somehow I got this VERY VERY nice piece of mail from his campaign on very expensive looking paper asking for money. I mean, this was the nicest, most expensive looking paper I have ever seen. Must be nice to have some Mitt money.

freshjiva
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Uh, no thanks?

All the others in the game are more of the same, all have compromised their principles.

See this post:

I didn't sign up for anything related to Mitt Romney but somehow I got this VERY VERY nice piece of mail from his campaign on very expensive looking paper asking for money. I mean, this was the nicest, most expensive looking paper I have ever seen. Must be nice to have some Mitt money.

I agree with gerryb. Signing up on Romney, Perry and Bachmann's sites is a great way to learn more about them. Clicking on their targeted ads on the internet also will take you to highly informational material about the candidates.

Every Ron Paul supporter should learn more about other candidates in this manner.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I would love to flash mob another campaign's rally. I.E, we all wear Mitt Romney t-shirts then take them off to reveal another shirt under that that says Ron Paul :D

AGRP
08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1040687184874&id=d4af8afcf2b3916f37a41b2634d6cfc0&url=http%3a%2f%2fwtfcontent.com%2fimg%2f1301994279 25.jpg

fisharmor
08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice. I'm gonna do this.
I've been meaning to buy a woodburning stove, you know.

DamianTV
08-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Uh, no thanks?

When we subscribe, we subscribe to lies and falsehoods. We take the first step towards embracing false truths and misconception. I dont believe we need to sign up for more junk info than we already get on the Idiot Box (TV) and pollute our minds even more.

What I do believe is we need to re-discover how to live in a Society that embraces Freedom and Liberty as the foundations for its principles, Non Intervention and Non Aggression at the very Core of our moral fiber. We should be utilizing our time to learn about things that will help us maintain that Freedom. We should be studying Austrian Economics. We should be planting our own Gardens. We should be learning how to fix our own cars and repair our homes. We should be doing everything we can to break our Cycle of Dependancy on the State.

And most of all, we should be helping our Neighbors to do the same.

Imaginos
08-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Give me Dr. Paul or death.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Give me Dr. Paul or death.

They wouldn't hesitate, sadly :(

TCE
08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Could also be to make them waste funds. If you sign-up for the paper mail stuff, it costs them money. Imagine if 100 of us did that to all of the candidates we aren't supporting. I'm sure the money would add up over time.

gerryb
08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Could also be to make them waste funds. If you sign-up for the paper mail stuff, it costs them money. Imagine if 100 of us did that to all of the candidates we aren't supporting. I'm sure the money would add up over time.

Just added Huntman's info to the OP.

29 folks have voted no.. they should change this!

100? Imagine if 20,000 of us did this... We would all have the information we need mailed to us in order to make informed choices =)

freshjiva
08-22-2011, 07:17 PM
All 33 of you who voted no in this poll should think long and hard about the benefits of subscribing to Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann's respective websites and receiving important literature from them in the mail.

Life should be a lifelong journey of learning. Why stop learning?

Hint: gerryb and I have a combined 2000 posts on RPF. I think you all should know who we support in 2012. Now think about why we're asking people to "keep an open mind" and subscribe to various candidates websites to learn about their campaign pledges via mailed literature from their respective camps. Every RPFer and DPer should do this.

amyre
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Ummmm.....no. I'd have to disregard my consciousness and throw everything I believe in to the wayside. Not to mention, every time I see another politician or hear them talk or read something they write I want to claw out my eyeballs or pull all my hair out. But I respect where you're coming from, and I really do love to learn. Unfortunately, I know all I need to know about the other candidates.

Tarzan
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
I have no idea as to the OPs thinking. But, here is my take:

Sun Tzu told us to "know your enemy" This message has been repeated throughout history by others. How better to fight (and defeat) an enemy than to know their tactics and positions.

TCE
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I voted no originally, but I am going to sign-up for the reasons stated above. Seriously, it's not like we're going to go over to the dark side by looking over what they're doing, and hey, I want fancy Mittens Mailings sent to my house. And think on a grander scale. All of these people will have our addresses, so they'll waste money on their establishment candidates for years to come. That can seriously make a financial dent while our liberty candidates have plenty of money to take them on. They will never figure out the leak where all their money is going.

Corydoras
08-23-2011, 12:00 AM
I get enough mail to wade through from my state GOP already.