PDA

View Full Version : Good time to show up at the rally?

Mandrik
11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. This will be my first political rally ever, so I'm glad I waited for the best candidate. I usually work both my jobs on Saturday, but I'm already off, so I'm psyched.

I've been a bit curious about when will be a good time to show up. I live in York, Pa which is only about a 2.5 hour drive. I was thinking of getting up at 7, eating some breakfast, then hitting the road by 7:30-8. I know the rally doesn't start until 1PM, but I imagine a lot will be going on.

What time does stuff usually start happening? Obviously the highlight will be RP's speech, but are people planning on getting there really early to set up booths, hand out slim jims, etc? I'm a member of my local Meet-up, but I've never attended a meeting due to conflicting work schedule + raising toddlers. I've pretty much been doing stuff on my own (hanging signs, leaving RP cards everywhere I go, talking about RP to everyone I know, etc).

I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to help out with stuff if anything is planned before 1PM. I just don't really know where to start or look, other than these forums. :)

brandon
11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
There will be things happening before the rally. I dont know exactly what yet. There may be a fundraiser before the rally.

Join the 972 meetup group to stay informed about what we will be doing before the rally.

Mandrik
11-03-2007, 06:36 PM
There will be things happening before the rally. I dont know exactly what yet. There may be a fundraiser before the rally.

Join the 972 meetup group to stay informed about what we will be doing before the rally.

Done, thanks!

StumbleBum7
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey man im a member of the york meetup group. Maybe we will see you there. Hopefully at some point you can attend a meeting. At mondays meeting one of things were going over is rides and when we will go. I think im also gonna make some stencil for some big tyvak signs around york, Revolution ones and Ron Paul President 2008 so maybe you'll see some around soon enough hopefully :)

drexhex
11-04-2007, 03:46 PM
I know there's a group of people (including myself) who will be posting fliers all over center city for the rally starting around 9AM.