PDA

View Full Version : OnTheIssues Vote Match

limequat
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz2010.asp?quiz=Pres2012

I will assume that I know who the first match is for you. Who is the second best match?

Poll coming...

CaptUSA
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Gary Johnson for me... Then, Rudy Ghouliani!! WHAT?!

EDIT: That was 2nd and 3rd... Of course Paul was first.

limequat
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
According to ontheisssues, Johnson is actually a poor match for me. I think it's the way they do their scoring, like Oppose vs Strong Oppose doesn't give credit.

jonhowe
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I got Johnson... then Nader?

Edit: After Ron, of course.

Icymudpuppy
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM
That quiz is much shorter than the one they had back in 2007.

I got Ron Paul 80% match back then. Now he's only 55%. Still my top man.

suoulfrepus
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Johnson is second, followed by Gingrich and Bachmann.

silentshout
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Lol, my top three matches are

1 ralph Nader (wasn't aware that he was running lol)
2 Ron Paul
3 Obama

Edit: actually my#1 spot is a tie between Nader and Paul.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Ron Paul
Nader
Gulianni lmao

Feeding the Abscess
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Guys like Timothy Johnson, from Illinois, and Walter Jones have inaccurate/old information on their records. Doesn't apply in this specific case, but they'd be scored more libertarian if their more recent foreign and domestic policy stances were represented.

Ron got the highest economic score, and second highest social score. Nader was second, mostly thanks to a high matching social score.

Narmical
08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
According to ontheisssues, Johnson is actually a poor match for me. I think it's the way they do their scoring, like Oppose vs Strong Oppose doesn't give credit.

I agree, the matches are scored weird.

Also the issue statements a feel are inadequate. Some are beliefs (like the abortion question) and some are political actions (like the immigration question). I would have liked to see them all be consistant.

Think of it this way, "Abortion is a woman's right" Ron Paul would oppose. "The federal government not write laws concerning abortion" Ron Paul would support. His personal beliefs don't match his political will in that case. Just my thoughts.

bluesc
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
1. Ron Paul
2. Bobby Jindal
3. Newt Gingrich

... Pawlenty, Santorum and Perry occupy the next 3. WHAT?!

Never!

Brett85
08-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Think of it this way, "Abortion is a woman's right" Ron Paul would oppose. "The federal government not write laws concerning abortion" Ron Paul would support. His personal beliefs don't match his political will in that case. Just my thoughts.

That really isn't true. Ron voted to ban partial birth abortion, and he signed a pledge saying that he would sign a bill that outlawed all abortions performed after the fetus is five months along. He has voted against some pro life legislation on 10th amendment grounds, but overall he still has a 75% lifetime rating from the National Right to Life. He's also on record supporting a Constitutional amendment banning abortion.

Brett85
08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Newt and Santorum were my top two. Ron was actually 6th on my list. That seems like a messed up survey.

Buchananite
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
In order

Cain, Perry, Huckabee, Jindal, Paul

Not a good survey at all