PDA

View Full Version : Insider advantage Georgia Poll (previously posted)

Brett85
08-22-2011, 12:03 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2011/08/19/channel-2-poll-rick-perry-takes-a-quick-lead-in-georgia/

Ron Paul in 6th with 5%.

Brett85
08-22-2011, 12:03 PM
I know that the south is Ron's weakest area, but this is still very disappointing.

Duckman
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich are both from Georgia, so I don't think this is very suprising at this stage of the game.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Ron in 6th place in George with 5% of the vote

Yes, but Paul is in first place with Kramer.

TonySutton
08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
small sample by a non national pollster, I would not be worried. Not to mention RP is not campaigning in GA yet and the MSM media blackout.

JohnGalt23g
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Who cares about GA?

Pay attention to NH, IA, and NV for now.

rp08orbust
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Ron in 6th place in George with 5% of the vote

I'm pretty sure that a state getting a sex change is de facto secession.

Brett85
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Who cares about GA?

Pay attention to NH, IA, and NV for now.

A recent poll had Ron at 5% in Florida as well, so I'm just concerned that Ron doesn't seem to be gaining broad support nationally. I'm just hoping that Ron can pull off an upset win in Iowa, and then that momentum will make his national poll numbers surge. I'll be interested to see what the next Iowa poll shows.

civusamericanus
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich are both from Georgia, so I don't think this is very suprising at this stage of the game.
When Cain and Newt drop out of the race, it will create a vacuum, many will go to Rick Perry, but Ron Paul is actually gaining ground in Georgia. At a recent Fulton County-GA GOP debate viewing party 12 Ron Paul supporters showed up, and 9 GOP staffers. The debate viewing party before this, they had 21 Herman Cain Supporters and 19 Ron Paul supporters, the fact none of the Cain supporters showed up to the debate viewing party this time around, tells me Cain is rapidly losing support and confidence in Georgia.

It's only a matter of time before Perry fizzles out... Him mimicking Ron Paul isn't helping either. Expect Palin, Paul Ryan, and Chris Christie to jump in the race, as these establishment idiots keep dropping like flies. They can't seem to find someone who can gain traction, and that's the best indication we're winning!

If you're from Georgia please visit http://ga4ronpaul.com/GetInvolved.aspx, they will also be rolling out a forum for communications soon.

muzzled dogg
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
There's a GA gop straw poll this wknd

Sjmfury
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't understand why Ron Paul does not have MORE SUPPORT in the South. The good 'ol southern boys should love the idea of FREEDOM, hell red necks, and boonies are the most free people in America! Ron Paul should be a savior :P

V3n
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Headlines tomorrow: A new TOP TIER - Perry, Cain, Gingrich! :rolleyes:

Fermli
08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes, but Paul is in first place with Kramer.

lmao

Inkblots
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
A recent poll had Ron at 5% in Florida as well, so I'm just concerned that Ron doesn't seem to be gaining broad support nationally. I'm just hoping that Ron can pull off an upset win in Iowa, and then that momentum will make his national poll numbers surge. I'll be interested to see what the next Iowa poll shows.

Nationally, the vast proportion of even likely GOP primary voters aren't paying attention yet. Early state wins are the key; we don't need to worry about GA, FL, or any other state because most voters in those states only start making up their minds once the early voting states have gone. This is what happened to Giuliani: he had a commanding lead in Florida before people were paying attention, but once he lost in IA, NH and SC, his support in the bigger states like FL evaporated almost overnight.

CaptainAmerica
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/222-12.jpg

I think that the south has forgotten about limited government vs big government.

Fredom101
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't understand why Ron Paul does not have MORE SUPPORT in the South. The good 'ol southern boys should love the idea of FREEDOM, hell red necks, and boonies are the most free people in America! Ron Paul should be a savior :P

The military-industrial complex has sadly ensnared them. :(

Steve-in-NY
08-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Anything a New Yorker can do to help garner support in GA or elsewhere?

minuteman76
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Regardless of whether Ron Paul gets a bump from any early state win, I can tell you that in my area (FL panhandle) there is a large percentage of the Republican voters that need to hear about Ron Paul and be won over. Trying to get boots on the ground in my area, but that is going to be the only way we improve these numbers.

Aratus
08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
shemdogg is correct! there are several GA fish fry straw poll threads on these forums!

Anti Federalist
08-22-2011, 04:30 PM

Most of the deep south is as bad on liberty as any coastal "liberal" state.

Ron is strongest in the Mountain west and Northern New England.

All the "necks" care about is " 'Merica, Fuck Yeah", and "killin' us some hayrabs".

sailingaway
08-22-2011, 04:34 PM
This was already posted, and this is Cain's area. I know his ex employer ran one where he came on top once, is that this same one?

I have seen some odd polls this election and I suspect some of them are by pacs connected with candidates. However, Georgia is Cain's backyard where he's a sort of celebrity, and is not Ron's best area.

Revolution9
08-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Most of the deep south is as bad on liberty as any coastal "liberal" state.

Ron is strongest in the Mountain west and Northern New England.

I am in the North Georgia mountains. Many of these folks are just living day to day and hate politics and consider it ruins the mood of the get together to bring it up. There are a few here and there who have given him a view in the last few months I have been up here but it is a case of watch your mouth being a new community member or be labeled as a shit disturber who yaks politics. Tough nut to crack. Fannin county doesn't even have one meetup and I probably if I made one I might be the only one to show up...maybe not but I have asked for anybody in the area to sign in and naught yet.

Rev9

Revolution9
08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
This was already posted, and this is Cain's area.

Seen only two rear truck window signs here in Fannin/Blue Ridge area. One for Cain and one for Ron Paul at the drivers license office. It just isn't politics season up here yet. Nobody seems to have any interest.

Rev9

Aratus
08-22-2011, 04:43 PM
methinks newt may be a factor! he's still a contender. can newt gingrich despite his doldrums slow down the media hyped rick perry 'juggernaut'?
we have quite a few rEVOLUTIOn people saying they are going to the perry,Georgia $15 fish fry that looms on the 27th to vote and/or organize!
if we have doctor ron paul in the top three as newt himself is top three or four, we take the wind out of governor rick perry's pirate sails ...if.....
michele bachmann has attempted to go more southerly than has baystater mitt. our people will be in perry, GA! rick perry looses perry GA poll???

Brett85
08-22-2011, 04:52 PM
When was this poll previously posted? I thought it just came out?

sailingaway
08-22-2011, 04:57 PM
When was this poll previously posted? I thought it just came out?

The story you have says August 19, this is the 22d... it was posted previously, I remember seeing it. However, it is still the most recent Georgia poll I'm aware of.

Aratus
08-22-2011, 04:58 PM
if CEO herman cain is top three, and perhaps due to his native son status most logically being more deserving
of votes way ahead of north of the mason/dixon line mitt or michele, can dr. ron paul and ole mr. newt keep
the almost latitudinal 'carpetbagging' traipsing & traveling governor of texas in his true place BEHIND the pack?

Anti Federalist
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I am in the North Georgia mountains. Many of these folks are just living day to day and hate politics and consider it ruins the mood of the get together to bring it up. There are a few here and there who have given him a view in the last few months I have been up here but it is a case of watch your mouth being a new community member or be labeled as a shit disturber who yaks politics. Tough nut to crack. Fannin county doesn't even have one meetup and I probably if I made one I might be the only one to show up...maybe not but I have asked for anybody in the area to sign in and naught yet.

Rev9

That does sound like a tough row to hoe.

Can't say as I blame them though, I hate politics myself, with a heated passion.

Buchananite
08-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Need some credible endorsements of some kind.

Bunch of country music singers from GA(my state)

Alan Jackson
Jason Aldean
Zach Brown
Luke Bryan
Billy Currington
Jennifer Nettles
Brantley Gilbert
Trisha Yearwood

to name a few

Then there are a bunch of former Braves players. I know for a fact John Smoltz is a Republican.

XTreat
08-22-2011, 05:26 PM
shemdogg is correct! there are two GA fish fry straw poll threads on these forums!
one is in 'general politics' and the other in the Georgia forum! methinks judging from
this, if dr. ron paul is able to be top three, we bundle the perry, georgia results with
the first place NHYR new castle N.H straw poll and go to Drudge a.s.a.p with them!
shemdogg wanted to Drudge the excellent new hampshire results! georgia = intense!

Thanks for the advertisement!

XTreat
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Need some credible endorsements of some kind.

Bunch of country music singers from GA(my state)

Alan Jackson
Jason Aldean
Zach Brown
Luke Bryan
Billy Currington
Jennifer Nettles
Brantley Gilbert
Trisha Yearwood

to name a few

Then there are a bunch of former Braves players. I know for a fact John Smoltz is a Republican.

You coming to perry for the SP?

Buchananite
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
You coming to perry for the SP?

I'll try

RDM
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Don't be down about Florida just yet.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/08/ron_paul_wins_readers_presiden.php

r3volution
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
paul ryan is out

satchelmcqueen
08-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Seen only two rear truck window signs here in Fannin/Blue Ridge area. One for Cain and one for Ron Paul at the drivers license office. It just isn't politics season up here yet. Nobody seems to have any interest.

Rev9

sent you an email R9!! i live in Fannin to.

for the rest of you here, i just told him that this place is so crooked it isnt worth my time to try and do anything here. i just dont want to fool with it. i am gonna at least put a letter in the paper about ron paul for all to read. but unless ron bows down to jesus on national tv, then most people here will vote for which ever candidate does regardless of their other positions. this whole area is so aggravating. good honest people here for the most part, but just god and guns all the way when it comes to politics.

me and the wife also have giant ron paul window stickers on our cars so everyone can see. i have in the last few months got 2 friends to also get giant window stickers and gave out several bumper stickers that are on cars now from here.

Aratus
08-22-2011, 07:11 PM
its sometimes hard to wear one's heart on one's sleave.
my kin and neighbors would have a shock were i to now
run for any public office up here. if one takes a stance,
the reaction could run the spectrum either way, i think.
i should practice what i preach, i should be more open!

Aratus
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
even if you don't wave a placard or wear a tee shirt, voting in the poll takes true grit!

rich34
08-22-2011, 07:15 PM
I know that the south is Ron's weakest area

Which I've always found odd considering Ron is the strongest 10th amendment, pro gun candidate....

Aratus
08-22-2011, 11:36 PM
shemdogg is correct! there are three GA fish fry straw poll threads on these forums!
the first BIG 'fish fry' thread is likewise here in 'ron paul grassroots' so i've created
one in 'general politics' + XTreat's second one is in the Georgia forum! judging from
this, if dr. ron paul is able to be top three, we bundle the perry, georgia results with
the first place NHYR new castle N.H straw poll and go to Drudge a.s.a.p with them!!!
shemdogg wanted to Drudge the excellent new hampshire results! georgia = intense!
the FISH FRY thread XTreat has in this sub-forum has more people coming on board!

we're seeing more + more people deciding to be at and/or help on the 27th! we've got momentum!

Aratus
08-22-2011, 11:47 PM
When Cain and Newt drop out of the race, it will create a vacuum, many will go to Rick Perry, but Ron Paul is actually gaining ground in Georgia. At a recent Fulton County-GA GOP debate viewing party 12 Ron Paul supporters showed up, and 9 GOP staffers. The debate viewing party before this, they had 21 Herman Cain Supporters and 19 Ron Paul supporters, the fact none of the Cain supporters showed up to the debate viewing party this time around, tells me Cain is rapidly losing support and confidence in Georgia.

It's only a matter of time before Perry fizzles out... Him mimicking Ron Paul isn't helping either. Expect Palin, Paul Ryan, and Chris Christie to jump in the race, as these establishment idiots keep dropping like flies. They can't seem to find someone who can gain traction, and that's the best indication we're winning!

If you're from Georgia please visit http://ga4ronpaul.com/GetInvolved.aspx, they will also be rolling out a forum for communications soon.

Regardless of whether Ron Paul gets a bump from any early state win, I can tell you that in my area (FL panhandle) there is a large percentage of the Republican voters that need to hear about Ron Paul and be won over. Trying to get boots on the ground in my area, but that is going to be the only way we improve these numbers.

This was already posted, and this is Cain's area. I know his ex employer ran one where he came on top once, is that this same one?

I have seen some odd polls this election and I suspect some of them are by pacs connected with candidates. However, Georgia is Cain's backyard where he's a sort of celebrity, and is not Ron's best area.

Rev9

we can turn this around and shake up conventional wisdom! i was pleasantly surprised to see mitt romney bested in n.h!

Aratus
08-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Traditional Conservative ----- "When was this poll previously posted?
I thought it just came out?" http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2011/08/19/channel-2-poll-rick-perry-takes-a-quick-lead-in-georgia/ " Ron Paul in 6th with 5%."
"I know that the south is Ron's weakest area, but this is still very disappointing."

Duckman ---- "Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich are both from Georgia,
so I don't think this is very suprising at this stage of the game."

RonPaulFanInGA ---- "Yes, but Paul is in first place with Kramer."

TonySutton ---- "Small sample by a non national pollster, I would not be worried.
Not to mention RP is not campaigning in GA yet and the MSM media blackout."

Steve-in-NY ---- "Anything a New Yorker can do to help garner support in GA or elsewhere?"

XTreat... i hope this goes the way N.H + iowa just did!

Aratus
08-23-2011, 12:02 AM
heck, i could live with herman cain in 1st, newt gingrich in 2nd, ron paul in 3rd,
michele bachmann in 4th + mitt romney in 5th if mister rick perry is in SIXTH!

No1ButPaul08
08-23-2011, 12:03 AM
small sample by a non national pollster, I would not be worried. Not to mention RP is not campaigning in GA yet and the MSM media blackout.

Insider Advantage is somewhat of a national pollster. They mostly poll in the south but they have also polled the last 2 Iowa caucuses (correctly, unlike most others). They are very good what they do. They were the only pollster who correctly polled the Georgia GOP Primary in 2008.

BamaAla
08-23-2011, 12:13 AM
This is disheartening and a little surprising to me. We went over to see the Bravos when the Cubs were in town last weekend and I got a lot of "attaboys" for my Ron Paul shirt. We stayed at the Georgian Terrace and the valet guy (a young black male) was all grins at my shirt and bumper stickers. He says: "glad to see fellow Dr. Paul supporters; I've been a supporter since 2007. Think we can win this time?" We talked for a moment before he had to get back to his job and he was confident that there was much more support than this in the Atlanta area.

Aratus
08-23-2011, 12:28 AM
shemdogg is correct! there are three GA fish fry straw poll threads on these forums!
the first BIG 'fish fry' thread is likewise here in 'ron paul grassroots' so i've created
one in 'general politics' + XTreat's second one is in the Georgia forum! judging from
the first place NHYR new castle N.H straw poll and go to Drudge a.s.a.p with them!!!
the FISH FRY thread XTreat has in this sub-forum has more people coming on board!

there has to be more support out there for ron paul and his ideas! the potus race is in flux! what is rick perry's uptick based on?

Aratus
08-23-2011, 12:34 AM

the Straw Poll + Fish Fry is on the 27th in Perry, Georgia and is $15 at the door.
watch the weather. Irene may be passing close by! it looks like its about to hit N.E!

Aratus
08-23-2011, 01:35 AM
newt is to be at the fish fry

its all over the atlanta media

saw several links on this now

BUSHLIED
08-23-2011, 02:30 AM
What I have been saying is that a large part of the gop primary voters are white, males, 55+...they have been in the party for decades and foreign policy is a big thing...particularly in the historically red states...if Ron wants to be competitive he is going to have to bring in new gop voters or manage to convince the old time gopers to switch their foreign policy views...Ron does the worst with this large segment of the GOP and it is the segment needed to secure the nomination. Even if Ron wins IA and NH, it still won't give him enough of a boost to win the South. The GOP is not going to change overnight, it is going to take decades more to change US foreign policy..as Ron has said, they have built an embassy the size of the Vatican, they have no intentions of withdrawing troops...

BUSHLIED
08-23-2011, 02:33 AM
I should add that I know a girl who works directly for the GA GOP...and she is part of the group that is hosting the fish-fry...I'll try to get the inside scope from her tomorrow.

Aratus
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2011/08/19/channel-2-poll-rick-perry-takes-a-quick-lead-in-georgia/

Ron Paul in 6th with 5%.

WE JUST CAME IN A CLOSE SECOND TO HERMAN CAIN! A THREE VOTE MARGiN?