PDA

View Full Version : "Have you donated to Ron Paul today" - marketing campaign idea

Nate-ForLiberty
08-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Since the moneybomb schedule has pretty much been set, I think it should be easier to work in other fundraising marketing strategies. The general consensus is that the moneybombs are now purely a fundraising tool and no longer about garnering media attention. With that in mind, always expect a lower turnout UNLESS the media get caught doing something extremely swarmy to Ron Paul. I would not count on this though, as it is solely in the hands of our opposition. Since the moneybombs will be monthly, expect a $1 or $2 million surge. Maybe the Tea Party moneybomb will reach $4 million. What we have in the 2012 election cycle is completely different than in 2008, and needs to be recognized as such.

So how can we, as the grassroots, fill in the gap?

Everyone remembers the YouTube vids urging people to donate on moneybomb days. Why not direct that same energy to the theme, "Have you donated to Ron Paul today?" I remember watching these videos over and over, "When In the Course of Human Events" being my favorite. If we inundate the web with one slogan "Have you donated to Ron Paul today?", then this may encourage those who forget to donate.

If we are only advertising for the moneybombs, then expect to receive most of your donations then. However, what we've seen out of the moneybombs is that they simply aren't reaching the amount of people that they used to. Yes, it is still considered relatively early in the election cycle, but Ron Paul's supporter base is larger than it has ever been. So the problem is, we've got a great tool that's been worn down and we need an upgrade. I believe that upgrade is the same method of moneybomb promotion the grassroots has utilized in the past (i.e. social networks, youtube, radio show call ins, emails, etc), but with a different message.

"Have you donated to Ron Paul today?"