PDA

View Full Version : The "president of hip hop" warms up to Ron Paul

jmdrake
08-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Okay, please ignore the corny background "beat boxing" and that fact that hip hop by definition has no "president" and instead look at what's happening here. A young black man with a youtube channel at first attacks Ron Paul for being racist, is challenged by Ron Paul supporters to "look up" Ron Paul, finds himself agreeing a lot with Ron Paul and declares at the end that Ron Paul is "not a racist" but is instead a "passionate true American" that "cares about this country" more than even becoming president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKik8DVOsM

Mad props to the Ron Paul supporters who contacted this guy. The must be familiar with How to Win Friends and Influence People (http://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people). Go and do thou likewise.

oyarde
08-22-2011, 09:39 AM
A real education is a good thing .

fisharmor
08-22-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm always a fan of people who do their homework.

Also, KRS One has a new album. Awesome.

tsai3904
08-22-2011, 09:51 AM
For those that just want to watch the Ron Paul segment, it starts at 5:45 into the video.

purplechoe
08-22-2011, 04:45 PM
this is from 2007 but still pretty good, I haven't seen it before...

BlackTerrel
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I'd call this positive engagement by Ron Paul supporters. What we need more of.

Rael
08-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't think much of someone who calls someone a racist without even knowing anything about the person to begin with.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-23-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think much of someone who calls someone a racist without even knowing anything about the person to begin with.

The guy did his best to make amends and probably did a much greater thing because of it.

I applaud this man for correcting himself and sharing some truth in the process !

dannno
08-23-2011, 02:31 AM

It was based on the limited information he had from a propaganda source.. At least he was good enough to look into it himself when people tried to call him out.