PDA

View Full Version : How do you reach people like this?

AuH20
08-22-2011, 08:22 AM
This is 100% Borg.

So, basically all we need to do is cut spending, while simultaneously growing the economy and creating new jobs and new tax revenue.

The FNG is a genius.

I think I'd rather vote for Paulina Rubio.

My plan would be to dump all of our gold on the market, dropping gold to $250/oz, then buy it all back. Who's this hurt? The people with surplus income who invewsted in gold, basically betting against our country and the US dollar.

Let's call it the anti-patriotism tax.

My response:

Bet against the country? The country has been penalizing savers and rewarding crooked special interests for decades. This act of reprisal has been long delayed. Secondly, we don't even know how much gold is in Fort Knox since it hasn't been audited since the 1970s. Lies and obfuscation, that sums up our government. Just look at S.S. Projected to be completely insolvent by 2017 and the people are left with worthless IOUs.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Nominate him for a Darwin Award and go on to the next person. :)

AuH20
08-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Nominate him for a Darwin Award and go on to the next person. :)

What would possess someone to even think something like this? It's pure jealousy and spite. I think of the regular person who is heavily invested in precious metals as someone who is tired of being abused by the TPTB.

sam9657
08-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Tell him to read the constitution.

Gold and silver are the only type of legal money. There is nothing more unpatriotic then the confiscation of welath by the bankers and government through our fiat system.

fisharmor
08-22-2011, 08:43 AM
I love it.... gold is currently $1,876.10.
If the US were to bring gold down to $250 with no further modification to the supply of dollars, this assumes that the US has over 7.5 times the amount of gold in its possession than is currently in circulation throughout the entire world. I don't think even helicopter Ben would claim that.

This is a case study in why democracy is a bad idea.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
surplus income

I do believe that is usually called savings.

Agorism
08-22-2011, 08:57 AM
When do we get Gold to Dow ratio of 1:1?

Gold 5000

Dow 5000

That would be great footing to start another massive stock bubble on.

ps- I don't think it will really go that high

limequat
08-22-2011, 09:02 AM
This is 100% Borg.

My response:

Bet against the country? The country has been penalizing savers and rewarding crooked special interests for decades. This act of reprisal has been long delayed. Secondly, we don't even know how much gold is in Fort Knox since it hasn't been audited since the 1970s. Lies and obfuscation, that sums up our government. Just look at S.S. Projected to be completely insolvent by 2017 and the people are left with worthless IOUs.

The government tried this in the 70's. Gold dropped, smart people bought in, then immediately skyrocketed. I support his plan, as it would give me a gaping entry to the gold market and make me quite rich.

oyarde
08-22-2011, 09:32 AM
I dunno , tell him to give me everything he has , check back with me in a week or two and let me know if he still thinks it is fair and a good idea ?

aravoth
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
The government tried this in the 70's. Gold dropped, smart people bought in, then immediately skyrocketed. I support his plan, as it would give me a gaping entry to the gold market and make me quite rich.

I'm with you!

jmdrake
08-22-2011, 09:37 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. +rep!

DamianTV
08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
There are some people out there that no one will be able to reach. Just as there are people in Russia who long for the Communist State so they could be "taken care of" by the Welfare System. Those people that walk around with that kind of mentality truly believe that Freedom means the Freedom to choose between Coke and Pepsi. Channel 4 or Channel 7. McDonalds or Burger King. They dont want to think for themselves when it comes to the important decisions, and dont want to take any responsibility for their lives. For some, its not even worth the effort. Just walk away, and keep one eye over your shoulder to make sure they dont try to stab you in the back, but it will almost be enjoyable to see those types of people get their faces rearranged the next time they piss off a cop because they want to bitch about not getting their Welfare Check.

Acala
08-22-2011, 09:47 AM
This is a GREAT idea!!! Although I don't think it will go "exactly" as this person suggests.
Here is the more likely scenario: US Government dumps its gold and the price plummets. Smart people snap up every particle. US Government abandons promise to immediately buy back the gold and instead uses the money, plus another trillion borrowed dollars, to reward various special interest groups. Gold climbs back to where it was before the dump. People who bought the gold are rewarded once again for their understanding of the theory of money. Special interests get another boost. Your friend and those like him get screwed yet again.

swiftfoxmark2
08-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Sounds like a classical Keynesian to me. Seriously, if you believe that fiat currency is patriotic, then you're an absolute moron.

AuH20
08-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a classical Keynesian to me. Seriously, if you believe that fiat currency is patriotic, then you're an absolute moron.

Like many others, this guy has bought into the great lie and appears willing to follow this damaging propaganda into the grave. This heavy emphasis on "we" really picked up during the FDR years and infected countless citizens.

COpatriot
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
So, basically all we need to do is cut spending, while simultaneously growing the economy and creating new jobs and new tax revenue.

The FNG is a genius.

I think I'd rather vote for Paulina Rubio.

My plan would be to dump all of our gold on the market, dropping gold to $250/oz, then buy it all back. Who's this hurt? The people with surplus income who invewsted in gold, basically betting against our country and the US dollar.

Let's call it the anti-patriotism tax.
http://www.meh.ro/original/2009_09/meh.ro1094.jpg

Kylie
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
How do you reach people like this?

With a fucking bat, that's how.

But seriously, you can't. They are wholly bought into the system, and the only way to break them is to break the system that supports them. Unfortunately for us, there are a shit ton of them.

limequat
08-22-2011, 11:03 AM
I do believe that you can reach "these people". As has been stated by many people, it's all about planting the seed. I don't know the person that the OP referenced, but I'd guess big-government liberal. Thinks we need high taxes to take care of the poor people. The first step is to find common ground. An easy one is to point out how much money is spent on the wars instead of at home. How many mounths could you feed for an extra $1 Trillion a year? Most flaming liberals would agree to that. "Hey, did you know that wars are funded by printing more money? Wouldn't it be nice to eliminate the propensity for war by eliminating its funding?"