PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Ron Paul t-shirt day

wgadget
08-22-2011, 05:57 AM
How about we choose a day for all of us to buy a Ron Paul t-shirt (and to get our friends to buy one, too), and then we choose a day for all of us to WEAR THEM?

Maybe the campaign could have a 10% off sale on a certain day just for this purpose.

Alex540
08-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Why not just do it on the day of the "Tea Party" money bomb?

muzzled dogg
08-22-2011, 06:10 AM
why not just wear your own shirt and not waste the time to try to coordinate a national effort??

CaptUSA
08-22-2011, 06:27 AM
I wear one of my T-shirts every time I'm going to be some place crowded...

Pretty much every weekend. It's amazing how many smiles and nods one gets. It's like we're all in on a big secret that the other haven't figured out yet.

The Free Hornet
08-22-2011, 08:18 AM
I wear one of my T-shirts every time I'm going to be some place crowded...

Pretty much every weekend. It's amazing how many smiles and nods one gets. It's like we're all in on a big secret that the other haven't figured out yet.

I have three of these on order. I think the Front-Back design is essential as it DOUBLES ad space. This is the link to buy at ronpaul2012.com (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/t-shirts/ron-paul-rocks-america-2012-t-shirt1/).

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/RonPaulRevolution-2.jpg

RonPaul101.com
08-22-2011, 10:26 AM
why not just wear your own shirt and not waste the time to try to coordinate a national effort??

Dude? I thought a coordinated effort is what we do here, no?

harikaried
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
It would be even better to tie this in to some active campaigning as well. Everybody wear Ron Paul t-shirts on a day while tabling at their local farmers markets. No matter which farmers markets people go to, they'll see a Ron Paul supporter.

muzzled dogg
08-22-2011, 10:45 AM

organize your neighborhood and share with us what you find worked and didn't work

CaptUSA
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Dude, just wear your T-shirt. No need to take 10% off since that 10% is going to the campaign. How about everytime you're in public, you have a Paul T-shirt on? If you feel more comfortable having other people wearing shirts, go buy em some and have your friends wear them, too.

I think you may just want to see other people wearing shirts so you know who is with you. Is this right? Trust me, if you wear your's proudly, they will come to you. It happened to me the first time I wore mine at an event and since then, I wear one to every event.

(not picking on your idea, but it's a lot easier to do this locally at certain events than it is to do nationally. Different events happen on different days. It doesn't do much good if you wearing yours to a concert, but someone in another town wears his up to the drive-thru at his bank.)

Romulus
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I think it's a good idea to wear one as often as possible! I wear one about every other day and always get comments about it... it's a great way to spread the message and converse.

mlee45
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone, I know that this topic has already been addressed before, but I don't think anyone has set anything for an official "Ron Paul T-Shirt day, but I saw this video just a bit ago, and wanted to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFOfPZTYbk

I just saw this video was posted today, so I'm going to stick with the plan and wear my Ron Paul shirt next monday, and try and start getting all of my friends to wear our Ron Paul shirt every single monday.

I know everyday is a "Ron Paul day" but it's time that we set an official day for a lot of people to go out and wear their shirts!

Who is in for next monday!???

mlee45
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
hate to be "that guy" but I'm going to bump this thread up....

Anyways, I think this is very important, and here's why.

1. No other candidate, or celebrity has any sort of t-shirt day of the week or anything like that, but if it made national news that every monday, all the ron paul supporters were wearing a ron paul shirt, we could seriously make waves in this election.

2. Many people on this forum probably wear a ron paul T shirt atleast once a week, but if we had a solid day that everyone wore the shirt, than it would inspire many people (Many YOUNG people!!) to want to join in on this campaign...

3. It's something to talk about, and words of money bombs could be spread from mouth to mouth, and certain reminders could be set out from this certain day.

Just the more that I think about it, the more I love the idea of this actually happening!!!

so let's see how many people are in, and how many big groups we can get to wear a ron paul shirt EVERY monday! Let's do this everyone!!!

and someone please post a response to this video, because I know once someone does, a lot more will follow! [:

For Liberty!

Oddone
08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I'll be supporting this effort, going to buy some more shirts, gotta have a selection!

samuel
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
if it made national news that every monday, all the ron paul supporters were wearing a ron paul shirt, we could seriously make waves in this election.
Not to be a downer, but I think making it once a week is a bit excessive and makes it seem too everyday. Also I know a few people who would think wearing the same shirt every week seems dirty/tacky.

And while I think promoting a certain day of every month as "let's all wear our Ron Paul t-shirts day" is an awesome idea, I think we could gain more from just wearing them as we normally do and talking to people we know.

eaglesfan48
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I think this is an excellent idea, ill support it 100%.

mlee45
08-22-2011, 10:06 PM
I think this is an excellent idea, ill support it 100%.

We should make a contest to see who can get the most people to buy shirts and wear it on this upcoming monday! This would work extremely well on college campuses, and maybe high schools. I'm sure she won't have any trouble getting people to wear shirts at her high school, lol!

Oddone
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Also I know a few people who would think wearing the same shirt every week seems dirty/tacky.

You gotta be kidding me? If I wear a shirt one day two weeks in a row I'm dirty or tacky? How many wardrobes do you have?

Some people wash their clothes.. Some people don't have a shirt, shoes and pants etc. for everyday of the month.

mlee45
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, and someone with a facebook should spread this on the Ron Paul facebook page, and the Ron Paul 2012 facebook page! Let's do this!

For Liberty!

samuel
08-22-2011, 10:17 PM
You gotta be kidding me? If I wear a shirt one day two weeks in a row I'm dirty or tacky? How many wardrobes do you have?
Note that I was careful to say that I know some people who would think that's dirty. I've not washed my favorite pair of jeans in a few months and I wear them almost every day. I'm not trying to be critical of this idea unless it is in a way that could possibly help develop it further. Just bringing in some other perspectives.

parocks
08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
hate to be "that guy" but I'm going to bump this thread up....

Anyways, I think this is very important, and here's why.

1. No other candidate, or celebrity has any sort of t-shirt day of the week or anything like that, but if it made national news that every monday, all the ron paul supporters were wearing a ron paul shirt, we could seriously make waves in this election.

2. Many people on this forum probably wear a ron paul T shirt atleast once a week, but if we had a solid day that everyone wore the shirt, than it would inspire many people (Many YOUNG people!!) to want to join in on this campaign...

3. It's something to talk about, and words of money bombs could be spread from mouth to mouth, and certain reminders could be set out from this certain day.

Just the more that I think about it, the more I love the idea of this actually happening!!!

so let's see how many people are in, and how many big groups we can get to wear a ron paul shirt EVERY monday! Let's do this everyone!!!

and someone please post a response to this video, because I know once someone does, a lot more will follow! [:

For Liberty!

Are you really young? If it's just some thing that really young people - like high school students - just do without any real evidence of planning it could some votes in high school. There aren't too many there, but there are some. Pictures of a lot of wholesome teenagers in a high school wearing Ron Paul tshirts is a good thing.

If this becomes an well publicized, organized effort to get older Ron Paul supporters, it looks silly.

What we should be doing is registering voters. 18-29. Go to where there are a lot of 18-29 year olds and register them to vote. Create events designed to gather 18-29 year olds. And then register them.

Jackie Treehorn
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
I wear a Ron Paul shirt every day, so I'm in. :)

mlee45
08-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Are you really young? If it's just some thing that really young people - like high school students - just do without any real evidence of planning it could some votes in high school. There aren't too many there, but there are some. Pictures of a lot of wholesome teenagers in a high school wearing Ron Paul tshirts is a good thing.

If this becomes an well publicized, organized effort to get older Ron Paul supporters, it looks silly.

What we should be doing is registering voters. 18-29. Go to where there are a lot of 18-29 year olds and register them to vote. Create events designed to gather 18-29 year olds. And then register them.

I wore my RP t-shirt the other day to a book-store, a group of about 8 men came up to me, and said that they were so proud to see that someone my age (20) was supporting someone like Ron Paul. They said they would check more into Ron, and that it was good to see the youth finally getting interested in politics! [:

JJonesMBA
08-22-2011, 11:20 PM
I like the idea of a coordinated T-shirt day/flash mob/viral video push etc. Why not do it at Whole Foods all over the country, or some other organization where the corporate leadership would be likely to discuss it favorably on national tv. It would need to be gimmicky but not too much, as the mainstream media could briefly pick up on it, so we'd hope to also convert that voter segment in addition to the local news and fellow neighbors. Labor Day or Constitution Day could be effective. School also starts back up soon, maybe a coordinated Ron Paul T-Shirt promotion on the first day could be effective.

mlee45
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Czolgosz
08-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Is there an online store where buying a RP t-shirt will ultimately support the RP candidacy?

mlee45
08-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Is there an online store where buying a RP t-shirt will ultimately support the RP candidacy?

Ronpaul2012.com

Eric21ND
08-23-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm game! Let's make it go viral

mlee45
08-23-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm game! Let's make it go viral

Let's do it! Spread spread spread this video on facebook. and everywhere possible! and maybe you'll see someone you don't know wearing this shirt next monday.

woo woo!

wgadget
08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Sounds great...From here on out: MONDAY IS RON PAUL T-SHIRT DAY.

Someone should design a t-shirt for the campaign to sell that gets across the idea of the MSM blackout. It seems to me that such a message would get most healthy, normal, curious people to check out WHY on Google or something, PLUS it would give even more reason as to why we're all wearing RON PAUL T-SHIRTS on Mondays.

PLUS...It might get them to WANT TO JOIN US against the MSM!

: )

wgadget
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey, Mr. Mod...Can you combine this thread with the other Ron Paul T-shirt Day thread? They're basically the same...

Eric21ND
08-23-2011, 07:32 AM
This will start conversations on the street. I like it.

wgadget
08-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Yep...It's a win/win/win...For the campaign store/RP supporter/future of America.

Here's the webpage to order a 2012 shirt...BUY AN EXTRA FOR A FRIEND. I understand the proceeds go straight to the campaign.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/t-shirts/

EDIT: I just ordered TWO SHIRTS...One for me and one for a friend (or the first person that approaches me with an interest in having one!)

This is gonna be fun...:)

Czolgosz
08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
I ordered a t-shirt and a few bumper stickers, thx. If the t-shirt fits me properly I'll be back to order a couple more in different colors.

mlee45
08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I ordered a t-shirt and a few bumper stickers, thx. If the t-shirt fits me properly I'll be back to order a couple more in different colors.

Mine fit well, so hopefully yours will fit the same, and you'll be ordering one for everyday of the week.

I can't believe how many comments and likes this video already has on its first day up.....wow, freedom is popular!

Romulus
08-23-2011, 11:34 AM

Yes, my site: www.liberty-shirts.com

Romulus
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM

It does indeed. I wear mine to Lowes, the bank, the autoparts store, post office and everywhere else. Mostly its positive... but you'll get the occasional "he can't win" from the zombie. It's always fun though.. if enough people see our numbers we'll start generating the bandwagon effect, especially in schools.. so this is great for 18-24yr olds.

wgadget
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Okay...I got inspired from coming to RPF...We need a "Black THIS Out" t-shirt!
Or maybe a "He CAN win" t-shirt....both with "REGISTER REPUBLICAN NOW" on the back.
:D

mlee45
08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I like the He CAN win, if only the campaign could make a tshirt dedicated for an effort like this

JJonesMBA
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
T-Shirt Ideas: Top says, "Shhh!!!!!" (with a tri-color image of Ron Paul's face with a finger covering his lips), with "I Support Ron Paul!" below...

libertarian4321
08-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I wear a Ron Paul Tshirt any time I can. When I go out, when I go shopping, even if I'm just going out to mow the lawn. Any time I might get seen by someone, I wear one.

Eric21ND
08-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Are there any nice shirts for women?

Czolgosz
08-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes, my site: www.liberty-shirts.com

Ordered one from there as well. :D

Romulus
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Are there any nice shirts for women?

http://liberty-shirts.com/ronpaul_ladies.html

Ordered one from there as well. :D

Thanks - the more I sell, the more I donate. :)