PDA

View Full Version : We need lists of people to send emails to...Does anyone know how to do this? Or twitter?

Monique
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
We need to get going on supporting the next money bomb. And this one needs to be huge people. I am changing this to reflect that we need a website for the September 17th date. Would someone please slap one together? And we can't push the others until we are done pushing this one. If we focus on 4 of them at once, that will dilute them all. We had no thoughts of future ones with the big ones. We focused on this one being the one to really send a message. Let's do that again.

The way we did it last time was we posted videos on Youtube with the website address, we need banners to put on this website, and to use as signatures. Square ones and long ones.

We need email lists or twitter account lists (I don't know anything about twitter, so will the tweeters help me out here?), so we can send out emails to all these people.

I suggest we send out the website to friends of Rons from wherever, myspace, facebook, twitter, etc. We also need to target the tea party. We need money from everyone you can think of that might be willing to support Ron Paul's ideas.

If this is going to work, we need to get to work now! People seem to think the last money bombs worked through magic. They didn't. The big ones worked because we worked our asses off! Nothing magical about hard work.

I need right now, a list of email addresses. Last time people figured them out by going to Myspace, ron's friends only, and figuring out how to get their email address from his friend's list. I am not techy at all. So, who can help?

orenbus
08-21-2011, 09:41 PM
God this post makes me wish we had some millionaire reading this board. I could do what is needed unfortunately it would mean working on the campaign full time which means I would need an income to support my living expenses in lieu of having a job, unfortunately I have to work for corporations to keep paying the mortgage to avoid getting evicted.

cero
08-21-2011, 09:46 PM
lets focus on the September 17 moneybomb (constitution day)

Monique
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Orenbus, the great thing is, we have a lot more people this time. Just do what you can.

Monique
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Agreed Cero. Now, will someone please volunteer to slap together a website that has a pledge counter and a way to send out reminder emails? Moneybombs aren't successful unless you have a pledge counter to set it all off.

The Free Hornet
08-21-2011, 09:53 PM
... unfortunately I have to work for corporations to keep paying the mortgage to avoid getting evicted.

Really? You'd be the only one. [/joke]

orenbus
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Really? You'd be the only one. [/joke]

Well with any luck there is someone as tech savy and as dedicated that can take off for a few months to do the work that is needed.

TexMac
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Last time we did this with facebook and myspace:

!!URGENT!! - Make Ron Paul $1,000 in 10 seconds! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?30702-%21%21URGENT%21%21-Make-Ron-Paul-1-000-in-10-seconds%21)

TELL 50,000 PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK ABOUT THE TEAPARTY: Help me! It takes 60 seconds!!!!! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?48636-TELL-50-000-PEOPLE-ON-FACEBOOK-ABOUT-THE-TEAPARTY-Help-me%21-It-takes-60-seconds%21%21%21%21%21)

I don't know if that script would still work and TechnoGuyRob hasn't been to this forum since 2009 according to his profile.

Monique
08-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Oren, it doesn't take much time to slap together a website. It doesn't have to be complicated. We have the copy and a design idea already mapped out under the Constitution day money bomb thread.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Last time we did this with facebook and myspace:

!!URGENT!! - Make Ron Paul $1,000 in 10 seconds! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?30702-%21%21URGENT%21%21-Make-Ron-Paul-1-000-in-10-seconds%21)

TELL 50,000 PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK ABOUT THE TEAPARTY: Help me! It takes 60 seconds!!!!! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?48636-TELL-50-000-PEOPLE-ON-FACEBOOK-ABOUT-THE-TEAPARTY-Help-me%21-It-takes-60-seconds%21%21%21%21%21)

I don't know if that script would still work and TechnoGuyRob hasn't been to this forum since 2009 according to his profile.

I really wouldn't spam Facebook. It's going to tick off a lot of people and will probably get you banned.

harikaried
08-21-2011, 10:51 PM
The best way to reach new people might be tabling at various events like farmers markets and county fairs to collect supporter email addresses.

Monique
08-21-2011, 10:57 PM
hari, that is good too, but we need to reach a few hundred thousand people in the next few weeks to get them to donate to the September 17th money bomb. The best way is through social networking.

Texmac, we aren't here to support the tea party, we are here to support Ron Paul. We NEED the tea party, don't get me wrong.

The worst thing you can do is to spam facebook. They would kick us off in a heartbeat. What we did last time, was to make sure the only people we contacted were already Ron Paul supporters. You don't want to be a pest. You just want to give people the info.

orenbus
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Oren, it doesn't take much time to slap together a website. It doesn't have to be complicated. We have the copy and a design idea already mapped out under the Constitution day money bomb thread.

I'm not going to disagree with you however there is a difference between slapping together a website and promoting one that reaches out to enough supporters that are willing to donate millions of dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53W0xHqjeA

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:07 PM
You are missing the point. We need something up right now so we can promote the hell out of this thing. We already have the text. Step 1. Get a website with a pledge counter going. Step 2. Promote it.

We can't get to step 2 until we get to step 1. The pledge counter is terribly important because it builds excitement. It also help show that your promotion work is working (or not).

There is nothing magical about a website. We just need to tell people to donate. Get up anything, today, tomorrow at the latest, then tweak it if you want. But you need step 1 and we need it done yesterday.

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Here is the copy for the website:

It is time to return this country to prosperity. We need someone who saw this crisis coming and knows how to fix it. Ron Paul is the only man who has a thorough understanding of economics and knows what it will take to get this country back on track.

We won't be fooled again by pretty politicians who promise the moon but do not have the record to match their rhetoric. Ron Paul's voting record shows that he cannot be bought by special interests. His one and only allegiance is to this country and liberty. Ron Paul is THE champion of the constitution!

The mainstream media would like to make you think he doesn't have a chance. Let's show them they are wrong!! We don't need the media to choose our candidate for us. We know what we want!

We want Ron Paul!!!

Please pledge your support to donate on September 17th, also known as Constitution Day. Let the voice of We the People be heard loud and clear!!

Ron Paul 2012!!

(We ask you to pledge your support on this page but on September 17th you will donate to the campaign directly.)

We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone. Information submitted to us is used only for the purpose of contacting you.

(If someone agrees to do this website, they will have to agree that they will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone.)

For design ideas see the Constitution day thread.

TexMac
08-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Texmac, we aren't here to support the tea party, we are here to support Ron Paul. We NEED the tea party, don't get me wrong.
You need to slow down, breathe and READ a few threads, newbie. That thread is about the Tea Party moneybomb. If you bothered to read it, it directly answered your question.

TexMac
08-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I really wouldn't spam Facebook. It's going to tick off a lot of people and will probably get you banned.

The worst thing you can do is to spam facebook. They would kick us off in a heartbeat. What we did last time, was to make sure the only people we contacted were already Ron Paul supporters. You don't want to be a pest. You just want to give people the info.

Both of you need to actually READ what we did and quit fantasizing about spam.

There was no spam involved.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 11:16 PM
You need to slow down, breathe and READ a few threads, newbie. That thread is about the Tea Party moneybomb. If you bothered to read it, it directly answered your question.

Uh, TexMac, Monique is not really new. She was here during the last election under a different account and probably did as much or more to get Ron Paul elected than both of us and 20 others put together. :)

TexMac
08-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Uh, TexMac, Monique is not really new. She was here during the last election under a different account and probably did as much or more to get Ron Paul elected than both of us and 20 others put together. :)

Yeah, well, she called me a newbie in another thread and I doubt you have any idea what I've done so how can you compare?

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Huh? No one has done anything yet.

I am saying we need to get a list of people who are Ron Paul supporters, so we can send them information on the September 17th money bomb.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Both of you need to actually READ what we did and quit fantasizing about spam.

There was no spam involved.

So, you are saying that all 50,000 of those people that were mentioned as far as sending out Facebook messages, were identified Ron Paul supporters?

TexMac
08-21-2011, 11:19 PM
So, you are saying that all 50,000 of those people that were mentioned as far as sending out Facebook messages, were identified Ron Paul supporters?
YES. Is it really so hard to read the thread?

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah, well, she called me a newbie in another thread and I doubt you have any idea what I've done so how can you compare?

Get over yourself, dude. The point is that she is not a newbie. I thought you might want to know, so that you didn't stick both of your feet in your mouth.

We are all here to get Ron Paul elected. Monique is trying to pull something together. Do you want to help?

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:21 PM
You wrote "tell 50,000 people about the teaparty: help me it takes 60 seconds..."

I thought you meant that you want to tell them about the tea party. If that isn't what you meant, well ok.

What tea party money bomb are you talking about?

orenbus
08-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I need to insert some comedy here to relieve some tension :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwkyKV8PU4

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 11:22 PM
YES. Is it really so hard to read the thread?

Do you want to link to where that was posted? It certainly is not in THIS thread.

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh now I get it. You are posting a link to an old thread. I thought you were suggesting something. (very confusing).

So, are you saying there are good ideas in there about how to find people's names and stuff? Remember, this is 2011, and a lot has changed over the past 4 years.

Cleaner44
08-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh now I get it. You are posting a link to an old thread. I thought you were suggesting something. (very confusing).

So, are you saying there are good ideas in there about how to find people's names and stuff? Remember, this is 2011, and a lot has changed over the past 4 years.

I will make you a site in 30 minutes if you need.

Monique
08-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Cleaner, you rock. But I just found out that a member named Gage already has a site up for the end of the quarter push. We need to have only one site out there. If Gage will change that one so it only has september 17th as the date, and include a pledge counter, then maybe we can use that.

But, why don't you take a look at the thread called Constitution Day money bomb and see what is needed. Just look at my posts.

I would hate for you and Gage to do the same thing. But, if Gage wants to keep the one he has up and not change it, then we totally need a new one.

Cleaner44
08-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Cleaner, you rock. But I just found out that a member named Gage already has a site up for the end of the quarter push. We need to have only one site out there. If Gage will change that one so it only has september 17th as the date, and include a pledge counter, then maybe we can use that.

But, why don't you take a look at the thread called Constitution Day money bomb and see what is needed. Just look at my posts.

I would hate for you and Gage to do the same thing. But, if Gage wants to keep the one he has up and not change it, then we totally need a new one.

No need to create a new one, just stick with what Gage has.

Monique
08-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Agreed. As long as he will be open to tweaking it that will be best. We need a pledge counter. And only one date. From experience, I know that you can't have a big impact if you spread it out over more than one day. You have no idea how much fun it is to see the counter flying past.

Does anyone know how to contact Gage? I sent him a message, but I don't know how often he is on here.

Monique
08-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Cleaner. We need a new website. Gage doesn't want to change the one he has.

parocks
08-22-2011, 02:50 AM
You are missing the point. We need something up right now so we can promote the hell out of this thing. We already have the text. Step 1. Get a website with a pledge counter going. Step 2. Promote it.

We can't get to step 2 until we get to step 1. The pledge counter is terribly important because it builds excitement. It also help show that your promotion work is working (or not).

There is nothing magical about a website. We just need to tell people to donate. Get up anything, today, tomorrow at the latest, then tweak it if you want. But you need step 1 and we need it done yesterday.

We just raised 1.75 Million. That money bomb was only promoted for 5 days apparently. But it was a very good result. I wouldn't worry to much about needing to be active for this right now. I've never filled out a pledge thing.

I think the money bombs should be accompanied by on the ground events. If meetups are wondering what to do, months and months before any primary in their state, they should do events tied to the money bomb. What you want are Ron Paul supporters, in a location, showing people how to donate money to Ron Paul, and donating money to Ron Paul themselves.

Meetups should all have events on September 17. "Constitution Day Parties" What is a Constitution Day Party? I'm not sure. But it has enough computers that can show ronpaul2012.com. Maybe one of the big tv's in a bar has the ticker on it. And Ron Paul supporters are showing the newly converted how to donate on a cool tablet.

I think I like the name "Constitution Day Party". It could follow a format similar to what I have in my sig, but with the addition of using tablets to get money during a money bomb. Or it could be anything. It doesn't have to be "Ron Paul's Constitution Day Party". Just Constitution Day Party. And perhaps tea partiers might like the sound of that, and show up. Once they're there, they get the Ron Paul message, and the cool tablet with wireless access with ronpaul2012.com on it.

It would be really simple to do.