PDA

View Full Version : Great interview with Ron Paul - Aug 19th, Lost Republic / 1 hour 10 minutes

affa
08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I found a link to this interview in the comments section of some article. I follow this board and never noticed anyone posting it... if I'm duplicating, you have my apologies.

The interview is about an hour and ten minutes long. It's got about 3 or 4 people asking him questions across the board -- covers many topics, from economics to war to the death penalty.

There are a lot of awesome things about this interview -- he is well spoken, informative if not downright educational, and... yea, it's just a wonderful piece. His knowledge is so broad and he's answering everything off the cuff... I'd love to see any other candidate so fluidly answer such difficult questions without being spoon fed the questions and responses in advance. There's a long section about the dangers of compromising principles that is pure gold. I might be biased, but I think he schools the interviewers on multiple occasions... I'd love to know their take on him, because he's on fire.

Highly recommended.

http://www.lostrepublic.us/archives/6656

fearthereaperx
08-21-2011, 09:54 PM
already posted here many times, thanks for sharing though.

purplechoe
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJr7TEINZ10

affa
08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
ah, sorry for the repost then. i don't know how i missed it, and since it was new, figured it might have gone under the radar.

Bruno
08-22-2011, 12:15 AM
No, thanks for the repost, some may have missed it. I started earlier today from another thread, and though I should be asleep, I couldn't stop watching. Every Ron Paul supporter should watch him discuss some of these issues more in depth, without interviewers constantly interrupting. And the back forth with the reporters was great, I think they actually really learned something from him. :)

Feeding the Abscess
08-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Calling this a great interview is almost a disservice. That was the greatest defense of liberty ever recorded by a politician.

Bruno
08-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Bump for those who haven't seen it. Quite a few gems in there!

Love this quote, in response to a NAFTA highway "conspiracy" question and Rick Perry's involvement:

"Everybody conspires when they talk. I guess I am a conspirator in that I conspire for liberty!" he said, with a smile. :)

bill1971
08-22-2011, 07:25 AM
My opinion is that this should be stickied or whatever the term is. I think this is better, albeit not as cool as the Stewart clip.