PDA

View Full Version : Snookie Runs For Congress

jmdrake
08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
This is just sad. We've got our work cut out for us. The promising thing is that the one person interviewed who knew anything about politics at least had a positive view about Ron Paul. And he hadn't heard of the "super congress".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC86Y9mmwfc&feature=player_embedded

orenbus
08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Good video it shows a cross section of people that are out there, you are right that we have our work cut out for us. But in truth I don't even know what he "super congress" is I never heard of it in those terms now "super committee" I've heard of but not "super congress". Want to know the secret though to reaching out to most of those potential voters and supporters? The video actually kind of hints towards it, integrate pop culture into politicis, I know it's cheesy but it resonates at least with the younger voters that aren't going to spend a lot of time researching the issues.

jmdrake
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Good video it shows a cross section of people that are out there, you are right that we have our work cut out for us. But in truth I don't even know what he "super congress" is I never heard of it in those terms now "super committee" I've heard of but not "super congress". Want to know the secret though to reaching out to most of those potential voters and supporters? The video actually kind of hints towards it, integrate pop culture into politicis, I know it's cheesy but it resonates at least with the younger voters that aren't going to spend a lot of time researching the issues.

Interesting point. I just did a search at Google news on "super congress" and "super committee" and got 5,320 and 7,350 hits respectively. So "super committee" is more prevalent, but there are quite a few hits for both. You were familiar enough with the concept to translate though. And yeah, this is an esoteric point that somebody might not know unless they were keeping up with the nuances of the debt ceiling debate.

That said, I was sorely disappointed (but not surprised) that someone didn't know the difference between congress and the supreme court or that so many people couldn't name a single congressman. And I wanted to reach through the screen and smack the dude that only cared about whether someone agreed with Obama or not.

CaptainAmerica
08-21-2011, 09:17 PM
There was a mistake made in the video. The Senate is part of Congress. Congress =the house and senate.

CaptainAmerica
08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
It is people like that who will be just as guilty as the dictators if a holocaust occurs again.We are losing freedoms in the U.S. yet we have so much more liberty to preserve it and to actually fight back against the lies and the authoritarians yet these people take for granted such blessings of liberty. They should be ashamed of their ignorance.

Cutlerzzz
08-21-2011, 09:29 PM
In my experience, it is easier to convert an empty mind than an indoctrinated one. It's also likely that those people won't take the time to vote.

The misinformed are more dangerous than the uninformed, IMO.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Well for electoral victory our universe only consists of likely Republican voters. That's a very narrow field and usually only about 7% of the population. Those are the only people we need to be chasing if we are going to indeed achieve electoral victory.

dannno
08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
lol.. that one dude who was pissed off at all the politicians who weren't standing with the President..

Guy: So Ron Paul wants to bring all the troops home?

Interviewers: Yes, he wants to bring all the troops home..

Guy: (Look of amazement on his face) ... Wow.... (Long pause.......)................ so how does he stand with the President?

Philhelm
08-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Ugh...I think I want the world to burn now.