PDA

View Full Version : Network television, Ron Paul and Swing Bands...

jgmaynard
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I was watching one of those stupid network shows last night - America's Great New Band, or something like that. I usually hate those kinda shows, but most of the bands that have been playing are pretty good, so whatever. So, like the American Idol-type shows always do, each week a couple of bands are eliminated. This week, there were 12 bands at the beginning of the show and only 10 would go on to next week. Keep reading, I'm getting around to Ron....
So, with just threee bands left, they were set to announce the next band going on, meaning the other two would be out of it. Two of the bands were bluesy-club bands, and one was a swing jazz band. So, they asked the judges which one they thought was going to win the audience poll. Judge #1 says; "Oh, bluesy band #1, the jazz band can't win!" The second judge said "Oh bluesy band #2, the jazz band could never win..." and the third judge said "Well, one of the two bluesy bands, cause everyone knows that a swing band can't win..." (now you probably see where I am going...
What happened? Sure enough, the two bluesy bands were so close to each other musically, that they split the blues vote, and the swing band won.
In short, this is one of the greatest strengths Paul has in this race - the other Rs are NOT differentiating themselves from the other Rs by enough; I think we are looking at a situation where the pro-war R vote is going to be pretty evenly split among the other R candidates, allowing ROn a greater advantage than it may seem on the surface. But you knew that.

JM

johngr
11-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Plurality = back room deal.

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Very possible, but my point is that as name recognition grows, given the fact that Ron is the only anti-war candidate in the race, this could quickly be framed as Ron or Not Ron, wihch would work to our advantage.

JM