PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Money Bombs NRA/Gunshows

AmberH
08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Where I live the only thing I know of that people donate to is the NRA. If I can show NRA members that Ron Paul is the strongest candidate on the issue of gun rights, I can probably persuade them to donate to him also. Some people just don't like to donate to anything, even if they support that cause (me before Ron Paul). NRA members give money to the NRA so they are already identified as people willing to donate to a cause.

Almost everyone that goes to gun shows supports the NRA. I'm going to start trying to promote Ron Paul and the money bombs there. I'm going to give them the gun packets I bought from the campaign store to put on their tables.

Anyone else have any good ideas about better tapping into the NRA base. I know they raise lots of money.

MJU1983
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Official Campaign item: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/slim-jim-4x9-issue-card-packs/protect-gun-rights-issue-cards-pack-of-100/

Here is a flyer I made before Perry got involved in the race (he is former military too):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61430070/Support-the-2nd-Amendment-by-Supporting-Dr-5

^ I might update a bit...

I assume that Conservatives still like Ronald Reagan:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62550781/What-Would-Reagan-Do-White

Specifically tapping the crowd...they just need to be aware of the facts. Ron Paul is THE BEST there is on 2nd amendment issues, we NEED him.

dusman
08-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Where I live the only thing I know of that people donate to is the NRA. If I can show NRA members that Ron Paul is the strongest candidate on the issue of gun rights, I can probably persuade them to donate to him also. Some people just don't like to donate to anything, even if they support that cause (me before Ron Paul). NRA members give money to the NRA so they are already identified as people willing to donate to a cause.

Almost everyone that goes to gun shows supports the NRA. I'm going to start trying to promote Ron Paul and the money bombs there. I'm going to give them the gun packets I bought from the campaign store to put on their tables.

Anyone else have any good ideas about better tapping into the NRA base. I know they raise lots of money.

Amber, this seems like a great idea. I'm wondering if we all should start tracking on these gun shows and work to get booths at these events. Our candidate would be in a unique position to be relevant at these shows and someone like my step-father (retired Marine sniper) whom is extremely rigid and is hard to persuade would become mush if he ran across a booth at the gun shows he goes to "religiously".

AmberH
08-21-2011, 03:24 PM
thanks for the flyers

AmberH
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Amber, this seems like a great idea. I'm wondering if we all should start tracking on these gun shows and work to get booths at these events. Our candidate would be in a unique position to be relevant at these shows and someone like my step-father (retired Marine sniper) whom is extremely rigid and is hard to persuade would become mush if he ran across a booth at the gun shows he goes to "religiously".

We really should, this is a conservative crowd that is receptive to protecting the borders and obviously fighting against gun control. There is always a lot of veterans also. From my past experiences at gun shows a lot of the crowd is political. I have seen booths set up before to promote various petitions/politicians and they are always crowded. Most Americans do not vote but a high percentage of the gun show crowd does vote. Maybe because of the NRA or maybe because people who love guns love making their voices heard. They also always have people buying/selling gold and silver. I have been to many many many gun shows with my husband.

zerosdontcount
08-21-2011, 03:43 PM
We are doing that in Georgia. I just got back from gun show tabling this morning. I'll put up some pics when they get emailed to me.

AmberH
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
We are doing that in Georgia. I just got back from gun show tabling this morning. I'll put up some pics when they get emailed to me.

Great!

dusman
08-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Awesome! +rep

dusman
08-21-2011, 04:17 PM
We really should, this is a conservative crowd that is receptive to protecting the borders and obviously fighting against gun control. There is always a lot of veterans also. From my past experiences at gun shows a lot of the crowd is political. I have seen booths set up before to promote various petitions/politicians and they are always crowded. Most Americans do not vote but a high percentage of the gun show crowd does vote. Maybe because of the NRA or maybe because people who love guns love making their voices heard. They also always have people buying/selling gold and silver. I have been to many many many gun shows with my husband.

Definitely! My step-father is a NRA Golden Eagle member and they constantly deliver out political messages. It would be amazing to actually get them to deliver one about Ron Paul to it's members. However, from the ones I have seen, they are very anti-Obama. It definitely motivates these members to get politically active and vote.

RIPLEYMOM
08-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Many neoconservatives at gun shows. Perfect opportunity to educate them on what it means to support Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
08-21-2011, 04:36 PM
People at gun shows are low-hanging fruit. Absolutely a winning idea to have booths at those events!!

TexasJake
08-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I went to a show last weekend and just wore a RP shirt. I had at least 10 people comment about the shirt, several more passionate supporters approached me and we talked for a while. I also heard Ron's name mentioned at several tables as we walked around. I think it is a good crowd and the people are interested.