PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Boycott MONEYBOMB ,Sponsors of CNN,Fox and MSNBC!!!

speciallyblend
08-21-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?310906-video-Cnn-Panellists-quot-Ron-Paul-Gets-The-Press-He-Deserves-quot-Also-Plays-Age-Card

I believe we can have a moneybomb starting now or in 7-14 days and be continuous hourly,daily,weekly and use videos that call out the lying media. We need to spread thru out the grassroots and even select smaller media markets not associated with cnn,fox or msnbc.

We can make a list of all the sponsors across the 3 channels and their sister channels and directly boycott these companies. Then encourage folks to buy generic or not at all and take their savings on these products and donate to www.ronpaul2012.com. We can also just not buy the products and take that money and donate it to www.ronpaul2012.com.

Create the theme to expose the media lies and hit the sponsors where boycotts do$$$$$! This will have 3 effects raise more money for Ron Paul 2012,expose media lies and bring awareness to the Ron Paul campaign and its grassroots, which is bigger then the gop with indys and dems and voters who support Ron Paul. This is something that doesn't have to wait for primaries or general elections and i think it would make A HUGE IMPACT on donations!!!

I would like RPF to expand on this theme and spread. What do folks think??

The whole boycott and theme can be started designed and developed right here! Just an idea and it would bring money to Ron Paul NOW not months from now! The marketing can roll like a snowball down the hill eventually turning into an avalanche!!

BOYCOTT MSM and SPONSORS ON ALL LEVELS!!!! DONATE Your savings on these products to who??? Ron Paul 2012 www.ronpaul2012.com

Slutter McGee
08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I disagree with a boycott. Our goal shouldn't be to try and destroy the media. It should be to use their bias against them. Get the people excited and donating so that we can bypass them. I really don't see how any boycott would help bring in new supporters. They tend to piss a lot of people off.

But I am glad we are all trying to think of new ideas.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

ronpaulyourmom
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I know you're angry, I feel your frustration, but negativity never works. When is the last time you remember a boycott being truly successful? For the life of me I can't recall it happening.

The people who would be attracted to this message are already aware of the situation and on board or respect it from a distance as they support their own candidate. The goal right now is to reach grandma and grandpa, mom and dad, aunt and uncle. You wont get there with something like this. As Slutter McGee mentioned, we need the MSM to be an ally not an enemy.

Ron Paul always takes the high road, we should too.

Johnny Appleseed
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Im with ya OP already deleted their channels from my tv. All media machines get their fuel from viewers/listeners.

The problem is a lot of people are hooked to these shows and like any addict are going to justify their use.

Freedom and liberty needs msm? We are doomed....

DamianTV
08-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Actually, I do like the idea. A boycott against the MSM, even local will not destroy them, or put them out of business. What it tells the MSM is that we are sick and tired of them acting like Ron Paul doesnt exist. When we hit them in the wallet, they will notice, but it wont cause any permanent damage. There are enough stupid people out there to watch the crap they put on and call entertainment that there is no possible way we could actually cause any long term negative effects.

Much like the Gasoline Boycott. We still need gas. And not buying gas for ONE DAY will not bury any Oil Company. The point is to make sure they realize that we are sick of their bullshit.

The media must recognize what is good for the people is good for their business too. What do they think will happen to their business if they put another Federal Reserve supporting snake into office and they just go under?

ronpaulyourmom
08-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Much like the Gasoline Boycott. We still need gas. And not buying gas for ONE DAY will not bury any Oil Company. The point is to make sure they realize that we are sick of their bullshit.

Not only does it not bury any oil company, it doesn't hurt them really at all. Delayed consumption is still consumption is it not? Even if you go a step further and look at a case such as BP, the boycott against BP after the spill was completely ineffective. This is because even if you boycott BP stations they are able to dump all of their gasoline on to the wholesale market for a mere 2 cents less than what they were making at the franchise stores, and BP stations were not exactly ghost towns. You just end up buying BP gasoline at a Shell, Mobil, or even an unbranded station.

Back to the MSM, the absolute best you could hope for would be 10,000 participants in the boycott. Most people who would care enough to assist were people not watching to begin with, so they dont really count. I mean how many of us here are among the 22 million people who watch nightly news on the major networks? I know I'm not and I don't know anybody in my life who is. The impact of the boycott would barely be measurable; I doubt it would even come up in a mid-level corporate meeting.

One last point I would make is how do you intend to reach those tens of millions of people who get all their news from the MSM? The end-goal here is votes is it not? The MSM is one of the only ways for us to reach these folks other than boots on the ground and/or direct contact. Every poll shows us failing in the 65+ age group, and it's precisely because the MSM isn't delivering our message. If you cannot co-opt the MSM at least on some level you will not win the election.

The energy should be spent the other way around. We need to make Ron Paul a ratings boost for the networks. That means providing interesting narratives and combined efforts to reward Ron Paul coverage. In large part the grassroots is doing this already, I think we've made a lot more progress than we did in 2007.