PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Christmas Cards

michaelwise
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Just thought I'd throw out a new idea in time for the Holidays. Many people mail out Christmas cards to friends and family. How about this year, we design cards with a vote for Ron Paul theme?

Energy
11-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Just thought I'd throw out a new idea in time for the Holidays. Many people mail out Christmas cards to friends and family. How about this year, we design cards with a vote for Ron Paul theme?

great idea, and ecards too.

MsDoodahs
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Yep, already planning to do this, AND - I'm including donation info inside the card, too.

Yes, I know it is tacky.

No, I don't care.

This is way more important than appearances.:D

The Good Doctor
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
This is a superb idea!

Meatwasp
11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I already thought about putting my Christmas letter on the back side of the Founding Fathers flyer. Ha!

MsDoodahs
11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I just finished designing one at VistaPrint...

Found a few that have appropriate cover art for the theme "Peace on Earth"

On the front, underneath "Peace on Earth" I added:

"Don't just WISH for it"

Inside card:

"VOTE for it.

Visit RonPaul2008.com

Vote for Ron Paul for President.

We wish you a peaceful holiday season."

NoDooDahs approves. I'll probably order them next week.

:D

Meatwasp
11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
That sounds great.

alicegardener
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Do you think a xmas card with a drawing of RP in a Santa hat would fly?

ladyliberty
11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
I wonder if Ron Paul has some Christmas Family photos he would share with us???

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
"No need to send me a gift this year, donate to www.RonPaul2008.com instead. Thank You!"

BrianH
11-03-2007, 07:47 PM

When I thought of festive theme for Ron Paul's campaign I thought of "Ron Paul for Peace and Liberty"

But something funny comparing him to Santa Claus would likely be popular. But seriously it's great to start thinking a major innovative ways to activate the silent majority who are dissillusioned with politics.

lasenorita
11-03-2007, 08:06 PM
That's really clever MsDoodahs! :)

I made my grandfather some Christmas cards for this year featuring Santa on a donkey and used the following poem:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'm writing this note to remind you
That inflation has taken away,
The things that I hold most essential
My workshop, my reindeer, my sleigh.

Now I'm making my rounds on a donkey.
He's old, he's crippled, he's slow.
So you'll know if I don't see you at Christmas,
That I'm out on my ass in the snow!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Love,
Santa Claus

I suppose I could add a "P.S. - Help stop inflation. Vote for Ron Paul." or something like that at the end. :D

MsDoodahs
11-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Bump with a question...

For older, non-computer using relatives...include a flyer with Dr. Paul's positions, a donation form, and a stamped envelope for them to mail their donation in?

For younger, computer using relatives...include a dvd?

Or do the former for everyone?

Corydoras
11-04-2007, 09:48 AM
For older, non-computer using relatives...include a flyer with Dr. Paul's positions, a donation form, and a stamped envelope for them to mail their donation in?

For younger, computer using relatives...include a dvd?

I thought the whole idea of the DVD was aiming it at people who would watch it on their TV set like a movie, but wouldn't look up Ron Paul on Google or YouTube-- i.e., I thought the DVD was aimed at non-computer users.

MsDoodahs
11-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I think I'm going to use the flyer, donation form, and pre-stamped donation envelope for everyone on the card list who is over age 50.

Reason being, I have lots of older people on my card list who aren't online and don't have a dvd player, either.

The older voter is out of the Ron Paul loop completely, so I think a flyer and the donation stuff is best for them.

Meatwasp
11-04-2007, 10:02 AM
That's really clever MsDoodahs! :)

I made my grandfather some Christmas cards for this year featuring Santa on a donkey and used the following poem:

I suppose I could add a "P.S. - Help stop inflation. Vote for Ron Paul." or something like that at the end. :D

That is so funny and cute. I sent some friends some dried and varnished deer droppings and said" Santa didn't leave you anything but Rudolf did"

tangent4ronpaul
11-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd stick to US Snail cards. There has been a rash of computer compromises recently to form botnets that use e-cards as a vector. Personally, I won't open them any more, and many others won't either.

Great idea about RP Christmas cards, though!

-n

tmdlkwd
11-10-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd stick to US Snail cards. There has been a rash of computer compromises recently to form botnets that use e-cards as a vector. Personally, I won't open them any more, and many others won't either.

Great idea about RP Christmas cards, though!

-n

I agree

Some RP Christmas cards would be great!!