PDA

View Full Version : Nov 10th Philadelphia rally back to Independence Mall!

jbydlak
11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
From the official campaign website:

Thanks to the combined efforts of grass roots supporters and the national campaign, the Saturday, November 10th Philadelphia rally will take place in downtown Philadelphia at Independence Mall!

The rally will begin at 1:00 PM.

Thanks to everyone who helped us reduce the cost of the rally so that we could confirm the original Independence Mall location.

Independence Mall is located just off Arch Street, in the historic district of Philadelphia, between 5th and 6th Streets.

No campaign events will take place at Valley Forge.

Join Ron Paul this Veteran’s Day Weekend and stand up for our freedoms!

NinjaPirate
11-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Hehe, I was going to post about this, but you beat me! Let the celebration commence! :D

im_a_pepper
11-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Wow that is excellent, I hope all you nay-sayers feel a bit better now that you have been heard.

terlinguatx
11-03-2007, 04:11 PM

im_a_pepper
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Could an Admin sticky, or Maybe if Josh or someone could announce on the main page? This is Great News!

angelatc
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Congratulations to all of you who worked so hard to make this right.

abstrusezincate
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
There were a number of people involved in making this work, but I want to give great credit to the Philadelphia Meetups, and especially to Meghan, to Bill, and to Mehul. Everyone busted their ass to make this happen, and we're all happy to see this heading back where it belongs. :)

torchbearer
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Could an Admin sticky, or Maybe if Josh or someone could announce on the main page? This is Great News!

I bet some people are going to be pissed, having to change reservations for the third time!!!

yoshimaroka
11-03-2007, 04:19 PM
What was the cost reduced to and how was it reduced?

Thurston Howell III
11-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow, fantastic! Thanks somebody.

Some day I'd like to hear "the rest of this story." :)

James R
11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes! We Are Back On Track!

MGreen
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow, well done everyone. RP supporters are unstoppable!

DrNoZone
That's amazing! I'd like to know the details, because I'm a nerd like that, but either way thank you to those who worked hard to return this rally to its proper location! I wish I could be there, but I look forward to the YouTube's!

terlinguatx

Duckman
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Awesome!!!!! :d:d

abstrusezincate
11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Now that this is going to be at Independence Mall, we are going to need to have as many people as possible come out. So, you better all show up!

brandon
11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
That's amazing! I'd like to know the details, because I'm a nerd like that, but either way thank you to those who worked hard to return this rally to its proper location! I wish I could be there, but I look forward to the YouTube's!

The campaign took control of the rally last month. Poor planning led to the rally being moved to valley forge. The philadelphia grassroots did not accept this. In under 24 hours a group of about 20 people in the philadelphia area planned 95% of the rally and arrived at a very reasonable cost.

Special thanks to Neal from the campaign for listening to us.

0zzy
11-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Im Happy :).

AFTFNJ
11-03-2007, 04:39 PM
WOOT!!!! Where is da champagne we gotta celebrate!

MozoVote
11-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Volunteers do it cheaper... Who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

terlinguatx
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM

hellah10
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
out....

standing!

great job guys.... really great job

Nefertiti
11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
That's super! Thanks for the hard work to all of you in Philly. Now, tell us who else is going to be added to the lineup beside our man!

Hurricane Bruiser
11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I do wonder what the final cost is since we were all discussing inflated cost figures etc... and I do wonder what changes drastically reduced the cost?

Well I am coming for sure along with wife and 3 kids from WV. VERY much looking forward to it now.

brandon
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I do wonder what the final cost is since we were all discussing inflated cost figures etc... and I do wonder what changes drastically reduced the cost?

Well I am coming for sure along with wife and 3 kids from WV. VERY much looking forward to it now.

We dont know for sure why the original cost was so high. We didn't modify the original plans. We started from scratch and came up with a cost only a small fraction of the original cost. I'm not sure if I can say an exact figure.

KewlRonduderules
11-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Much better.

:)

Hey, if the meet ups or the campaign need more money- don't worry I will still contribute as well as the most of the grassroots.

Oh trolls, how are you going to attack this now? Ha ha!!!

Right back at you!!!

;)

brandon
11-03-2007, 05:04 PM
That's super! Thanks for the hard work to all of you in Philly. Now, tell us who else is going to be added to the lineup beside our man!

Rockie Lynne will be performing.

ItsTime
11-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats! I am glad they took the bull by the horns and did something more than mass email the campaign! Any figure on the final cost?

The campaign took control of the rally last month. Poor planning led to the rally being moved to valley forge. The philadelphia grassroots did not accept this. In under 24 hours a group of about 20 people in the philadelphia area planned 95% of the rally and arrived at a very reasonable cost.

Special thanks to Neal from the campaign for listening to us.

thehittgirl
11-03-2007, 05:06 PM
That's good news. Son was happy when I told him. I had told him Valley Forge might not have fit us and he wasn't happy.

So this is great!!!!! He'll have a wonderful birthday.

traviskicks
11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
The campaign took control of the rally last month.

lol, therin probably lies the problem... We the people are better doing these things ourselves, IMO.

Perhaps in future campaigns, many years down the road, there will just be the candidate him or herself with no paid staffers or 'campaign funds' and everything funded and staffed by the grassroots.

I mean, heck, people already have PACs and have set up money pools which are running comercials and things much better than those being churned out by the campaign and probably much cheaper.

Nefertiti
11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I notice it is scheduled to start at 1 pm. Wasn't it noon before?

TexMac
11-03-2007, 05:10 PM
You guys are the best!!

brandon
11-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I notice it is scheduled to start at 1 pm. Wasn't it noon before?

Yea, the rally will now be at 1PM

There is conflicting info on ronpaul2008.com

On the left it says the rally will be at 12 still. This needs to be changed.

Nefertiti
11-03-2007, 05:12 PM
lol, therin probably lies the problem... We the people are better doing these things ourselves, IMO.

Agreed. I always had confidence in the grassroots' ability to pull this off, but when it got out of their hands that is when things started to go downhill.

This really is a powerful story how the people can often do something better than the bureaucrats. Sorry to say that the official campaign and its bureaucrats is still a necessary evil.

TexMac
11-03-2007, 05:14 PM
digg it here, this is from RP's site:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_s_supporters_man_up

slantedview
11-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Is this for real!?

greves
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Damn, this is exciting. I wish I could go. I'm actually considering it. €315 round trip from Amsterdam... what's that like $8,000 with the falling dollar? :D

NinjaPirate
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Damn, this is exciting. I wish I could go. I'm actually considering it. €315 round trip from Amsterdam... what's that like $8,000 with the falling dollar? :D

Heh, something like that. :p

Hurricane Bruiser
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Well I have hotel reservations near Valley Forge right now but I'll just tour it a bit and then head into downtown mall area. Never been to Philly so figured I'd check out the historic sites while there. Since I'm driving in, the hotel being 30 min away isn't a big deal.

Nefertiti
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Yea, the rally will now be at 1PM

There is conflicting info on ronpaul2008.com

On the left it says the rally will be at 12 still. This needs to be changed.

It has been changed now. Someone is paying attention at HQ!

MsDoodahs
11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Congratulations!

Now, who are the speakers other than Ron?

Are there any?

piotr1
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
wow, this is amazing.

tnvoter
11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
i love you guys :)

Karrl
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
To the group of people in philly that helped turn this around.....

AWESOME WORK!!

Mandrik
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Just reading this for the first time and I gotta say WOOT! KICK ASS! Being in downtown Philly will have a HUGE impact compared to some small spot in King of Prussia/Valley Forge or whatever.

Thank you all who worked their asses off to make this happen at the only spot it should be happening. You have made my day. Seriously.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Thank God. Way to go, guys! :)

TruckinMike
11-03-2007, 06:36 PM
This is great news...

But there is one thing wrong. I think I have developed a case of Bi-Polar disorder.

:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:(:D

...and now I'm happy

TruckinMike

Margo37
11-03-2007, 06:49 PM
This is WONDERFUL news..................and now I have a ton of postings and mailings to happily re-do!
GREAT WORK!

Spirit of '76
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I bet some people are going to be pissed, having to change reservations for the third time!!!

A bit annoyed, yeah...

slantedview
11-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Where's Semetary? Why isn't he here celebrating

rajibo
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Where's Semetary? Why isn't he here celebrating

He's probably handing out Valley Forge flyers.:o

ACJohn
11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Sweet you have just warmed the cockles of this old curmudgeon’s heart. Now I will have to add a little bit extra to my Nov. 5th donation as a Philly Rally bonus.

robofx
11-03-2007, 08:30 PM
This made my day, and you know what? After the threat of losing the Rally location, I'm like 10 times more excited about it now that it's back in the original spot.

I dunno. Maybe the campaign planned it this way. I find myself much more excited about the rally, also, seemingly *because* it was moved then moved back.

If this was a conscious manipulation on the part of the campaign, it was quite brilliant. :)

realitywiz
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
This just shows us how powerful we really are. If something goes wrong, we make it right! :D

_______

slantedview
11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
He's probably handing out Valley Forge flyers.:o

God I hope not.

kern802
11-03-2007, 09:36 PM
This is such great news! I was so disappointed in HQ. After all your hard work I can now feel great about the campaign again!

Primbs
11-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Independence Hall is what I call the ultimate Ron Paul Experience.
From Wikipedia:

Experiential Marketing connects consumers with brands in personally relevant and memorable ways.

The idea of experiential marketing reflects a right brain bias because it is about fulfilling consumers’ aspirations to experience certain feelings – comfort and pleasure on one hand, and avoidance of discomfort and displeasure on the other.

Experiential marketing occurs in person. It is a direct interaction one-on-one between a brand and an individual consumer. This experience creates a stronger relationship with the consumer.

In contrast, traditional product centric marketing reflects a left brain bias because it generally seeks to persuade consumers by invoking rational factors that position the advertised brand as better than competing brands. Product centric marketing presumes a degree of rationality in consumers’ decision-making that contemporary brain science refutes. Consumers’ decisions are much more influenced by emotionally generated feelings than by their rationally derived thought.

With emerging media entering the marketplace on a regular basis, vying for consumers’ attention is becoming increasingly difficult. The 30-second spot is proving to be less effective and marketers are forced to look for alternatives. Consumers themselves have even resorted to avoiding messages whenever possible by installing pop-up blockers or fast forwarding their DVR (such as TiVo) to avoid commercials.

Experiential marketing was once seen as an alternative approach to reaching the most media-savvy audience. It offers an engaging, entertaining and interactive brand experience unmatched by traditional marketing. In today's marketing landscape experiential marketing is leading the way.

James R
11-03-2007, 11:11 PM
God I hope not.

His last words were:
"Now, I have to go to work for the next 14 hours so I can try and keep up."

So, chances are he is sound asleep after a 14-hour workday!

hellah10
11-03-2007, 11:45 PM
i would imagine he woulda got a call saying that its back to its original spot

Sematary
11-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Never fear. I am overjoyed at this point. I've been on countless calls and three way calls and talking to the Philly folks and Neil Moore and pretty much doing whatever I could to help. It HAS been a very long couple of days but to finally get the call this afternoon (yesterday afternoon I guess) that it was back in Philly made my day.

qwerty
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Awesome!

Now get out there and ADVERTISE IT!

atthegates
11-04-2007, 12:33 AM
i just wanna say great job to the guys in philly

walt
11-04-2007, 08:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Forge

There should be a march from Valley Forge to Philly to symbolize and celebrate the sacrifice of those soldiers perhaps.

Sematary
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Forge

There should be a march from Valley Forge to Philly to symbolize and celebrate the sacrifice of those soldiers perhaps.

Exactly how many people do you know that can make a 20 mile march?

frasu
11-04-2007, 09:46 AM
thank you, thank you, thank you!

walt
11-04-2007, 10:05 AM

I said should. If you read that entry on Valley Forge - you clearly see how silly we all are

me3
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Well I have hotel reservations near Valley Forge right now but I'll just tour it a bit and then head into downtown mall area. Never been to Philly so figured I'd check out the historic sites while there. Since I'm driving in, the hotel being 30 min away isn't a big deal.
What is parking like at Independence Mall?

drexhex
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
What is parking like at Independence Mall?

Quick Google search of "Independence Mall parking" came up with this:
http://www.philapark.org/findparking/parking_locations.aspx?parking_location_id=9

EDIT: Wow, I feel dumb.

Nefertiti
11-04-2007, 10:50 AM
We need someone in period costume reading the Declaration of Independence at the opening of the rally.

Matt Collins
11-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Special thanks to Neal from the campaign for listening to us.Yes, Neal is a great guy!

BizmanUSA
11-04-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.philapark.org/findparking/parking_locations.aspx?parking_location_id=9

Also, on the actual Ind. Mall site,
"Parking is for Guests and Visitors
The parking area is private property and is intended for the use of mall guests, visitors and employees. Vehicles must be parked in legal designated spaces. Violators are subject to tickets and/or towing. Unauthorized overnight parking is not permitted and is also subject to towing."
http://www.independencemall.com/content.asp?ContentId=531&inside_mall=Yes

Did a site survey there and parked at the underground garage - it was expensive! We were there for less than an hour it was like $6.00 on a Saturday. Philly may actually be more expensive than Pittsburgh.

Might suggest looking to see if there are any outlying lots that do shuttle service. They might not normally do Saturday shuttles but if contacted and alerted they may be willing to accomadate the RP rally goers.

If there is a will there is a way and with the RP grassroots support people there is without a doubt a way that has been / is being dealt with

BizmanUSA

mika813
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM

Also, on the actual Ind. Mall site,
"Parking is for Guests and Visitors
The parking area is private property and is intended for the use of mall guests, visitors and employees. Vehicles must be parked in legal designated spaces. Violators are subject to tickets and/or towing. Unauthorized overnight parking is not permitted and is also subject to towing."
http://www.independencemall.com/content.asp?ContentId=531&inside_mall=Yes

Hey Drexhex....the second link seems to go to a retail/commercial mall not the one in downtown Philly......you may want to edit that to avoid confusion

mika813
11-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Also.....this is what I found for the Downtown site.......http://www.nps.gov/inde/

drexhex
11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Drexhex....the second link seems to go to a retail/commercial mall not the one in downtown Philly......you may want to edit that to avoid confusion

LOL, wow... How could I miss that? I was wondering why the picture at the top was water and a boat.

Haha, I feel dumb now.

mika813
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Did a site survey there and parked at the underground garage - it was expensive! We were there for less than an hour it was like $6.00 on a Saturday. Philly may actually be more expensive than Pittsburgh.

Might suggest looking to see if there are any outlying lots that do shuttle service. They might not normally do Saturday shuttles but if contacted and alerted they may be willing to accomadate the RP rally goers.

If there is a will there is a way and with the RP grassroots support people there is without a doubt a way that has been / is being dealt with

BizmanUSA

How far (Blocks or miles?) was it from the actual site? The underground parking lot that is. Not to concerned about cost since it will be easier then trying to "feed the meter" for on street parking..............

KoozieChaz
11-04-2007, 05:01 PM
How far (Blocks or miles?) was it from the actual site? Not to concerned about cost since it will be easier then trying to "feed the meter" for on street parking..............

I went to google maps, pulled up the Indepedence Mall/Visitors Center and the clicked on the local business tab and searched parking. Many close by.

dsentell
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Yeah TODAY . . . who only knows how MUCH it might be by then . . . :D :) :D :)

BizmanUSA
11-04-2007, 07:54 PM
How far (Blocks or miles?) was it from the actual site? The underground parking lot that is. Not to concerned about cost since it will be easier then trying to "feed the meter" for on street parking..............

Right under the Market St side of the mall with the entrance on 5th St. You may want to check into Platinum credit card status! :eek:

Make sure you get there early as there is the Vets for Peace exhibit on the areas of 1, 2 & 3 (from Market St to about 1/2 way towards Arch St) The RP rally is allocated to areas 4, 5, & 6 (closer to the Arch St. side)

So this will be a very busy little area!

They (V for P) have welcomed the RP rally attendees and understand that overflow from the RP rally is bound to occur.

I hope they understand the thousands of RP people that will be at the rally!

BizmanUSA

Paul4Prez
11-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Did anyone watch Sunday Night Football tonight? It was the Cowboys versus the Eagles -- in Philadelphia.... They showed the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall, and the Rocky statue... It was an awesome preview of next Saturday....

BizmanUSA
11-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Hey mika813,

It took me until this morning to realize this was your post!

Cool Beans!

Hope to see you there :D

BizmanUSA

sedele
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Did anyone watch Sunday Night Football tonight? It was the Cowboys versus the Eagles -- in Philadelphia.... They showed the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall, and the Rocky statue... It was an awesome preview of next Saturday....

Please don't remind me. :(

Spirit of '76
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
A bit annoyed, yeah...

Ok, I've gotten over myself. :D

We've gone back to the original plan, and will be riding the train up from Washington on Saturday morning.

This is gonna be awesome.

ronpaulhawaii
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Great news!!! Great job everyone. Glad I finally got the time to "catch up". This makes my day!!!

hehe ;)

We need someone in period costume reading the Declaration of Independence at the opening of the rally.

I like that idea, a lot!

Can't wait for the YouTubes. Have fun everyone, I'll be with you in spirit and adding to the money bomb.

m