PDA

View Full Version : Palin endorsement possible?

The Magic Hoof
08-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure she would endorse Bachmann. If anything, she'll endorse Perry. But.... I still think there's a chance that she may endorse Paul. It's a slim chance, but hey, it's still up in the air.

When do you think she will announce who she's endorsing?

silverpatriot
08-21-2011, 11:20 AM
If she announces who she is endorsing, I get the feeling it wouldn't be until later on, a bit closer to the New Hampshire primary.

Quite a few seem to think that she is going to throw her hat in the ring...I personally don't believe so. I may disagree with her on many, many things but she is not a stupid person...she knows how toxic she is in the media.

minusbear
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM
that neocon bimbo anywhere near us would hurt

parocks
08-21-2011, 11:57 AM
first find out whether she's running for pres

sailingaway
08-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I think she may be running for president. She endorsed Perry for governor though, remember.

Aratus
08-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Her endorsement of Rand Paul gave him a timely boost!!!
Trey Grayson had initially assumed the contest was a cakewalk.
Rand was the underdog until Sarah Palin + Jim Bunning backed him!

mit26chell
08-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I think she's running. Last night on Hannity Donald Trump said that during the few weeks a few months back that he was flirting with running, "Mrs Bachmann and Mrs Palin as well as Herman Cain all called me and asked me for my support when I withdrew my ambitions" (or something along those lines). Why would Palin be personally calling Trump asking for support if she wasn't running for president?

mit26chell
08-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Wouldn't hurt to start asking her for her endorsement, though. Anyone know a way to get in touch with her or her people? We need to start putting pressure on her for an endorsement.

Aratus
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
i keep on saying she's running in 2016!

barack obama's looming billion dollar media blitz

and his incumbant potus status makes it wide open then!

bluesc
08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I think she'll run, and she seems to be the only candidate that takes support from us. It will hurt for a while.

parocks
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
The most famous Republican and the most popular Republican will be formidable.

misconstrued
08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I think she'll run, and she seems to be the only candidate that takes support from us. It will hurt for a while.

I am 90% sure she will run. She is just waiting for Bachmann to crash and burn.

Aratus
08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
REP. BACHMANN or RICK PERRY or bOTH!

Buchananite
08-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I think she's running. Last night on Hannity Donald Trump said that during the few weeks a few months back that he was flirting with running, "Mrs Bachmann and Mrs Palin as well as Herman Cain all called me and asked me for my support when I withdrew my ambitions" (or something along those lines). Why would Palin be personally calling Trump asking for support if she wasn't running for president?
Link?

mit26chell
08-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Link?

Heard it in the car. It was around 10:00 at night, so was probably a re-airing of Hannity's radio show from earlier in the day. I'll try and find a link for you.

orenbus
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't hurt to start asking her for her endorsement, though. Anyone know a way to get in touch with her or her people? We need to start putting pressure on her for an endorsement.

That part would be relatively easy I think. I remember a supporter during the Rand Paul campaign sent her a certified letter in the mail asking that she come out and support Rand Paul. Would just need, ideally the same person to do the same thing again with the same content in the letter since it worked the first time. That's assuming of course that she isn't running or hopes to ride on someone's coattails to become vice president which I think would be more likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXytE_EbqjE&t=2m30s

Fast forward to 2:30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXytE_EbqjE&t=2m30s)

mit26chell
08-21-2011, 01:14 PM
No links are up yet. Hannity archives his radio shows though, so it should be up tomorrow ;) He definitely said it though. I thought to myself, 'did he mean to say that?'

No Free Beer
08-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I predicted this months ago. She will endorse Ron before Iowa.

FreeTraveler
08-21-2011, 01:30 PM
She's gonna run. Carl Rove's not happy about it, but he's calling it anyway. I think he's right. The rest of the social conservatives either have or will shortly crash and burn. She'll end up being their last best hope.

Aratus
08-21-2011, 01:37 PM
would divine sarah vomit at the idea of a perry/santorum ticket??
would divine sarah barely tolerate any romney/bachmann ticket???
would divine sarah hope to be part of any ron or rand ticket in 2012?

Havax
08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
There is literally no chance she endorses Ron. Literally none. Anyone is delusional for thinking this. She is a darling to Fox and all the radio talking heads...all of which hate Ron. She would be giving all that up and endorsing someone with the opposite foreign policy and social freedom views. She's either running or endorsing Rick Perry.

Aratus
08-21-2011, 01:54 PM
she normally would be running the way bachmann is. she may not be part of rick perry's
bandwagon and might actually dovetail behind a romney/bachmann ticket temporarily...

Kords21
08-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't want Palin anywher near Ron's campaign. She'll back either Bachman or Perry since they're all pretty much into the same religion. I will forever damn McCain for unleashing Plain upon the world, even though I'm starting to think he was forced by the religious right to pick her moreso than by any other group. These people are scary.

realtonygoodwin
08-21-2011, 01:59 PM
You seem to have forgotten her recent evolution into a more non-interventionist foreign policy.

parocks
08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
would divine sarah vomit at the idea of a perry/santorum ticket??
would divine sarah barely tolerate any romney/bachmann ticket???
would divine sarah hope to be part of any ron or rand ticket in 2012?

Palin might pick Ron Paul as VP

havoc37
08-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Palin should totally endorse Paul, like she did his son.

Feeding the Abscess
08-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I can't believe people are STILL falling for this Palin nonsense. If you haven't seen her true colors by now, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Slutter McGee
08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I think an endorsement would be good, but extremely unlikely. I can see some justification for an endorsement. 1. It would be giving a big fuck you to the establishment, which is apart of her image, even if you don't think she is anti establishment. She can justify it by saying I don't agree with him on foreign policy, but until we get out of this mess, we can't afford the foreign policy I believe in. Dr. Paul is the only person that could do it.

So yeah, I think she could endorse him in such a way that she does not lose her following. I just don't think she will.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 03:11 PM
She endorsed Rand because someone sent a certified letter to her house in Wascilla which she opened and read herself. It talked about how she needed to take a look at Rand and his platform and that she should endorse him. Sure enough, she did.