PDA

View Full Version : Letter: Media spin is that Ron Paul can't win; right, neither could Truman

RDM
08-21-2011, 09:48 AM
From the article:

I can see the ghost of Harry Truman chuckling at today's media, treating Ron Paul as they did the Man from Missouri in 1948.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/aug/21/letter-media-spin-is-that-ron-paul-cant-win/

Aratus
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM
yes!!! ----then as now, the main media outlets are corperate conglomerates, and the
political machines could be out of touch if not always detriamental to the public at large!

Fatejuggler
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
We don't need to go back that far to make the point do we? More recently, in the early days of Obama's campaign the media all were saying he had no chance of getting the nomination too. They rolled with laughter at the very idea. McCain was also considered to be a long-shot until well into the primary. There seems to be some collective amnesia about all that though.

To me those things seem very significant because it shows the public has recently trended towards electing candidates that defy the status quo.

ItsTime
08-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Neither could a black senator with no experience and little sense.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-21-2011, 06:20 PM
All I know for sure is that any of us here at RPF has a better shot at the presidency than Jon Huntsman.