PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul piece on CNN Reliable Sources

amjwh99
08-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Did anyone else catch this?

According to the host of CNN's Reliable Sources, Ron Paul said no to an interview on Reliable Sources and State of the Union last Sunday.

A lady on the show also said that writing articles about Ron Paul or mentioning him online is a "dirty little secret". It would always lead to an increase in web traffic for the website.

Dlynne
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
I heard this before about last Sunday. I also read that either ABC or NBC had tried, 2 weeks before the Iowa poll, to book Paul for the Sunday show after the Iowa poll. The Paul campaign declined.

Paul very much needs a professional media coordinator or manager, as well as other professional staff.

Cleaner44
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Did anyone else catch this?

According to the host of CNN's Reliable Sources, Ron Paul said no to an interview on Reliable Sources and State of the Union last Sunday.

A lady on the show also said that writing articles about Ron Paul or mentioning him online is a "dirty little secret". It would always lead to an increase in web traffic for the website.

Of course including Ron Paul in web articles leads to tons more traffic, and of course web traffic equals money. These websites exist purely to make money, so when the media excludes Ron Paul and purposefully keeps their traffic down, they are purposefully reducing their revenue.

Now why would a website, like cnn for example, want less traffic instead of more?

Why would they ignore Ron Paul and not make easy money?

Would it be because they have more to gain by keeping Ron Paul out of the white house, than they would by monitizing increased web traffic?

sailingaway
08-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I understood from a quote they (not the campaign) gave at the time that they wanted him on whether he won or lost and the campaign said no.... but they then wouldn't take him when he came just shy of winning and they tried to get him on. The campaign reported it as having had a loose arrangement to be on and having been told no when they tried to take them up on it.