PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating

ScrambleLight
08-21-2011, 08:55 AM
I was just thinking...

With hot dogs going on sale (last year they were $0.99 a pack for ballpark at Marsh) for labor day coming up if 4-6 people got together and each chipped in $30-$50 and brought some handouts and CAM-8s (the primary ballot petition in Indiana) to collect signatures... we could go a long way toward getting signatures to get Ron Paul on the ballot, identify supporters, and provide some support for YALs or CRs on campus' in preparation for next spring. We just need a few grads or other supporters willing to grill out and have a good time with some young people.

I've got a small grill, it was sufficient when we did this last year, and would absolutely be willing to do one at Ball State and possibly a couple more if this is seen as a good idea.

It would increase costs quite a bit, but teams always have white, red, black - outs and we could possibly make up some "I support Ron Paul" t-shirts in school colors too.

bwlibertyman
08-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I'm over at Indiana State. Football is rising over here. I wouldn't mind going to Purdue or Indiana or even Notre Dame if we get enough people.

tajitj
09-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I am in. I live in Richmond which is a short 40 minute drive to Ball State.

I was just at an IU game, there were thousands in what looked like a mosh pit. I say go right put and start handing out flyers. Who cares if they end up on the ground, if there it one thing the drunk kids see, it should be a Ron Paul flyer.

ScrambleLight
09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
I will be grilling hot dogs and hanging out with the College Republicans at Ball State tomorrow if anyone is going to the game feel free to find us. I don't have much in the way of handout materials except for some stuff I made but I will try to collect some signatures and talk to people. I should be stocked by the next game, I think I will do all of Ball State's home games that the CRs tailgate at.