PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Crushes the Oppossition in NH!

Paul Revered
08-21-2011, 01:02 AM
LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- It’s been a good week for Ron Paul: a statistical tie at the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa last Saturday, a thousand New Hampshire voters at the Concord, New Hampshire office opening Wednesday night, and today, a resounding victory in the New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll in New Castle.

With 45% of the vote, Paul soundly beat his closest rivals at this traditional lobster bake, with Mitt Romney earning 10% of the vote, followed by Thaddeus McCotter and Rick Perry, tied at 8%.

“Ron Paul’s message of traditional conservatism -- fiscal restraint, limited government, and strong national defense -- is clearly the future of the Republican Party,” said NH Chairman and State Senator Jim Forsythe, who spoke on behalf of Congressman Paul at the Straw Poll. “The other candidates know that and sound more like him every day. But there are convenient copies, and there’s the real thing.

“It takes more than a sound bite and a flip-flop to fool New Hampshire voters. That’s why there’s real momentum here for Ron Paul.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ron-Paul-Takes-New-Hampshire-bw-464017234.html?x=0&.v=1

guitarlifter
08-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Of course Ron is going to come out on top! :D

nbruno322
08-21-2011, 06:05 AM
“Ron Paul’s message of traditional conservatism -- fiscal restraint, limited government, and strong national defense -- is clearly the future of the Republican Party,” said NH Chairman and State Senator Jim Forsythe, who spoke on behalf of Congressman Paul at the Straw Poll. “The other candidates know that and sound more like him every day. But there are convenient copies, and there’s the real thing.

“It takes more than a sound bite and a flip-flop to fool New Hampshire voters. That’s why there’s real momentum here for Ron Paul.”

~ Jim Forsythe, NH Ron Paul Campaign Chairman, NH State Senator, and US Air Force Vet

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-21-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLD3Z6sJWA

Aratus
08-21-2011, 11:39 AM
there is a Fish Fry Georgia straw poll on the 27th! if we could link the win in N.H to the tacit tie at Ames,
we can Drudge the three polls as proof positive of bandwagon momentum despite the media blackout!!!!!

zacharyrow
08-21-2011, 11:48 AM
there is a Fish Fry Georgia straw poll on the 27th! if we could link the win in N.H to the tacit tie at Ames,
we can Drudge the three polls as proof positive of bandwagon momentum despite the media blackout!!!!!

I don't know, that sounds fishy.

IndianaPolitico
08-21-2011, 11:48 AM
"Thaddeus McCotter and Rick Perry, tied at 8%."

You've got to love it!

Aratus
08-21-2011, 11:55 AM
GEORGIA's STRAW POLL has eats, its only 15 bucks to get in, and a Fish Fry is pure southern cooking logic!
The N.H Young Republican Straw Poll had folks paying a bit more (double?) and there were those fresh local lobsters!
AMES had been a cross between a regional state fair and a political rally! i'm trying to put Georgia on the map next to N.H + Iowa!

wgadget
08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
LOL...The Georgia fish fry is in PERRY, Georgia. I'm sure those old Establishment types will try tol make some hay with that.

sailingaway
08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't know, that sounds fishy.

Georgia is where Cain had his radio show pretty recently. It and Florida are his biggest strongholds. I'd like to win there, actually, but I never thought of Georgia as one of OUR strongholds....anyone know anyone from Georgia?

I mean, I've seen one or two people around the boards whose usernames suggest that is where they are from, but literally, it seems like one or two....

thehighwaymanq
08-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Probably the best week for the campaign all year.

VBRonPaulFan
08-21-2011, 12:46 PM
was this the official straw poll that the candidates were stumping in NH to win? i haven't heard anything at all about this straw poll anywhere other than here.

pcosmar
08-21-2011, 12:48 PM
"Perry loses Perry"

The headline I want to see.
;)

Anti Federalist
08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?310646-Georgia-Straw-Poll-and-Fish-Fry-8-27