PDA

View Full Version : Why is Ron Paul so popular on the net?

Gimme Some Truth
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
What are your thoughts?

benhaskins
11-03-2007, 01:38 PM
i would say lack of coverage on tv and the convenience of watching what u want when u want via the internet.

Zarxrax
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
The mainstream media force-feeds you what they want you to hear. The internet lets you hear what you want to hear. Many people love the ideas of Ron Paul, and so they flock to him on the internet, because the mainstream media ignores them.

I've long believed that the internet is a great indication of whats really hot out there. It can show you what issues are on peoples minds, what people are interested in, even what products are going to fly off the shelves. I made incredible gains after investing in Nintendo stock after seeing the huge buzz about their Wii console on the net :)

Bestboss
11-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I suspect Ron Paul devotees are more independant thinkers. Some are likely young and questioning the system. Others, like myself, are middle age and after years of voting for the lesser of two evils, are practicing independant thinking.
Regardless, the internet is a vast source of information. Some good and some bad. In a short time, one can research a subject and usually find a range of sites that will enhance their knowledge.
No longer limited to the local library or the expensive encyclopeidas we have collected. It's all there for the asking and the world is better for it. Not having the governments controlling our thoughts and beliefs, maybe history need not keep repeating itself afterall!

Matt Collins
11-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Ron Paul is the intellectual person's canididate. Intellectual people are found in higher numbers on the Net than in the general population.

Gimme Some Truth
11-03-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=344814#post344814

Hope its suffice :)

torchbearer
11-03-2007, 04:37 PM
What are your thoughts?

People who get there information from the internet have a more complete source of information on which to base their decisions on... plus, those who are more involved in their country's politics would naturally turn to the internet for more information since they can't get it from the MSM... thus, people who use the internet support the most logical candidate based on complete facts, Ron Paul.

Perry
11-03-2007, 04:44 PM
What are your thoughts?

Simple answer. Because he can be heard on the net.

Freedom
11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Your question assumes something that is not true; Ron Paul is not popular on the Internet.

It is his message that is popular. He has said that he is imperfect to deliver the message, yet the message is pure and perfect.

I don't support Ron Paul for President because he is good looking, has a deep voice, or an actor's sense of dramatic oratory. No, I support him because he is the only one whose message resonants with my desire for freedom, prosperity and peace.

Who among us wants to be locked up? Who among us desires to be poor? Who among us wants the ravages of war visited upon them?

The Internet thrives on content. The message that Ron Paul is delivering is the content that every human being most desires for themselves.

Ron Paul has said many times, "Freedom is popular!" The Internet is the last bastion of free speech. That is why his message is spreading like wildfire on the Internet.

Jaykzo
11-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Simple answer. Because he can be heard on the net.

Agree 100%

If Ron Paul had as much exposure as Hillary, there would be no doubt to who would be taking office in January of '09.

torchbearer
11-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Your question assumes something that is not true; Ron Paul is not popular on the Internet.

It is his message that is popular. He has said that he is imperfect to deliver the message, yet the message is pure and perfect.

I don't support Ron Paul for President because he is good looking, has a deep voice, or an actor's sense of dramatic oratory. No, I support him because he is the only one whose message resonants with my desire for freedom, prosperity and peace.

Who among us wants to be locked up? Who among us desires to be poor? Who among us wants the ravages of war visited upon them?

The Internet thrives on content. The message that Ron Paul is delivering is the content that every human being most desires for themselves.

Ron Paul has said many times, "Freedom is popular!" The Internet is the last bastion of free speech. That is why his message is spreading like wildfire on the Internet.

+1. Write that on every subway wall and tenement hall.

IHaveaDream
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
The internet is becoming the "third party" of techno-politics (the other two parties being the Main Stream Media and talk radio). And we all know how 3rd parties are received. Is it any wonder that even talk radio, which is primarily a Republican pulpit, is stifiling dialogue about RP, when RP himself is a Republican? It's not just the other candidates that are worried about RP and the power of the internet. The talking heads on the left and the right want exclusive control of the sphere of influence, and RP's campaign is revealing that it could very well slip away from them. They relish their power and they have friends in high places. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see some new legislation regarding politics and the internet in the not too distant future.

torchbearer
11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
The internet is becoming the "third party" of techno-politics (the other two parties being the Main Stream Media and talk radio). And we all know how 3rd parties are received. Is it any wonder that even talk radio, which is primarily a Republican pulpit, is stifiling dialogue about RP, when RP himself is a Republican? It's not just the other candidates that are worried about RP and the power of the internet. The talking heads on the left and the right want exclusive control of the sphere of influence, and RP's campaign is revealing that it could very well slip away from them. They relish their power and they have friends in high places. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see some new legislation regarding politics and the internet in the not too distant future.

they tried to do that in Louisiana, they tried to silence bloggers by requiring them to file as with the Ethics boards if they reported on politics.

J4ck
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM
It's all about access to independet (or real) information. If we would get accurate information from the MSM Ron would be at 99% in the polls.. and well..90% of the congress members and the industrial elite would be lynched.
So don't expect that too soon. ;)

SeanEdwards
11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Agree 100%

If Ron Paul had as much exposure as Hillary, there would be no doubt to who would be taking office in January of '09.

Winner of the thread.

Man from La Mancha
11-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Ron Paul is the intellectual person's canididate. Intellectual people are found in higher numbers on the Net than in the general population.Easier to round up too:p

Jaykzo
11-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Winner of the thread.

You're too kind, really :D

Lord Xar
11-04-2007, 12:55 AM
the MSM and power elite do not control the internet. Information is freely had here. In other words, no filter enabled us to find the truth, rather than having MSM give it to us.

The truth is RON PAUL. Plain and simple.

PatriotG
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM

I will absolutley second this!
Well said!

PatriotG

specsaregood
11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh, I guess you all hadn't heard the truth.

Ron Paul cracked the code of the internet! But he is keeping it secret.

JimDude
11-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Its simple because the internet is like a free market, but for ideas.
In the internet, people can exchange ideas two ways and communicate with each other and spread ideas. Unlike television, it is low cost and practically everyone has access to it.

But the television is a one-way avenue for communication. Its difficult for people to buy Air-Time and express their dissent for something they might not like seeing on TV. Its a one-way conversation. And thats dangerous, because the power to control the content on television is controlled by a relative few.

So thats why Ron Paul is popular on the internet, its the free market of ideas at work choosing the best candidate.

paulitics
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
What are your thoughts?

because the internet is the free market of thought and infomation. Libertarianism is in a fertile and nurturing environment, as opposed to a controlled environment where centralized social structure and or govt is embraced.

This coupled with the fact that there is much blowback from our assault on civil liberties. Those who research online, tend to be more informed than those who are force fed information.

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.

PatriotG
11-06-2007, 05:40 AM
As well as the AP

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PAUL_FUNDRAISING?SITE=NJASB&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I hope we see more of this
PatriotG