PDA

View Full Version : RP Should mention his strong straw poll standings

Apauled
11-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I think it would be a good idea for Dr. Paul to mention his strong straw poll standings when asked about the "fixed MSM polls" that call outdated republicans.

Don't Taze me Bro!
Just a thought

Apauled
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
What do you think?

jrich4rpaul
11-03-2007, 01:39 PM
That would definately be a good point to bring up in the "But you only have 2%, why bother" interviews.

Lord Xar
11-03-2007, 02:17 PM
for sure.. there are a LOT of things Ron Paul could say - and the interviewers bring them up so much that they are almost canned... you'd think Ron would have gotten wise to it..

real simple.. "you are polling very low"..

Ron: "well, that is subjective. I am winning most of the straw polls in which people actually get out and vote. I am only polling low in telephone surveys from a pool of hardcore bush supporters from 2004. So the telephone surveys in and of themselves are biased and not representative of the true voting public."

Real simple. I mean.. thats it.

American
11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
He needs a speech writer, and he needs it NOW!

walt
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
for sure.. there are a LOT of things Ron Paul could say - and the interviewers bring them up so much that they are almost canned... you'd think Ron would have gotten wise to it..

real simple.. "you are polling very low"..

Ron: "well, that is subjective. I am winning most of the straw polls in which people actually get out and vote. I am only polling low in telephone surveys from a pool of hardcore bush supporters from 2004. So the telephone surveys in and of themselves are biased and not representative of the true voting public."

Real simple. I mean.. thats it.

AGREE.

But the campaign hasn't made my suggested changes to the website yet either - so I don't think they are listening bvery well, this is why I don't support giving the campaign more resources, they aren't using them very well.

constitutional
11-03-2007, 02:38 PM

agreed, it would be nice.

cac1963
11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree he needs to draw more attention to all the other metrics that have him at or near the top, and indeed point that out to the next journalist who tries to hang him with the 2% in the polls bit.

He should say: "Totally irrelevant! Every metric out there has me at or near the top, from fundraising to online numbers to actual feet on the ground straw polls. Your measely 2% media polls don't mean squat, and the sooner you recognize it the more respect you'll get from the public."

Ninja Homer
11-03-2007, 03:20 PM

I don't know about a speech writer, but he does need somebody to write some real solid answers to the questions he gets asked in every MSM interview.

Will you run 3rd party?
No, I'm going to win the primary. I've won all the debates. I've won 10 of the last 12 straw polls with as much as 77% of the votes. My campaign is growing exponentially, while others are shrinking. My donations are expanding exponentially. America is waking up to your lies, so stop asking me these stupid baited questions. (last part optional ;) )

What about your low polling numbers?
Most people don't vote in the primaries. All of my supporters do. Those poll numbers are meaningless when it comes to my supporters. If you want to get an idea of what my support is like, and how the primaries will turn out, you should look at the straw poll results, not phone surveys. My support comes from real people... every demographic in the US. The other candidates support comes from special interest groups and the media.

Eric21ND
11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
agreed, it would be nice.

You know I was thinking that very same thing. Someone that doesn't change his message but just adds a little music to it or even a few jokes here and there. :rolleyes:

Austin
11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't think that he should use a speech writer, I just think that he needs to think about how he can answer some questions a bit better. This is a perfect example, as he has placed 1st in 10 of the last 12 straw polls. In addition, the majority of his supporters are young college students. This majority of this crowd don't have land line phones, nor do are they registered republicans.

I, for one, do not have a land line. I'm not even registered to vote yet (17).

Maybe we can drop a few emails to the campaign HQ?

terlinguatx
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM

VoteRonPaul2008
11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Agreed

Buzz
11-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Agreed. I keep saying this. It's such a waste of a huge counter to the "low polling" BS.