PDA

View Full Version : primary thoughts

benhaskins
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
maybe someone can inform me about relative interest in voting in a primary versus voting in a general election. its my feeling the primary voting consists of enthusiastic voters promoting their candidate which would favor paul over the other gop candidiates. the general election consists of people performing their civic duty for one candidate or the other.

i would characterize the top candidates base as lazy, flimsy, and uninspired. simply because they assumed the top spots based on name recognition and it doesn't seem like their campaigns do much to motivate their troops to campaign for them.

i guess what im asking is if a small percentage of people vote in the primary would that favor paul over the other gop candidates ?

Jaykzo
11-03-2007, 01:36 PM
If your assumption is right, that the primary voters consist enthusiasts, then I believe that the Straw Polls are good indicators for our success.

Deep inside, I feel that we will shock the nation by getting Ron the nomination. On the outside, though, I feel its foolish to even entertain the idea, because the odds APPEAR to be so unfavorable.

But really, we have a lot of enthusiastic voters who are treating this campaign with life-or-death seriousness. I gotta think that will make a huge difference in the primaries.

Bestboss
11-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Most people never vote in the primaries. That's too bad, because in some respects, good candidates may get pushed aside. I suspect that Dr. Paul will be catapaulted upward, when his devoted following does vote in the primaries.
That's why it is so important that we get all the voters we can muster, educated in this important part of the process.

Johnnybags
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
to win or be respectable. Not easy. Ads will not do it, only grassroots getting everyone in their family and friends out that day at a high participation rate.

Pete
11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
One Ron Paul supporter is worth 8-10 of the opposition because we will show up to vote!

Consider Rudy's lonesome boat ride back from Mackinac. :)

jgmaynard
11-03-2007, 04:37 PM
You're right, Ben, the number of people who come out for primaries is much lower than the general, even in a politics-addicted state like NH. This will help Ron, but we need to build name recognition for him first by any and every method possible.

JM