PDA

View Full Version : John Tate too many emails?

Bergie Bergeron
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
John Tate must have sent like 5-6 e-mails and 2-3 in the last 3-4 hours. Was that really necessary?

rajibo
08-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I received 3 emails today. 2 asking I fulfill my pledge and one as a final push. I think that's fair.

Edit: I mispoke - 4 emails -2 for my pledge, 1 for breaking a million and a final push. Still think it's no big deal.

Oddone
Really? I only recieved one E-mail from him today and that was at 8:34AM this morning.

Nate-ForLiberty
you high?

it's a stupid email, which you signed up to receive, and it's a moneybomb day.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wyE4ZiiRFz8/S_Yw_u5QwBI/AAAAAAAAAJk/jeTVIn3ONDA/toady%252520-%252520lebowski%252520-%252520wtf-01.jpg

ItsTime
08-20-2011, 06:59 PM
4th one was just sent out. Really bad IMO. Should have been two emails, one in the morning and one right about now.

Oddone
08-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Wonder why I am not getting them.. I got one from John Tate and one from the Ronpaulforums@gmail.com.

MRoCkEd
08-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I got three. I think it's a good idea to send a few updating and reminding people on an important fundraising day.

JoshLowry
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
you high?

it's a stupid email, which you signed up to receive, and it's a moneybomb day.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wyE4ZiiRFz8/S_Yw_u5QwBI/AAAAAAAAAJk/jeTVIn3ONDA/toady%252520-%252520lebowski%252520-%252520wtf-01.jpg

Yea, agreed.

I wouldn't call it spam... Changed thread title.

RonPaulFever
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I've only gotten 2 and I saved both as souvenirs of a great moment in history.

If email is that upsetting to you, maybe you should step away from the computer for a while.

ItsTime
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
And it is not spam, you requested to be on the list for the money bomb and Ron Paul mailings. Unlike what another moneybomb promoter did.

anewvoice
08-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I think the last one was a great idea, fan the flames of media fury a bit more to pull in a few more fence sitters.

2007 Tea Party - 57000 donors
Ron Paul Birthday - 6000+ pledges

Clearly there are people we have yet to get back into the game!

Oddone
08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
We also didn't have much time to get this together! The next one I guess Black This Out? Will have more time to organize and spread the word.

either way we are doing great! No other candidate could do this.

TheTyke
08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I approve... Rand did it during some of his most successful moneybombs.

BamaFanNKy
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I appreciate the emails. How often is there a moneybomb?

sailingaway
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the last one was a great idea, fan the flames of media fury a bit more to pull in a few more fence sitters.

2007 Tea Party - 57000 donors
Ron Paul Birthday - 6000+ pledges

Clearly there are people we have yet to get back into the game!

some of us donate and don't pledge. I'm already on the email list from donating previously.

Danke
08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I got two. Don't remember signing up to be on a list for this. But it doesn't bother me.

Oddone
08-20-2011, 08:01 PM
If you ever signed up on any Offical Ron Paul campaign site or gave them your E-mail you will get an E-mail.

CaptainAmerica
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I received at least 7 emails in the last 2 days so I had to say enough and ban his email from my email account.

LivefreeVA
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
This is good. I was wondering what someone would find to complain about on a nearly 1.5 million dollar money bomb day. Complaining about emails on moneybomb day is pretty priceless.

If we get 1.5 million per bomb i don't care if John Tate knocks on my door every hour.

Good lord...

John Tate must have sent like 5-6 e-mails and 2-3 in the last 3-4 hours. Was that really necessary?

IndianaPolitico
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
This is good. I was wondering what someone would find to complain about on a nearly 1.5 million dollar money bomb day. Complaining about emails on moneybomb day is pretty priceless.

If we get 1.5 million per bomb i don't care if John Tate knocks on my door every hour.

Good lord...
Well said, I am very glad they are emailing about this heavily. The campaign needs money, and I would be upset if they didn't promote it. Good job campaign!

Oddone
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Seriously sad... we are here to support Ron paul not complain because we recieved an E-mail. You should be happy..

pacelli
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Can't complain. Although now I think I've finally figured out who has been writing all of these long repetitive emails and CFL letters supposedly from "Ron Paul" all these years!! :) Thanks for the updates John.

This moneybomb has gone exceedingly well, if it takes 3 or 4 emails from the campaign to generate 1.3 million, I say let them send 10 emails. We're in this to win aren't we?

KurtA
08-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Probably spent more time kvetching than dealing with the email.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Most people have to be reminded between 7 and 9 times before they will take action, thus the multiple e-mails.

Ray
08-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow just checked my email and saw 4. I unsubscribed. My homepage is RPF so I don't exactly need the emails.

Birdlady
08-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Some of you don't care about the spam. That is fine. However if we look at this from a marketing perspective, less is more. If you start sending out all of these emails, inevitably it's going to anger some people. There is a higher chance of them getting deleted or people start to unsubscribe. There is a fine line.

I got 6 emails from him in the past 2 days... That's too much. 2 or 3 would have been suffice. I don't need someone's stream of consciousness in my inbox.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Some of you don't care about the spam. That is fine. However if we look at this from a marketing perspective, less is more. If you start sending out all of these emails, inevitably it's going to anger some people. There is a higher chance of them getting deleted or people start to unsubscribe. There is a fine line.

I got 6 emails from him in the past 2 days... That's too much. 2 or 3 would have been suffice. I don't need someone's stream of consciousness in my inbox.That's actually not true.

People need to be reminded multiple times before they act. That's what these e-mails accomplish. Remember most of the people on these lists don't actually read the Forums.

amy31416
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
That's actually not true.

People need to be reminded multiple times before they act. That's what these e-mails accomplish. Remember most of the people on these lists don't actually read the Forums.

I'm truly, truly shocked that you'd defend spamming.

afwjam
08-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm truly, truly shocked that you'd defend spamming.

You signed up for it! Its not spam, its called a political campaign! If you dont want to read it dont! its not a letter in your mailbox its a couple bits on the internet, it wont hurt you to ignore it.

trey4sports
08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
John Tate raises money for a living. He know's what he is doing.

trey4sports
08-21-2011, 05:08 PM

That is a fundamental rule of email marketing. The folks running this campaign are not amateurs.

amy31416
08-21-2011, 05:16 PM
You signed up for it! Its not spam, its called a political campaign! If you dont want to read it dont! its not a letter in your mailbox its a couple bits on the internet, it wont hurt you to ignore it.

Why don't you take a deep breath and settle yo' ass down. Not once did I complain about receiving emails, I never have because I really don't care. I **was** taking a shot at our resident board spammer, Napoleon'sShadow, because he just bumped about 10 threads with the same goddamned message--now that bugs me.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm truly, truly shocked that you'd defend spamming.It's not spamming, you opted in, and you can opt out :rolleyes:

amy31416
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
It's not spamming, you opted in, and you can opt out :rolleyes:

You should have been involuntarily opted out a while ago, socko.

BlackTerrel
08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
It's just an email. Take about 2 seconds to delete.

And if it bothers you just unsubscribe. Free will.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-21-2011, 05:35 PM
the proper response to this is to email the campaign and suggest that they may be losing subscribers over the amount of emails sent out. But that be too much to ask, so keep taking out you're misdirected angst on each other. That might work...

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
the proper response to this is to email the campaign and suggest that they may be losing subscribers over the amount of emails sent out.Most of those who would unsubscribe to e-mails for such reasons are really no big loss because they probably would not have donated anyway.

asurfaholic
08-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I like receiving the emails. Its what I signed up for...

The Free Hornet
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
That is a fundamental rule of email marketing. The folks running this campaign are not amateurs.

Ergo, they are not to be questioned or criticized? How about offering some good advice:

* set up folders to automatically route RP email, you can even have it marked as read (without actually reading it)

* As for "you signed up for it" nonsense, there may not have been a "meeting of the minds" here. Work towards accomplishing that by defining when and where the email will be used and how often

I have taken a lot of business and often demanded - and received - refunds from companies that have used my email contrary to the law and contrary to the purpose for which it was given.

Do not underestimate how much some people hate SPAM (whether you think it was solicited or not). I have seen several areas that ask for my email address when signing a pledge or donating. Often, it is not clearly visible - on the page - for what purpose that email will be used. Mistake.

afwjam
08-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I like the e-mails too. I am excited to read every one!

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 05:42 PM
You should have been involuntarily opted out a while ago, socko.
What's with the attitude and anger? Are you having a bad day?

08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't mind the emails. I signed up for them because I wanted to be involved.

Birdlady
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM

We will have to agree to disagree then. There is a very fine line for people in what they consider "being reminded" of a moneybomb and begging people for money. The amount of emails that went out, sounded like begging. Did you get all 6 emails out of curiosity? Would you like it if for instance a department store had a 1 day sale and sent you 6 emails in one day to tell you come to the store? I think you are being more lenient here because it is from RP's campaign. I understand completely. I am more accepting of it too, but lots of people aren't.

Another person in this thread said, "well then you can unsubscribe". Wow...You are willing to throw away your email list that easily? :eek:

There is so much information about email lists, I won't even bother to get into it all. Just do a google search on this stuff. You will find tons of blogs that talk about this to no end.

All I am saying is, there is a fine line and the campaigns needs to be careful here. Have a good night everyone.

trey4sports
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
We will have to agree to disagree then. There is a very fine line for people in what they consider "being reminded" of a moneybomb and begging people for money. The amount of emails that went out, sounded like begging. Did you get all 6 emails out of curiosity? Would you like it if for instance a department store had a 1 day sale and sent you 6 emails in one day to tell you come to the store? I think you are being more lenient here because it is from RP's campaign. I understand completely. I am more accepting of it too, but lots of people aren't.

Another person in this thread said, "well then you can unsubscribe". Wow...You are willing to throw away your email list that easily? :eek:

There is so much information about email lists, I won't even bother to get into it all. Just do a google search on this stuff. You will find tons of blogs that talk about this to no end.

All I am saying is, there is a fine line and the campaigns needs to be careful here. Have a good night everyone.

John Tate raises money for a living. They may lose some subscribers from too much emailing but they sure as hell are squeezing every last dime they can which is the ultimate goal. These are not amateurs, i'm sure they have split tested the emails including wording, length, frequency and just about every variable they can to ensure maximum return.

I have some experience in email marketing and one of the things I took from building a list, maintaining and profiting from it is even though it may seem kind of in-your-face and may feel counter-intuitive the best plan is to send too many emails as opposed to to few. Most folks don't think about Ron Paul 24/7 like we do. They need to be reminded to take action.

Although this may make some of you mad it is the truth.... The folks who run the campaign, who specialize in writing copy and relationship marketing don't need to take advice on relationship marketing and writing copy from folks who don't do it for a living, and really have no clue what they are talking about.

No offense to anyone, of course.

amy31416
08-21-2011, 08:09 PM
What's with the attitude and anger? Are you having a bad day?

I'm not angry, just responding to your spamming appropriately. If you hadn't spammed, you wouldn't get those comments from me. Granted though, as far as all the qualities about you that I find distasteful, that's probably the least harmful.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm not angry, just responding to your spamming appropriately. If you hadn't spammed, you wouldn't get those comments from me. Granted though, as far as all the qualities about you that I find distasteful, that's probably the least harmful.You don't even know me. Sounds to me though like someone is just angry and mean and bitter about life or something. I dunno. But you really ought to reconsider and reexamine your outlook and hopefully become a more content individual.

amy31416
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
You don't even know me. Sounds to me though like someone is just angry and mean and bitter about life or something. I dunno. But you really ought to reconsider and reexamine your outlook and hopefully become a more content individual.

You have over 30k posts here, chum. That's plenty to draw some conclusions about you.

And my life's better than it has been in a long time. You aren't clever enough to "burn" me, so why not just quit spamming instead?

Danke
08-21-2011, 09:06 PM
You don't even know me. Sounds to me though like someone is just angry and mean and bitter about life or something. I dunno. But you really ought to reconsider and reexamine your outlook and hopefully become a more content individual.

You've never been to Upper Volta, have you?

low preference guy
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
But you really ought to reconsider and reexamine your outlook and hopefully become a more content individual.

Definitely not. Amy is way too hilarious.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
You've never been to Upper Volta, have you?
Oh... I see. That explains it now.

BlackTerrel
08-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Ergo, they are not to be questioned or criticized? How about offering some good advice:

Posting a thread on this forum isn't offering advice. Offering advice is going to them directly.

Posting it on this forum is criticizing behind their back and accomplishes nothing positive.