PDA

View Full Version : RP gets me excited

davidcb
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
to participate in the 2012 elections.

As a liberal leaning independent/progressive type, I think Ron Paul's agenda can lead the USA through a peaceful revolution into a new era. Because it is already happening, I think he could be even more successful if he widens his 'post-two party' stance and address more 'liberal' causes. He could:

- voice "pro-choice" as a result of "pro-liberty". I think RP's cause for freedom of all life is truly wonderful, but when it comes to a woman's body, I would like to think it is her decision to choose. This would be a true Libertarian stance according to their platform.
- voice 'environmental liberty' as a result of new gov't programs. I see him working well with a Green senate, Progressive house, etc. towards sustainable development.
- voice an openness towards programs that benefit/fund cultural growth and (local) education.

I just want, as many do, to make sure that the 'independent majority' is united in 2012 over the Repub-Democrat reign. I am willing to register Republican to vote for RP, but I also don't want the 'true progressive' fight to lose weight. I'm sure forums through Americans Elect will help with this process. Good luck to everybody, we're gonna win this!!